Skip to content

New male BG1 NPC that is romanceable in BG2

12346»

Comments

• seekaseeka Member Posts: 53
    @NWN_babaYaga My apologies then, I completely missed the point of your post. I took it as a reason *not* to include a same-sex romance. As far as not having a request show, I'm right there with you. I would love to see them treat the s/s romance with dignity and respectfully... and to a different poster who hated turning them down was giving a gracious way of saying "No thanks" to the companion.

and @Razor Should FR vampires stop ripping off faces and start sparkling in the sunshine I think we will all be running for the hills.
    Razor
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    yeah, a sparkling bodhi that starts to emo talk our CHARNAME to death would be a real fatality
    seeka
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    A sparkling bohdi who reminds us that true sexuaity can only be accomplished through celibacy.
    BhryaenWolfheart
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, lemme try to go back to the source of this thread:

In BG1 i believe that edwin should be an eligible male romanceable character, from what we saw i believe that both 3 new characters gonna be romanceable and taking the fact BG don't had romance in the old game, i believe we shoud wait the release to speak more on this.

By other side in BG2, Haer'Dalis surely should be an eligible male romanceable character. I through to Jan Jansen too for gnomes (and half orcs, he's so crazy that this would be a probable act to expect from him), Mazzy would easly fit the halfling romance (a little off topic but halfling love too).
    seeka
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited July 2012
    @seeka I am pretty sure there was a line or two somewhere that said that people thought Lhaeo, Elminster's scribe, was a gay male. I believe the term was "man-lover", but what they really objected to was his being (playing) effeminate. (which he did in the game to make people not think of a Prince of Tethyr (which land was being torn by conflict because Lhaeo's father was a piss-poor ruler that ran his realm into the ground) was being held by Elminster.) In reality, Lhaeo is heterosexual and ended up in a relationship with one of the Seven Sisters (Storm, I think).

Eventually, he did get told who he was, and he went back to Tethyr to marry Zaranda Star, an Adventurer who had brought peace to Tethyr. His royal name became Haedrak II.
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    seekaIchigoRXCTanthalas
  • seekaseeka Member Posts: 53
    @LadyRhian This is completely off topic now, but I simply adore your posts. So! Much! Lore! Sweet gooey goodness lore. You should be our resident loremistress.
    edited July 2012
    @seeka Thank you. I've been playing D&D for over 30 years now. I started playing in 1977/78 with the original blue box set (my parents bought it for me from Spencer Gifts of all places), and I still have ALL my stuff, along with lots of expansions. I guess you can say I spent waaay too much money on this stuff, but my stuff encompasses D&D all the way through 1st edition AD&D to some 4th edition stuff (I have the Catacomb Delver's Guide and A History of the Realms, but WoTC lost me with 4e, and I came into 3 and 3.5 extremely late (like, the last two years it was being produced)). I also have Dragon Magazine going back to issue 57 (with some gaps early on) and all of the Dungeon Magazines, plus the Best of the Dragon Compendiums (one of Ed Greenwood's early articles in Dragon was a list of poisons of the Realms and a calendar of the Realms).
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    IchigoRXCseekaTr_ond
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited July 2012
    :sigh: gone for few days and i miss it all.

if nothing else, i want to voice my support to great arguments and responses coming from @Communard, @TheIronRose and @Bhryaen following the gay romance option discussion. really, nothing relevant to add anymore, i just hope developers will read carefully through this thread and take the "including content" approach instead of estimating the relative cultural norms that, ironically, do not even apply in this case.

edited: OT- it seems trent twitted one of the new characters might be interested in non-straight romance. ok, crossing my thumbs and waiting... O.o
    Post edited by trinit on
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    It would be cool that all the characters were romanceable... ...and highly improbable. :P
    But I agree! More romances :D
    @Necdilzor- all of the three new characters are romanceable, so says the trent's tweets.

no reason to doubt it, unless he is not a reliable source... ;)
    @Necdilzor is new to the forum @Trinit, joined in 18 july by the data on his profile, so he didn't read all the content that exist on the forum about the subject.

@Necdilzor, try read the following threads made by @AndreaColombo, they will let you better informed about many subjects:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1588/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-cant-be-done/p1

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2041/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-have-been-announced/p1
    Necdilzor
    edited July 2012
    @Necdilzor- links @kamuizin provided are a good start. in any case, like i said, trent oster, one of the developers of bg:ee stated that all of the new three characters are romanceable on his twitter account, as seen in this link

edit: i also like this very much...
    :)
    Post edited by trinit on
    BhryaenNecdilzor
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    We have now 2 romanceable men and only one woman.
    We realy need another girl ( or more ) to balance or male players will be play BG:EE only once :D
    edited July 2012
    We have now 2 romanceable men and only one woman.
    We realy need another girl ( or more ) to balance or male players will be play BG:EE only once :D
    You do know @Edvin, that the original game has three female romanceable characters, and only one male? So now it stands four females to three males. And that original romance for women players was pretty piss-poor in most women's opinion.
    kamuizinseekaNecdilzorXylina
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @LadyRhian
    I'm counting on the devs coming up with another romance for girls (if Dave Gross can get enough of that lovin' feelin') in BG2EE. After all, there's no Aerie or Nalia in BG1, so no need to limit it to BG1-existing NPCs. ;-)
    seeka
    edited July 2012
    @LadyRhian i gave an agree cos now we're even, but except for Anomen part, as i told i really liked him, but i'm a man and by roleplay a female character i just found fun in the huge and sometimes stupid conflicts that Anomem bring, we have a saying on Brasil that "pepper in the eyes of others is refreshing" maybe is just that :)!
    @Bhyraen That would be very nice! Like I say, I am pushing for Minsc (hey, he's one of my favorite male characters in the game), but I'd have no objection to someone else, either- as long as it's done well.

@kamulzin I'll have to disagree with you on the pepper bit, and we're getting close to even in the game as far as the romances go. :)
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    LadyRhian said:

You do know @Edvin, that the original game has three female romanceable characters, and only one male? So now it stands four females to three males. And that original romance for women players was pretty piss-poor in most women's opinion.

Yes i know and it was ufair, but it was many years ago and in those days was majority players male :D
    Now they have opportunity do it right, in balance.

( And yes, i am up for more romanceable male in BG2:EE )
    LadyRhianseeka
    Well 3/1 Male Female in BG to 1/3 Male Female in BG2 atm, but probally they gonna add new characters in BG2 too, and we may get things unbalanced agin.

The pepper thing is just a saying that means when bad things happens with other ppl it's funny but when is with us it's not (not tragic, just bad as someone press a katchup bottle and for accident get the entire shirt covered with katchup), as the saying "hard rock soft water, so many hits until it sticks" that means persistence will always give results.

It's hard to translate language expressions to the core.
    seeka
    edited July 2012
    @LadyRhian
    As challenging as a romancable Minsc project would be, note that the general rule for the Beamdog devs is that they're not allowed to touch old material... for the most part. They certainly can't touch Minsc's dialog to that kind of degree. This is really why- with romances and dialog recognized as valuable parts of BG by the BGEE dev team- completely new NPCs have been devised. I do hope they measure up. It seems like there'll be a stoic monk type and a bad-boy blackguard type, so we'll see...

It is a curious irony though that those who insist on no gay romances seem to thrive on romances with women who were invented by men. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I doubt the BG2 dialog for Aerie, Nalia, Viconia, and Jaheira were written by women... In fact, these manly men have been romanced by David Gaider and other guys... lol And if one of these manly men were to romance Neera and long to see her more in BG2EE, it would be such passionate feeling for David Gross. ;-) Maybe send him a love letter afters! Ode to the imagination...
    TheIronRose
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    kamuizin said:

@Necdilzor is new to the forum @Trinit, joined in 18 july by the data on his profile, so he didn't read all the content that exist on the forum about the subject.

@Necdilzor, try read the following threads made by @AndreaColombo, they will let you better informed about many subjects:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1588/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-cant-be-done/p1

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2041/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-have-been-announced/p1

Thanks for the links! Plenty of great information.

I joined recently because I never realized there was a forum... :P
    trinit said:

@Necdilzor- links @kamuizin provided are a good start. in any case, like i said, trent oster, one of the developers of bg:ee stated that all of the new three characters are romanceable on his twitter account, as seen in this link

edit: i also like this very much...
    :)
    Nice! Does that mean that the NPC's that appear at the start of BG2 will be determined by your party when you killed Sarevok?

@Necdilzor i think that one was not clarified yet, but personally, i doubt it. i think that would be too invasive for the old content
    @Necdilzor said:

"Nice! Does that mean that the NPC's that appear at the start of BG2 will be determined by your party when you killed Sarevok?"

We can always dream, i put all my hopes in this :)! Just hope Trend renegotiate the BG2 contract before launch BG2 EE so some things like this would be able to do.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I'm just gonna say what you've all been thinking.

Tiax Romance.

Hell yes.
    Razor
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @Bhryaen
    You're my new favorite person.
    @Bhryaen Love that ending! Even TIAX knows who *really* wears the pants in the family! ;)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Bhryaen perhaps apply to write imaginative romances for BGEE, I love thr Tiax script so far ;)
    He's a romantic at heart...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Technically, Overhaul has already confirmed that this request will be granted.