Skip to content

Baldur's Gate III released into Early Access

1117118119120121123»

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    edited December 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOWGnC3h9WQ

Bit surprised nobody's posted this yet, but the Game Awards trailer has revealed BG3's release date: August 2023. It gave us a bunch more juicy tidbits as well. Supposedly this is actually Jaheira in this trailer, although I'm not sure if that was actually confirmed by Larian. It would make sense though, as being a half-elf, she could quite conceivably still be alive (to say the least of full-blooded elves like Aerie and Viconia).

All in all, it gives me hope that maybe we'll see more links between BG3 and the earlier games, possibly even an opportunity for us to have some input into who Gorion's Ward was. It doesn't need to play a major role in BG3 at all; I'd be content if the game just let us specify their race, class, alignment, whether or not they had a love interest (which might have some changes on what people like Jaheira/Aerie/Viconia say), and whether they ultimately chose godhood or remained a mortal. I envision a scene where Volo is singing about the tale of the canonical Gorion's Ward (aka Abdel Adrian) and their exploits, and the player has an opportunity to pipe up and go "Hang on, that's not where I heard!" and we can provide our input there.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited December 2022
    Zaxares wrote: »

Bit surprised nobody's posted this yet, but the Game Awards trailer has revealed BG3's release date: August 2023. It gave us a bunch more juicy tidbits as well. Supposedly this is actually Jaheira in this trailer, although I'm not sure if that was actually confirmed by Larian. It would make sense though, as being a half-elf, she could quite conceivably still be alive (to say the least of full-blooded elves like Aerie and Viconia).

Jaheira would be quite old, a little over 150 odd years according to my calculations, but definitely not inconceivable. She looks the part imo, and her familiarity with Minsc *and* her saying "they" have been tracking the PC. "They", conceivably being Harpers.

I have mellowed somewhat in my opinions on the game, I'll probably see about picking it up at some point the coming months.
  • inryu13inryu13 Member Posts: 3
    Guys does anyone have a handle on how to get the free Deluxe edition exactly? Do you just have to buy the game at this time or do you have to play Early Access or..?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    inryu13 wrote: »
    Guys does anyone have a handle on how to get the free Deluxe edition exactly? Do you just have to buy the game at this time or do you have to play Early Access or..?

You just need to but BG3 before release (so 3rd of August on PC and 6th of September on PS5). It will have a free Digital Deluxe update after launch. You don't need to actually play EA for that.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Cahir wrote: »
    inryu13 wrote: »

You just need to but BG3 before release (so 3rd of August on PC and 6th of September on PS5). It will have a free Digital Deluxe update after launch. You don't need to actually play EA for that.

I'm mostly wondering what the "Deluxe Update" actually contains, haven't come across a description yet.