Skip to content

Latest mods?

2»

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited June 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    Thank you very much @Cahir! Especially since you wrote that you are busy with RL I appreciate the time.

@jastey you're welcome :) Because of knee injury I've sustained yesterday (which sucks greatly), I'll be immobile for couple of weeks, so probably will have some time to catch up with the list (which is good, I guess).

Meanwhile I've updated couple of mods: Angelo, Branwen BG2 NPC, Coran BG2 NPC, de'Arnise Romance, Xan BG2 NPC, Banter Packs and Dungeon Crawl.

From what I see there are only 4 mods left with links to both official (not-EET compatible) version and unofficial EET compatible version made by Roxanne or her alt PaulaMigrate. Those mods are: Alora NPC, Fade NPC, Ninde NPC and Saerlith NPC. If anyone knows there are official EET versions of those mods somewhere, please let me know, I couldn't find it anywhere.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited June 2019
    Fade has an official EET version.
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/download/1083-fade/
    Thank you for the updates! And get well soon.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    @jastey ahh yes, now I remember. There's no link directs to Roxanne's version, my bad. I left link to v4.0, since v5.1 is marked as experimental and larely untested in EET (if I understood correctly). So there are currently both versions linked in my list. When the "Experimental" label is removed, I'll remove link to v4.0 and leave only 5.1.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    Thanks!
    CharlestonianTemplar
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Tagging @LavaDelVortel so that maybe he can get that experimental label removed since he manages Fade currently. I did the update for EET and the only reason I called it an unstable version at the time was because I wasn’t familiar with the process. I tested the mod thoroughly since then and found no issues.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Sure, will remove the label this weekend.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Thank you :)

Just wanted to let you know that I removed "experimental" tag and removed 4.0 from download choice. It is still there when you browse Fade, among the archived versions, but when you click download 5.1 will be downloaded. I suppose that will also make it a bit easier for all those people who are new to mods - it's much more clear what you should download.

Cheers!
    CharlestonianTemplar
    I have updated links and version for all G3 mods except portrait packs, which I still need to add to the list. @CamDawg can you tell me if all portraits from G3 Portrait Pack are EET compatible?
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited June 2019
    Portrait packs were all universalized a while ago, so yes.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Why is it that Nexus is good enough for almost every other game (especially if it doesn't have steamworks), but the modding community for BG insists on sticking to 15 different sites?
    CharlestonianTemplar
    edited June 2019
    @Allbrother There is a lot of things going on in the world where an easier, better solution could be found if only all people would work together for a short moment. I'm not defending the current situation in IE modding, just stating the fact...
    History lesson part 1, history lesson part 2 (if anyone is interested why the IE modding community is frayed out as it is.)

If anyone would come along and reunite the IE modding community (before it decreased to less than three people), I'd grant him a Nobel prize.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Allbrother wrote: »
    Why is it that Nexus is good enough for almost every other game (especially if it doesn't have steamworks), but the modding community for BG insists on sticking to 15 different sites?

The few times I try to get a mod from Nexus, it requires me to create an account, this is annoying.

I don't think that's the case for most IE mods hosting site.
    CharlestonianTemplar[Deleted User]
    Personally I think there is some charm in having couple of separate mod hosting sites for IE games. I feel a different vibe visiting SHS or G3 for example. I find Nexus somewhat... bland. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have all mods available to download on one site, but for me SHS/G3/PPG are communities, where one can share his thoughts and feelings towards BG games and not only download mods. It's like a family that live in separate places on the world, but still one big family.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    Ok, I have updated my lists by adding all Portrait Packs from G3 (quite a few of them, I must say). Now it's time for updating SHS mods.

@AionZ do you plan to update your mods on SHS or should I link only to your Github master branches? I noticed some versions on SHS are out of date and I would like to avoid linking to such versions.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Cahir

Github is my primary hub for mods.
    CahirCharlestonianTemplar
    Updated SHS and @AionZ's mods. There are still couple of new mods that needs to be added. If you find some BGEE/BG2EE mod that's not present on BG2EE or BGEE, just let me know. There are so many mods out there that I definitely missed some.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Cahir You can also replace modmerge to this tool: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game
    Easier installation, ability to detect it via weidu.log debbug info etc
    CharlestonianTemplar
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Cahir You can also replace modmerge to this tool: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game
    Easier installation, ability to detect it via weidu.log debbug info etc

@ALIEN Right, I switched modmerge to DLC Merger. Thanks.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    Added @Skitia's Vienxay, Kale and Emily NPC's along with Yoshimo's Remorse by @LavaDelVortel and @jmaeq. Also updated @AionZ's Pai'Na and Aura NPC's to the latest versions.
    RaduzielCharlestonianTemplar
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    What's the meaning of the colours in that list?

By the way, a quick look at the website really impressed me. It's probably the most beautiful Baldur's Gate website I've seen. Such a shame nie rozumiem po polsku dobrza. I wonder why the IE games are so popular in Poland.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    @Alonso the color coding is as follows:
    - for BGEE (Brown: compatible only with BGEE, White: compatible with BGEE and SoD, yellow: natively compatible with EET)
    - for BG2EE (White: compatible with BG2EE, yellow: natively compatible with EET).

Also here is the list of mods for BG2EE: http://baldur.cob-bg.pl/bg2ee-mody.
    Alonso
    Updated following mods on the mod lists:
    * Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters -> up to version 19
    * Angelo NPC -> up to version 8
    * Aura NPC -> up to version 2.5
    * High Power Baldur's Gate -> up to version 1.7 (update long overdue)
    OlvynChuruCharlestonianTemplar