Skip to content

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
deltagoRik_KirtaniyaCrevsDaaksemiticgoddessThelslolienashafetovgorgonzolaJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrTimbo0o0o0KamigoroshiStefanOLudwig_IIThacoBellkanisathaZaghoulAerakarRavenslightSkatanOrlonKronsteenAdulGusindaswitPsicoVic

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I know the Goblins comic, having found it when it was on page 30ish, and been following it since. But I had no idea who Ellipsis Stephens is. The most recent news update on the Goblins comic explained that, though.
    [Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Thels wrote: »
    I know the Goblins comic, having found it when it was on page 30ish, and been following it since. But I had no idea who Ellipsis Stephens is. The most recent news update on the Goblins comic explained that, though.

So does the interview and why she chose that name.

Goblins is my favourite webcomic. Actually, I’ll even go as far as to say it’s my favourite comic and I have been wanting to do a Goblin issue just to highlight it. I am grateful she allowed us to interview her.
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Top review for Goblin Quest. It does it great justice. I still have the books prominently in my library wall. :)
    So many other contributions I still have to read. Nice work all!
    [Deleted User]ashafetov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ashafetovlroumen
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    deltago wrote: »
    Thels wrote: »

So does the interview and why she chose that name.

Goblins is my favourite webcomic. Actually, I’ll even go as far as to say it’s my favourite comic and I have been wanting to do a Goblin issue just to highlight it. I am grateful she allowed us to interview her.

Yeah, I just noticed it was handled in the magazine itself as well. I was just very confused when I read Tilly's original post.

I won't say Goblins is my favorite webcomic (*cough* OotS *cough*), but it's definitely top 3 material for me. Still hoping to be able to play Alternate Reality at some time. Seems she made a TTS version for playtesting recently?
    deltago[Deleted User]
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Really? A whole issue dedicated to goblins, featuring even Rhapsody of Fire in its latter half. But not even a single mentioning of Nekrogoblikon?! Shame on you half-green headbangers. :persevere:

[Deleted User]
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I haven’t played SoD yet so you’ll have to bear with me, but isn’t the plot hole caused by the fact that the dagger is supposed to be broken at the time CHARNAME is accused of having used it?

What Andrew detailed in the interview doesn’t seem to address that particular point.
    [Deleted User]
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    @Kamigoroshi The Rhapsody reviews were originally limited to just "Rain of a Thousand Flames" review because there is a sample of a song by a 70s band named Goblin on the track "Queen of the Dark Horizons". Ironically, it was one of the things that got cut from the review after it ballooned to its final size.
    lolien[Deleted User]deltagoKamigoroshi
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I stopped reading Goblins after it started positioning Minmax as this sort of White Savior figure to the monstrous peoples.

Did it ever come back around from that?
    We’ll be murdered if we don’t ask this question to you: The Soultaker Dagger, the one Gorion’s Ward uses to kill Skie at the end of Siege of Dragonspear is considered a large gaping plot hole left unresolved. How in your mind, as one of the people responsible for writing SoD, was that supposed to be resolved?

In an expansion to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition that a small but vocal group of self-proclaimed fans all but ensured would never get made.

Yikes. I'd always hoped that people were being pessimistic when they talked about how profoundly that scandal had effected Beamdog, but this sounds like confirmation that further work on the Baldur's Gate franchise was scrapped after that.
    [Deleted User]
    Chronicler wrote: »
    I stopped reading Goblins after it started positioning Minmax as this sort of White Savior figure to the monstrous peoples.

You mean when he saved Kin from the Goblinslayer? Or when he teamed up with the Goblins to get away from Kore?

Well the answer to those questions is both no, not yet, however there is foreshadowing that it might happen, but it did add more depth to the Minmax character.
    [Deleted User]
    deltago wrote: »

You mean when he saved Kin from the Goblinslayer? Or when he teamed up with the Goblins to get away from Kore?

Well the answer to those questions is both no, not yet, however there is foreshadowing that it might happen, but it did add more depth to the Minmax character.

It's been a long time, but if I recall there were two events that happened in rapid succession.

First, he experienced the connection that signifies among Kin's people that they were soulmates. She meanwhile has lost her memories of the gift he gave her, due to that other Kin throwing it into the abyss. When she responds with skepticism, Minmax uses her slave leash against her, showing that he was never worthy of her trust in the first place, but he's treated as the sympathetic victim in all this, while the alternate Kin is the real villain who twisted Kin against him.

Shortly afterward, Minmax is on the run with the goblin crew. That one goblin who was traumatized, branded as a monster, and now is like a despondent vegetable. He would not respond to any of his friends and family, but for some reason he responded to Minmax.

It just was a bit much for a guy who at this point in his development was still mostly into mass murdering monsters, with occasional exceptions for cute girls or allies he needs to survive.
    [Deleted User]
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Well done guys and farewell. Content great but why no bookmarks? To get to an article -

With bookmarks, click.

Without, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll...

TR
    [Deleted User]
    Well done guys and farewell. Content great but why no bookmarks? To get to an article -

With bookmarks, click.

Without, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll...

TR

I use to hyperlink the bookmarks in past editions under the ToC.

One thing I kinda wanted to simulate is reading an actual magazine. I didn’t want people to flip just to the game reviews or interviews and then not read anything else. I wanted people to scroll through it like flipping through a magazine or read it front to back as everything that was submitted should be enjoyed equally.
    lolienAerakarSkatan[Deleted User]
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    It's been a long time, but if I recall there were two events that happened in rapid succession.

First, he experienced the connection that signifies among Kin's people that they were soulmates. She meanwhile has lost her memories of the gift he gave her, due to that other Kin throwing it into the abyss. When she responds with skepticism, Minmax uses her slave leash against her, showing that he was never worthy of her trust in the first place, but he's treated as the sympathetic victim in all this, while the alternate Kin is the real villain who twisted Kin against him.

Shortly afterward, Minmax is on the run with the goblin crew. That one goblin who was traumatized, branded as a monster, and now is like a despondent vegetable. He would not respond to any of his friends and family, but for some reason he responded to Minmax.

I'll readily agree that Minmax grabbing Kin's slave leash was a heinous thing to do, but people in the throes of emotional distress often tend not to make rational decisions, in the same way that a drowning man will frantically clutch at his rescuer and wind up drowning them both. (Also, Minmax has probably, what, Int 7?) What I respected Minmax for was the aftermath where he tried to apologize and ask if there was anything he could do to make things right. And when Kin told him to drink the tea (aka "get out of my life, I never want to see you again"), he did it. He respected her wishes, even though it meant never seeing the person he loved again.

As for why Kickasso responded to Minmax when he didn't to his own friends/tribesmen, that I did find a bit odd. Then again, perhaps Kickasso saw in Minmax a kindred spirit. The two of them are clearly similar in personality and temperament, so Minmax "gets" him in a way that Kickasso's own family never did. (It's been a while, but I do remember the other goblins getting quite exasperated with him over his behaviour.) Remember too that Kickasso's torture and disfigurement were done by humans (or non-monstrous folks, at least), so the knowledge that at least one human doesn't regard him as a monster might be quite uplifting for his spirit.
    [Deleted User]