Skip to content

Which flavour mage should I choose?

13»

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    jsaving wrote: »
    Chronicler wrote: »
    What was Gary's reason for no fighter/thief/cleric?
    Only elves and half-elves had the ability to triple-class in 2nd edition. Unfortunately neither race can combine thief and cleric which meant no fighter/thief/cleric either.

I have recently discovered the joys of playing a cleric/thief and have come to the conclusion that fighter/cleric/thief would be the perfect character class for me. So it's a shame it can never exist . . .

Agree on the F/C/T. Half-orc or gnome for your cleric/thief?

I would love dwarf or halfling for C/T or F/C/T. Could C/F/T work using EEKeeper?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Aerakar wrote: »
    Only elves and half-elves had the ability to triple-class in 2nd edition. Unfortunately neither race can combine thief and cleric which meant no fighter/thief/cleric either.

I have recently discovered the joys of playing a cleric/thief and have come to the conclusion that fighter/cleric/thief would be the perfect character class for me. So it's a shame it can never exist . . .

I would love dwarf or halfling for C/T or F/C/T. Could C/F/T work using EEKeeper?

I'm using the Tweaks Anthology from the Gibberlings 3 so I have cheated and she is human. https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/tweaks/

I read on another thread (I'm afraid I can't remember which one) that the only way to make an F/C/T is to make a F/M/T and manually replace all the wizard spells with clerical ones, which is far too complicated for me!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Thanks @Permidion_Stark for sharing the link. I also use Tweaks Anthology, but forgot about this component as I usually don't install it. I do see a dwarven C/T in my near future!

That F/C/T workaround is way too complicated for me as well! I am fine using mods, but don't like digging around too much in NI or EEKeeper beyond correcting mistakes or changing NPC portraits.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    Strawberry banana
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Aerakar wrote: »

I'm using the Tweaks Anthology from the Gibberlings 3 so I have cheated and she is human. https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/tweaks/

I read on another thread (I'm afraid I can't remember which one) that the only way to make an F/C/T is to make a F/M/T and manually replace all the wizard spells with clerical ones, which is far too complicated for me!

I don't think it's possible since the GUI locks you int the arcane spellbook and even if you add divine spells you can't memorize them. Potentially you could cast them using hotkeys etc but I think it would be a major hassle. I tried once myself with my limited keeper skills and failed. Perhaps someone better than me could do it though, but I don't think it's doable unfortunately. Some spells can be added as innate instead if they have such a counterpart, but it's only a couple.

The closest thing to a FCT I've played is a cheated swashie/cleric with partially cheated proficiency pips and added backstab multiplier.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Hmm. Since Fighters don't get any unique buttons or functions, couldn't you make a C/T kit like those in Faith and Powers, give it full THAC0 progression on Cleric levels, specialization and APR, and give it a 1/3 experience penalty? It'll be awkward with HLAs, since your character would only have 2m experience instead of 3m experience as normal, but... I think that covers everything else? Probably?