Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Baldur's Gate Console Feedback

13»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 19,348
    Can you screenshot it and upload here?

• IsrafelIsrafel Member Posts: 2
    Sure. Here it is in Candlekeep. This and the other attack in Candlekeep have it the worst, but it's prevalent in most interior locations I've come across pre-Cloakwood.

nwp3zy4zqtn0.png

JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 19,348
    @Israfel How long has the game been running for?

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 331
    edited November 25
    ravenjt42 wrote: »
    I'm playing as a Cavalier, currently level 4, and I am unable to cast my Cure Light Wounds special ability. The character verbally acknowledges the action, and will even walk up to the party member (if not attempting on self) but no spell is cast. Lay on Hands works fine, though.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance.

That sounds very much like the bug I submitted. My Beastmaster gained the slow poison ability after one of the story dream sequences in BG1 and whenever I try to activate it all feedback says they are about to cast the spell (portrait icon, target feedback circle, verbal conformation) but they never do.

I was able to somehow force it in a dire situation (damnit cloakwood) by trying to activate slow poison then activating Cure Light Wounds which works fine for me then immediately selecting Slow Poison and it worked. I don't think it worked reliably though when I repeated it. Character is on the EE advanced script with everything turned off.

Wonder if it's the slot? My Slow Poison ability is the 5th special slot. Where is your cure light wounds? Can't remember what the cav gets is it...

Remove Fear, Detect Evil, Protection from Evil, Lay On Hands, Cure Light Wounds

Whereas mine is
    Summon Familiar, Charm Animal, Larlochs Minor Drain, Cure Light Wounds, Slow Poison

Post edited by spacejaws on
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 42
    I finished a full run on insane difficulty a few days ago of BG+SoD on Nintendo Switch.

All in all its a solid port and play-ability with the gamepad is even better at least for me than mouse and kb, wish they ported this functionality over to pc too.

The biggest problems i faced were the following:

1) Game crash when trying to save resulting in loss of data and corrupting my save file, it happened to me like 10-15 times in a full play-through. 2 times i lost 1 hour of playtime cause of this.

2) Biggest issue for me was the amount of game crashes, i got like 30 or so, mostly when a lot of stuff was going on, since i was playing on insane i had to use some advanced tactics with ground effects and summons etc. I decided not to play anymore till they address the crashes.

JuliusBorisov
  • ravenjt42ravenjt42 Member Posts: 6
    spacejaws wrote: »
    ravenjt42 wrote: »
    I'm playing as a Cavalier, currently level 4, and I am unable to cast my Cure Light Wounds special ability. The character verbally acknowledges the action, and will even walk up to the party member (if not attempting on self) but no spell is cast. Lay on Hands works fine, though.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance.

That sounds very much like the bug I submitted. My Beastmaster gained the slow poison ability after one of the story dream sequences in BG1 and whenever I try to activate it all feedback says they are about to cast the spell (portrait icon, target feedback circle, verbal conformation) but they never do.

I was able to somehow force it in a dire situation (damnit cloakwood) by trying to activate slow poison then activating Cure Light Wounds which works fine for me then immediately selecting Slow Poison and it worked. I don't think it worked reliably though when I repeated it. Character is on the EE advanced script with everything turned off.

Wonder if it's the slot? My Slow Poison ability is the 5th special slot. Where is your cure light wounds? Can't remember what the cav gets is it...

Remove Fear, Detect Evil, Protection from Evil, Lay On Hands, Cure Light Wounds

Whereas mine is
    Summon Familiar, Charm Animal, Larlochs Minor Drain, Cure Light Wounds, Slow Poison

Correct! Mine is in that same slot. This is actually kind of a big deal since I constructed my party to have my Paladin do minor secondary heals, and I can't do that now.

BEAMDOG, is this on the radar to be fixed?