Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Console Feedback

Comments

• duke5of5duke5of5 Member Posts: 10
    I haven't found this addressed anywhere, but are there plans to add the capability for mods or multiplayer to the console versions? I would love to be able to use the NPC Project mod on here, and it would be nice to be able to create more than one character for a single playthrough.
  • CoolczyckiCoolczycki Member Posts: 5
    Coolczycki wrote: »
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    psysiu wrote: »
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem on Nintendo Switch Lite! I'm also in chapter 4 & the game crashes about every 2 on 3 times while I'm saving (and save file is deleted), or when I start or end a fight. There is always the same message"the software was closed because an error occurred". This makes the game unplayable. I've done everything from nintendo support list to solve this bug but nothing isn't working (I have deleted, reformat, shut down, and still it doesn't work). I can play all my other games on switch without any issues. This must be surley a bug from the game. I'm counting that Beamdog will solve this problem. Maybe this is something wrong with downloaded language pack? Did you use them?

I'm using Polish Language Pack.

Yeah. I've got the same Language Pack...

Hey, maybe there's something connected with polish language dlc, because i have the same problem, and i use language pack from e-shop too.

Just wanted to update my previous feedback. I uninstalled the game, and this time - I didn't download the language pack from e-shop. I started a new game, and was able to reach (for now) chapter 6 without any crashes. That is another fact that convinces me that there must be something wrong with language pack (or specifically polish dubbing) for Switch that makes game crash so much starting in chapter 4/5.
    JuliusBorisov
  • eddycherryeddycherry Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys.

Just loved going through my youth best game again.
    All positive feedback I agree with.

I have one big issue. I thought that copping a letter in the journal would keep letter effectiveness...

I lost ducal invitation and stupidly saved on the same spot for 6-8 hours in chapter 7.

I read that there are no cheat possible to materialize items for xbox one.

Is it going to change ? Will I have to go through all the chapter again or do I have another way to go in ducal palace ?

Thank you very much
  • eddycherryeddycherry Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys

So happy to play my childhood game on big screen. Control is intuitive!

Only issue is that I lost ducal invitation. I thought copying is journal would make it effective. Did 8h of game on same saving ...

I read here no cheat mode. But anyway I can get the invitation or enter the palace without?

Thanks in advance

Ed
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2020
    sifubear wrote: »
    This is my first time playing BG, and one of my characters shows the + sign but I can't figure out how to level her up. Playing on Xbox One-S

@sifubear Sorry for the long wait.

Open the radial menu (One of the triggers)
    Select character record from the radial menu
    There should be a hot button (I believe it's (y)) or you can navigate to the level up button in the character record menu)

A note: the character record of the character that has the plus symbol will be the only one able to level up. The button will be greyed out for other characters.
    eddycherry wrote: »
    Hello guys.

Just loved going through my youth best game again.
    All positive feedback I agree with.

I have one big issue. I thought that copping a letter in the journal would keep letter effectiveness...

I lost ducal invitation and stupidly saved on the same spot for 6-8 hours in chapter 7.

I read that there are no cheat possible to materialize items for xbox one.

Is it going to change ? Will I have to go through all the chapter again or do I have another way to go in ducal palace ?

Thank you very much

It's impossible to enter the palace if you don't have the invitation. And cheats are not available on console, so it's an unfortunate situation for you - if you don't have a previous save.
  • psysiupsysiu Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to update my previous feedback. I uninstalled the game, and this time - I didn't download the language pack from e-shop. I started a new game, and was able to reach (for now) chapter 6 without any crashes. That is another fact that convinces me that there must be something wrong with language pack (or specifically polish dubbing) for Switch that makes game crash so much starting in chapter 4/5.

I've checked if removing the language pack will help with existing saves. Unfortunately it seems that once the game has started to crash, this won't help.

Have you posted the issue on Beamdog's bug tracker (https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/)?

That's extremely sad that tomorrow it will be four months when my save is unplayable. I really do not want to start the game one more. Besides there is no certainty that the game won't start to crash without the language pack.

edited April 2020

I've checked if removing the language pack will help with existing saves. Unfortunately it seems that once the game has started to crash, this won't help.

Have you posted the issue on Beamdog's bug tracker (https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/)?

That's extremely sad that tomorrow it will be four months when my save is unplayable. I really do not want to start the game one more. Besides there is no certainty that the game won't start to crash without the language pack.

For me it also unfortunately doesn't work on existing saves played previously with dlc downloaded (they still crash), but it somehow works (no crash now up to almost the end of the game) on new save played 100% without language pack dlc. Maybe it's coincidence (for example - I previously played with different class and party and that too could have made a difference), but that's how it is in my case.
    I already contacted Beamdog support about crashing Switch version a month ago, and of course they said they "passed it through" - I really hope they are working on it.
  • psysiupsysiu Member Posts: 4
    I removed the game and then installed it without the voice language pack. I've come back to my old save from chapter 3 which I used to play with polish voice language pack. At this moment I'm playing with polish interface but original voices. I've managed to finish chapter 4 and advance in chapter 5 without single crash.

This didn't help with saves from chapter 4 which were suffering from the crash curse.
    JuliusBorisov
    I removed the game and then installed it without the voice language pack. I've come back to my old save from chapter 3 which I used to play with polish voice language pack. At this moment I'm playing with polish interface but original voices. I've managed to finish chapter 4 and advance in chapter 5 without single crash.

This didn't help with saves from chapter 4 which were suffering from the crash curse.

I play the same way (polish text, english audio, no language pack dlc installed). Playing this way I was able to finish BG1 campaign without crashes and (for now) play another 15 hours into SoD with only single crash (which didn't came back later).

I think that more or less confirms that (1) something is wrong with language pack dlc (or more specifically - polish language dubbing, (2) once the save is corrupted (and it gets this corruption somewhere in 4th chapter in BGEE) by this bug, there's no turning back - it will crash and the only fix is to go back to bug-free savegame.
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    It's disappointing, going into a newly released console game, enjoying it but also finding a lot of bugs and reporting them, along with various suggestions to try to improve playability/user experience, and then seeing nothing for six months or more. I stopped reporting because it felt like it was all going into a black hole, there are so many issues both minor and major with the console release but I don't expect they will ever be fixed.

Normally with games getting a port to a new platform, there's a period of rapid bug-fixing, like, it comes out because that's when it was scheduled but then the other bugs QA previously found and were in the process of being fixed get taken care of in the following weeks. Sometimes player feedback gets taken into account because you don't know how games will be received until they're in the public's hands.

I guess when entering into this Beamdog EE world I was a newcomer and didn't yet know that a six month wait is nothing, and it's far more likely that 2.6 will come to PC before the console versions are touched again. NWN got some attention because of the online component, I understand that would be a higher priority, but it feels like there is really nothing being done with the IE console releases.

I would interpret this as the games not selling well enough to justify any time spent on them, which is a little annoying as one of those few players but I suppose justified. Fixing bugs won't generate revenue, that's the reality of it. Especially now with the global pandemic, Beamdog has to focus on the most profitable path forward, and I'm sure it doesn't lie in the console ports of IE games.

And I'm not entitled to any sort of patch or UI improvements or anything. I'm not owed anything. But it's still disappointing, to want a release to be great and see it languish.
    Tommy123Israfel
  • IsrafelIsrafel Member Posts: 10
    Everything involving the EE NPCs seems to crash the game on XBox One. Events involving Neera and Rassad both repeatedly crash the game. Neera’s event on travel after her stupid cut scene is forced, too, unlike taking Rasaad to the Heretic Temple.
  • kazama168kazama168 Member Posts: 18
    Game is broken on ps4 crashing when transition on map,fix please,cant even beat the game because cant move to another area...
  • Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 27
    kazama168 wrote: »
    Game is broken on ps4 crashing when transition on map,fix please,cant even beat the game because cant move to another area...

all console versions are broken since release (the bugs for Planescape Torment are even worse) and there was no patch since over a year now, not even a timeline or anything, so don't expect that they will ever patch their games
  • achung3512achung3512 Member Posts: 2
    Hello I'm new to this forum. I was wondering. It's been a year or more since the release of BG:EE for consoles. Does anyone know if the stance on multiplayer has changed at all. All talk about this was around the release of this game (I haven't seen anything new on this), and the final answer was that the console version would not support multiplayer, but that it would be kept in mind in the future. Well it's the future now. Has there been anything new to report on this topic? I have the Switch version for myself. I mean cross platform multiplayer can be a prettty big undertaking but I would even be happy with a local multiplayer patch so I can play with a friend or 2 and not have to pass the controller around just to play it, Would that seem reasonable?
  • Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 27
    just came back to check the current state, and even 1.5+ years after release there is still no patch for gamebreaking bugs in baldurs gate siege of dragonspear or planescape torment ... so I would say this is not true and beamdog has actually abandoned their games on console:
    We never abandon any of our products. Please continue reporting issues you encounter on our Service Desk. Player feedback is very important and helps us identify areas which need more fixing.

NWN:EE was always supposed to be released just after the IE games on console. It was a part of the unified plan. Beamdog is a relatively small company, and we have to find balance when we spend time and resources on supporting multiple games on multiple platforms (BG1, BG2, SoD, IWD, PS:T, NWN on PC, Android, iOS, and now consoles, as well as Axis & Allies in Early Access).
  • drstrangelovedrstrangelove Member Posts: 1
    Playing BG1 on Switch. There's a bug I'm experiencing with grouping characters in my party:
    - It works fine when I create a group. I am able to select the group whenever and it selects the right characters. - However, when I travel to another map/level and try to select my group again, the characters do not become selected.
    - So the group and character count saves fine, but after I travel to a new map the system doesn't select the characters when I select the group.
    - I basically have to re-assign the group each time I travel to a new map.
    - I tried turning the software off, got latest update, but still have that bug.
    - My current party consists of my character, Neera, Imoen, Jaheira, Mantaron and Khalid.
  • XeakerXeaker Member Posts: 9
    The Keldorn Quest is still bugged.
    I would like if they patch so you can choose the party by making a rectangle like on PC with the mouse.
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    What is the current console version od the game? 2.6.6.9 like on Android?
    edited February 2022
    Aaaand what are the changes? Any patch notes? What was the release date?
    Should I understand that Beamdog abandoned console versions of the game?
  • dildoswagginsdildoswaggins Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2022
    Ok so two years has passed since the Switch crashing issue was known and what Beamdog did?
    Absolutely nothing. Game is unplayable.
    How do call someone who sold you something that doesn’t work? Yes guys. You call him fraud.
    I spend lot of cash for beamdog games for every platform but I have enough. They sell trash. Every game on every platform always has so many bugs that you have no fun because you are pissed all the time.
    I will never buy game made by beamdog because it’s always the same. Same bugged trash.
    I am going to return BGEE to shop today because I will not wait again for patch that could never come
    Post edited by dildoswaggins on
    You are funny fella.
    Game still crashes after two years. You did nothing.

1csu3cc3xnj7.jpeg
  • boogieboyboogieboy Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2022
    Greetings! I noticed here (on the console) that the character changes weapons in his hands when he turns around. When wielding a single-handed weapon or dual-wielding a weapon, it's not particularly annoying, and the character can eventually be assumed to be swapping weapons. BUT! When he is armed with a shield and a sword, it's rather strange. I watched the original Baldur's Gate playthroughs, there was no such problem. The character always carries a weapon in the right hand and a shield in the left, regardless of the turn.
    P.S.
    Is there any fat patch coming for consoles?
    edited August 2022
    Hello is anybody there?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There is no update on the info about any potential patch for the console version, sorry.
    edited August 2022
    Lol. „We do not abandon any of our games”.
    BGEE Is absolutely not playable on switch.
    You sold me trash.
    I will never buy any game of yours. It’s fraud
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    @JuliusBorisov Will there never come one? Because I've bought it for Switch yesterday, specifically to play it on the go and because you haven't ported the console controls to (for instance) Steam Deck. But I can't get past the fact that it's so enormously choppy when opening and closing the map. The animation is very slow and stuttery. How can this be on a game that is from the last millenium and ported to a modern device? And you have to patch this someday, right?

Posting it here, since you guys don't respond to support tickets. :(
    edited August 2022
    Beamdog release trash and simply cheat their customers. I was fooled by them once again. Never again.
    No one will respond for your tickets.
    I tried to contact them via Facebook I wrote tickets. Zero answer.
    They piss on customers.
    All we can do is warn as many people as possible to never buy their games
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    They did patch their games an awful lot. Have to give them that. Console version might also be dependent on Skybound for any work.