Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Pathfinder 2: Wrath of the Righteous

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Aaand... it's currently bugged. Folks currently run into trouble selecting their addons. :(

Edit: Looks like the issue was repaired. Some fast work there! :)

I didn't even get the email with the link, so I'm still waiting on them resending it to me. :(
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    In other news, Alpha testing starts in a couple of days. :)
    For backers who purchased the Alpha Early Access add-on: check your digital downloads inside the Backer Portal.
    Trust me, you will not regret doing so today! ;)
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    How the hell do you tie your kickstarter backing to the backer portal?
    @DrHappyAngry Via a special, individual link to the Backer Portal that Owlcat has/will sent you via email. You can also upgrade and add addons to your current pledge if you want. It's pretty straight forward. You're also able to get your forum badge and discord role by completing the Backer Portal registration.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    In other news, Alpha testing starts in a couple of days. :)
    For backers who purchased the Alpha Early Access add-on: check your digital downloads inside the Backer Portal.
    Trust me, you will not regret doing so today! ;)

Ye. Alpha starts today. I am so bored atm that I am tempted to splurge the $15 to be an alpha tester.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    If Alpha had character creation, i would pay $15 for it...
    @SorcererV1ct0r You're in luck. Fully fledged character creation is inside the Alpha! It has everything Kingmaker's character creation had to offer and then lots of new stuff as well. If you aren't afraid of bugs and placeholders I'd say go for it :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @SorcererV1ct0r You're in luck. Fully fledged character creation is inside the Alpha! It has everything Kingmaker's character creation had to offer and then lots of new stuff as well. If you aren't afraid of bugs and placeholders I'd say go for it :)

Nah, will wait for release and couple of patches.
    Cahir wrote: »
    SorcererV1ct0r You're in luck. Fully fledged character creation is inside the Alpha! It has everything Kingmaker's character creation had to offer and then lots of new stuff as well. If you aren't afraid of bugs and placeholders I'd say go for it :)

Nah, will wait for release and couple of patches.

Ye. Same here. It was a fleeting thought. Still against paying to beta test (even though that’s the tier I chose) and this is no different.

However, I am excited that it is already in this stage of development and hope the alpha does go smoothly.
    edited April 2020

Is truth that you start at lv 3 this time? Can you make a Dhampir Winter Witch? Is the classes similar to P&P?

I found the chapter 1 of Kingmaker extremely hard, the first half of chap 2 hard and the rest easy(as a Sorcerer, i imagine that a martial class would have a different difficulty curve) but there are exceptions. Spawn of Rovagug was insanely hard. Starting at lv 3 would make the starting of the game far less frustrating
    The AlphaFAQ may answer some of your questions and clarify the current state of the Alpha.
    Not anwsered more in detail my questions. If will gonna have summon limit and etc.

But i found this link

https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/things-we-know-about-the-sequel-to-pathfinder-kingmaker/15191

"Cool Stuff: You can turn defeated bosses into Undead and take them on as your companions. You can make your armies undead"

OMG... That would be so epic...
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Does the $28 pledge get you Alpha access?? It will not only save you $12 on the game, but they've proved they deserve it through their continued work on Kingmaker after a rocky start. I only hope the release this time is more stable, as Kingmaker was in a pretty horrible state technically for months on end, and it really hurt the review scores, to this day.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    edited May 2020
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    Does the $28 pledge get you Alpha access?? It will not only save you $12 on the game, but they've proved they deserve it through their continued work on Kingmaker after a rocky start. I only hope the release this time is more stable, as Kingmaker was in a pretty horrible state technically for months on end, and it really hurt the review scores, to this day.
    Not included, unfortunately but available as a $15 add-on:

cpn3bnogk2af.jpeg

Edit: No tiers included Alpha Access. Plenty of people were upset about that.
    I see. Does the Alpha access ALSO transfer to Beta access at that time?? Because it that is a whole other add-on then forget it.
    I see. Does the Alpha access ALSO transfer to Beta access at that time?? Because it that is a whole other add-on then forget it.

I actually hope not. The Beta pledge was $99 dollars. The base game pledge was like $28. If those that pledged $28 just get to pay $15 to access Beta, I’ll be riffed.
    deltago wrote: »

I actually hope not. The Beta pledge was $99 dollars. The base game pledge was like $28. If those that pledged $28 just get to pay $15 to access Beta, I’ll be riffed.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm just gonna wait til next year then. Looks like the extra features for the sequel are exactly what you'd expect from this genre. Taking the original and turning it up to 11.
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108

Based on something I remember from reading the Kickstarter (but can't readily source, so take with a grain of salt), the Beta access does not include Alpha access (and the Alpha access does not include Beta access). Both testing phases are separate backing tiers.
    Details from the Romanceable succubus companion(Arueshalae) from P&P
    KynAi3T.png

1WqpVQJ.png

Note that she has 29 CHA. Can i make her any spontaneous arcane caster? With enchantments she can have a ludicrous high spell DC.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I certainly hope they nerf her stats for the game.

Also she can never replace Fall-From-Grace in my heart
    scriver wrote: »
    I certainly hope they nerf her stats for the game.

Also she can never replace Fall-From-Grace in my heart

No nerfs!!!

I saw all of my favorite things being ruined by nerfs in a lot of games. I rather having her as non recruitable/off party only than seeing another thing that i like destroyed.
    Is that Nessie
    scriver wrote: »
    Is that Nessie

No, it’s Amiri

ar1164xbakn5.png
    Hah, I didn't even noticed it was her until you mentioned it

...So does this mean all pre-existing pictures of that visual is Amiri now? I'm going to consider them so.
    Amiri has been an iconic Pathfinder persona since at least 2008:

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5la16?Meet-the-Iconics-Amiri
    Ah, I see -- I knew that the visual was a long standing character in Pathfinder art, I didn't know she had been named and defined beyond that before the Owlcat game
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    It seems the presence of iconic PF characters is a thing in Owlcat games. In WoTR they included Seelah, another of the "big ones" of Golarion.
    edited May 2020
    Seelah vie

Edit: oh so it's her! I must admit I hadn't made the jump to it being the same character, I thought they had just been "inspired" by the visual ;)

But like with Amiri I didn't know this one was also named and such. Guess I'm gonna have to look through the rest of the iconic characters now too :D
    Post edited by scriver on