Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Pathfinder 2: Wrath of the Righteous

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2020
    I, for one, hope that WotR will add the currently still missing Kineticist elements: Aether, Void and Wood.

Until now Owlcat had only introduced the standard Air, Earth, Fire and Water. Which was a letdown for not a few folks back then. So, yeah, the Kineticist already is nerfed when compared to its PnP counterpart. And I don't see this as a good thing for the only available occult type class in the game.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that they nerfed the kineticist, the base archetypes were OP enough, if you bring the blood kineticist into the fold that could be a killfest. At least normal kineticist have to deal with damage reductions, if you have the "ignore damage reduction" thingy of the Blood kineticist... ʅ( ‾⊖◝)ʃ

I do not think you even need the mythic feature, you are a demigod at level three. Talking about playing in god mode...

NO nerf, please

Unless is to make the more pnp like.

Look to NWN2 warlock. Is so nerfed comapred to pnp that without the warlock reworked mod, is only playable due companions NWN1 Pale Masters too... Useless. Since is a SP game, you can don't use if you don't like the class.

kind or ironic actually, because i actually like the warlock in NWN 2, but given that i only play SoZ and i find them quite effective in that game

hopefully this new pathfinder game will be better optimized than their previous one was, i found it odd that PF:KM made my PC lag hard during the goblin camp despite the fact i have an i9 9900k and a 2080TI strix

but so far its looking pretty good, at least im more excited about this game than bg3 ( bleh ) to me, this game looks more BG than bg3 itself haha

Everything is wrong with warlocks on NWN2.
    1. The DC of Eldricht Blast and SR check is bugged
    2. Tentacles that won't grapple
    3. Wall of Fire that instead of lasting one round per caster level like the Sorc/Wiz spell, lasts only 3 rounds
    4. Only one summon limit
    5. Tenacious Plague is nerfed to the point that is not worth being used; despite being one of the most powerful invocations on pnp
    6. The dead walk creating only one undead
    7. No point blank shot and a lot of feats
    8. No Practiced Spellcaster for those who wanna multiclass
    9. (...)

I wish that i could put exactly a quote from the complete arcane book BUT since the book isn't OGL, i suggest to check the warlock reworked page ( https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/warlock-reworked-102g ) and seeing all changes that they made

PS : BG3 looks like DOS3. If Larian doesn't bring the ludicrous mmo itemization number inflation, cooldowns, etc; will worth be played IMO.
    I, for one, hope that WotR will add the currently still missing Kineticist elements: Aether, Void and Wood.

Until now Owlcat had only introduced the standard Air, Earth, Fire and Water. Which was a letdown for not a few folks back then. So, yeah, the Kineticist already is nerfed when compared to its PnP counterpart. And I don't see this as a good thing for the only available occult type class in the game.

Witches aren't occult classes available in the game?
    @SorcererV1ct0r No, the Witch is just one of many advanced base classes that aren't already in the core ones yet. The occult classes only include Kineticist, Medium, Mesmerist, Occultist, Pychic and Spiritualist.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Extra romances made it. Next one's 2 extra animations per weapon type.
    e25ec8ef28c3de83c6559e6897223667_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1583296158&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=06a3760e4b1588dfa163a845211fe901
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Extra romances made it. Next one's 2 extra animations per weapon type.
    e25ec8ef28c3de83c6559e6897223667_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1583296158&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=06a3760e4b1588dfa163a845211fe901

It may be a simple thing - but extra attack animations sounds pretty awesome. More visual diversity is pretty much always good.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    6 days to raise 50k, i hope they reach it, that would be a pretty cool implementation ( much would have rather had this, than more romances )
    In other news, $1,585M gets us More Features for Races. So basically Alternate Racial Traits, making it possible to create half-drow out of half-elves for example.

Given an daily influx of ca. 20k, we're easiliy reaching both coming goals and then some. ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2020
    Owlcat is currently doing an AMA over at reddit. For folks having questions: now's your time to shine! :)

Edit:
    The current AMA answers can be found over at Owlcat's forum.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This is looking so good. Please, please Owlcat, don't ruin this with bad time constraints and forced urgency. We need a another really rtwp game with some budget behind it.
    132579517dba9c594a3061cc415ab0e8_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1583439023&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=83bfab5bbd6a3a2004e97684e9a7671b

Another stretch goal got cleared. And now we got a new one to go for. :)
    132579517dba9c594a3061cc415ab0e8_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1583439023&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=83bfab5bbd6a3a2004e97684e9a7671b

Another stretch goal got cleared. And now we got a new one to go for. :)

Ya, this is more like what I was hoping for with subraces awhile back. Not quite what I was hoping for, but I'll take it. Glad the extra weapon animations made it in, too.
    edited March 2020
    It's a pretty solid stretch goal for very little money. I mean, we're now getting 12 archetypes (on top of the previous 24 ones), have racial feats and also alternate racial traits for all races to boot. That at the very least means playable half-drow, half-aquatic elves and with orc atavism making half-orcs basically into playable orcs.

Also: new hidden stretch goal appears to be $1,750M Tactical Battles for Armies. Or something along those lines.
    Total War: Warhammer style maybe? ;)
    $1.75M seems awfully far off for only 5 days left and nearly $200k to go.

I only just saw there was more in that update they're doing Spell Dancers if the extra racial features make it. I really dug the Magus class since it was so much like the old school AD&D 2nd ed Blade Singer F/M kit from the book of Elves. Now it'll be even closer.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Also: new hidden stretch goal appears to be $1,750M Tactical Battles for Armies. Or something along those lines.
    Total War: Warhammer style maybe? ;)

I would sooner assume it was in a boardgame/war table fashion than full 3D realtime combat ;)
    7621294388eff1c6d6e2aba64dd7b75f_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1583505496&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=a60fdc70025d5656d16b6cce0e7608a1

Coming next up: Tactical Battles a' la Heroes of Might & Magic III.
    Not a big fan of this myself, to be honest.

No idea what the next hidden stretch goal is supposed to be. But it comes around $1,780M.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited March 2020
    In the Adventure path you had some massive army battles, you even have campaign rules for those, so I was looking forward to this tier to appear, but to be honest, the game will be awesome even without that feature.

After watching the gameplay video, It seems they took the (great) base of the first game and built over it (mounted combat, more classes and races, mythic paths). I only hope that they improved and modernize the story like they did with P:K and they avoid the usual Good vs Evil demons common tropes in this kind of CRPG games.
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    In the Adventure path you had some massive army battles, you even have campaign rules for those, so I was looking forward to this tier to appear, but to be honest, the game will be awesome even without that feature.

After watching the gameplay video, It seems they took the (great) base of the first game and built over it (mounted combat, more classes and races, mythic paths). I only hope that they improved and modernize the story like they did with P:K and they avoid the usual Good vs Evil demons common tropes in this kind of CRPG games.

They've definitely stated you can play as evil and there will be enough companions to build a party that makes sense to stick with you if you're playing a bad guy.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Boy, what a dillema I have. To back it up or not. I may end up backing it in the end simply because of a possibility to become a lich. This is something I want to do since like forever.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    It´s good to know that they are going to made different story paths for every mythic path available. I was waiting for the confirmation. That definetely will add replayability to the game.
    edited March 2020
    x9k2sil30048.png
    Tactical Battles for Armies are in the bag: and with just under 59 hours to go!!!

unknown.png
    $1,920M(?) Riddles of Areshkagal is the next hidden stretch goal.
    Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
    I'm surprised they've managed to keep pulling in money. The extra map encounters seems reachable with 2 days left to go.
    Less Than 2 Days Left! Champion of Hope and Vengeance
    Newest update talks about the Chicken Angel Path in more detail.

0fbf8cb80a3eacca62a8d263e17b868b_original.gif?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1583761080&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=a692806a8b11aed8974e2617d5354ce7
    Spell-like Ability: Disco Carousel? Certainly looks the part at least. :p

In other news: we're less than 8k away from +10 Special Global Map Encounters goal. We should hit that within something like 1,5 hours.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I've been reading their kickstarter page and I'm somewhat overwhelmed by how much stuff they're going to add to the game. I'm seriously considering backing them, which is something that I've never done before. I just hope they're not biting off more than they can chew... Mythic paths, tons of classes and archetypes, races, freakin' mounts... I honestly hope they can pull it off.

I still have 48h to decide. :)
    Dev6 wrote: »
    I've been reading their kickstarter page and I'm somewhat overwhelmed by how much stuff they're going to add to the game. I'm seriously considering backing them, which is something that I've never done before. I just hope they're not biting off more than they can chew... Mythic paths, tons of classes and archetypes, races, freakin' mounts... I honestly hope they can pull it off.

I still have 48h to decide. :)

I'm on the same boat. Still trying to decide if I can squeeze backing up the game in the last hours. Having a payment today not helping (to not go with it) ?
    Well, there's always the option of becoming a slacker backer via paypal after the kickstarter has ended. Owlcat even confirmed that slacker pledges will contribute for reaching at least one unreached stretch goal.

Back in Kingmaker slacker backers got us the Aasimar race thanks to an late pledger influx of $200k. I imagine WotR may very well double or even triple that sum. Should certainly give us more than enough money for reaching Riddles of Areshkagal.
    @Kamigoroshi I'm curious, how are you able to uncover what are the hidden stretch goals?
    @Cahir With lots of dedicated people over at discord and lots of trials and errors. They even found the font style used by Owlcat. All that's left is to find likely fitting words: making the hidden stretch goals into basically crossword riddles. :)
    @Cahir With lots of dedicated people over at discord and lots of trials and errors. They even found the font style used by Owlcat. All that's left is to find likely fitting words: making the hidden stretch goals into basically crossword riddles. :)

Damn, that's what I call dedication ?

I will probably end up backing the game when I get back from work. I hope the story will hook me up more than Kingmaker. I love the demon/devil stuff and I love the notion to play lich, so it may end up being a fun game after all. Owlcat really promises a LOT during this campaign. I fear it may be too much. But we'll see.