Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Pathfinder 2: Wrath of the Righteous

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    According to kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2 dos2 raised $2,032,434
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous raised $2,054,339

I an not brigning this data to create another "game A vs game B" discussion, only to show how successful the new campaign was. Even those who doesn't like dos2 can't denny the success of the game and i wish success for Wrath of the Righteous

Yes it was actually a very well-run well-organized campaign. But, as someone who does not like the crowdfunding model for making games (excluding when a small company is just getting started), I hope this game will be successful enough that their future games can be self-funded.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    DINOSAURS DINOSAURS DINOSAURS! I hope they make it in, dinosaurs make everything better.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    edited March 2020
    kanisatha wrote: »
    According to kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2 dos2 raised $2,032,434
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous raised $2,054,339

I an not brigning this data to create another "game A vs game B" discussion, only to show how successful the new campaign was. Even those who doesn't like dos2 can't denny the success of the game and i wish success for Wrath of the Righteous

Yes it was actually a very well-run well-organized campaign. But, as someone who does not like the crowdfunding model for making games (excluding when a small company is just getting started), I hope this game will be successful enough that their future games can be self-funded.

Owlcat has enough size to get a publisher BUT lets be real. They needing to please backers is far better than they needing to please a publisher... Publishers always ***** games. VtMB got launched in a barely playable state, gothic 3 too.

edit

some spells loots amazing

d6880db3b81870ba83dba0f0f2f8e162_original.gif?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1580831340&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=a2f1ad0c8d18b9bebf2dc96eb31da06d
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Dinosaurs would be cool, but I'm not at all enthused about the hunter class. It seems like it could have just been an inquisitor archetype. I was also unimpressed with slayer for the same reason. I'd rather they add something that was more unique.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    That's the gist of what hybrid classes are, really: fusing two classes together and bring in a pinch of new stuff. In the Hunter's case that would be Druid and Ranger. And there's some archetypes out there that I'd love to get my hands on. Primarely Verminous Hunter, Pelagic Hunter and Plant Master.

Gotta have at least the Verminous Hunter for dat juicy Swarm-That-Walks mythic path. Especially in combination with Ratfolk. ;)
    That's the gist of what hybrid classes are, really: fusing two classes together and bring in a pinch of new stuff. In the Hunter's case that would be Druid and Ranger. And there's some archetypes out there that I'd love to get my hands on. Primarely Verminous Hunter, Pelagic Hunter and Plant Master.

Gotta have at least the Verminous Hunter for dat juicy Swarm-That-Walks mythic path. Especially in combination with Ratfolk. ;)

The archetypes seem like they bring more, but the base class just looks like an inquisitor with an animal companion and the druid/ranger spell list. I get that hybrid classes are supposed to be a mix of 2, I just feel like resources could be better spent than including classes that don't bring as much to the table or making some mechanics better. Like Magus, while it's not listed as a hybrid class, is more what you describe. It combines 2 classes, brings some unique stuff and actually plays differently than the classes it's putting together . I don't feel like hunter or slayer really does that. I think I'd rather see more prestige classes than base classes at this point because what's left of the base classes isn't great.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited March 2020
    That´s good news, dinosaurs have some of the best companions and mounts of the game, and It is a nice addition, if only for a variety for druids, rangers, hunters, etc

I´m fond of the hunter class, myself. Rangers have great unique spells but you do not get to use them often because they are not very good at casting. With the hunter, you have a caster with the same spell growth as a magus and a full levelled animal without the minus3lvl. You also get lots of skills to improve yourself with the power of the animal focus and also your animal (any animal focus and teamwork feat you have you automatically give to your animal, so acting together you are a thresher machine), and your summons; Add the improved empathic link and you also retain the 4 skills+int per level and animal empathy and track. To be honest I prefer this class to the druid any day of the week, unless for RP purposes (1st edition less played class of all time)
    About archetypes, I vote for the divine hunter.

About classes, I miss the ninja, the samurai and the Vampire slayer, for flavour (unless they are already in the game and I miss them =P )
    And please, masterpieces for the bards and skalds...
    One fear that i have is that the devs said that they wanna to "teach" some things to new players before they get experienced all diversity that the ruleset can provide.

It can be a optional tutorial or "sorry, you will have to play 50 hours with a human fighter lawful good to learn everything before i can let you be wathever you wanna" which would be a nightmare...
    One fear that i have is that the devs said that they wanna to "teach" some things to new players before they get experienced all diversity that the ruleset can provide.

It can be a optional tutorial or "sorry, you will have to play 50 hours with a human fighter lawful good to learn everything before i can let you be wathever you wanna" which would be a nightmare...

I doubt it's going to be like that. I do get the impression the mythic paths are going to be something you don't get to till well into the game, so that's probably at least part of what they're referencing. Maybe it means things like making it more clear certain types of enemies require special techniques to deal with, like swarms. Maybe it also could involve showing a fight between a couple higher level groups so you can see how they do things.
    wkmzrm3c5144.jpeg
    New promo art for the Lich mythic path! Skellies instead of crusader cannon fodder, Camellia instead of Seelah, and Daeran instead of Ember. Also our risen succubuss companion looks far less Chaotic Good in this one.
    https://youtu.be/h_0C1BR8I7k
    Kickstarter Update
    I like how "tentacles" is now a synonym for "thanks". :)
    edited March 2020
    Pool for a Wrath of the tentacles expansion in kickstarter.

PD: I wonder if we will find references about the cursed paladin and the gnomes of Jubilost´s quest in the WoTR campaign, he was also crusading against demons....
    Post edited by PsicoVic on
    https://youtu.be/M3LVUQpW7PM

A new interview about Wrath of the Righteous. Completely spoken in Russian.
    But there is a partial English translation available on the Owlcat forums if you're interested.

Chris Avellone is writing another companion.
    Whips may or may not be available as a weapon category in WotR.
    The intelligent weapon companion will be useable for different kinds of builds.

Unrelated to WotR: Lyonya aka InanKy (game designer) loves NwN1. But not so much the Witcher franchise. Interesting.
    Since witch is in the game, will have in depth familiar mechanics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgQOG0l76GU
    They posted an update today
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2793719
    In it they reveal a new companion, a Gnomish Hell Knight.
    d965092d2c12f88b57c0fcab4c43fc72_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1585055391&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=7ca102f92f3e53478637bfcefefb84f1
    Finally! A no-nonsense gnome. Long live Paralictor Regill Derenge, slayer of turnip jokes!
    Finally! A no-nonsense gnome. Long live Paralictor Regill Derenge, slayer of turnip jokes!

Kvas from the NWN2 mod Path of Evil is still one of my favorite gnomes, ever. He was the anti-Jan Jansen.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Don't you mean gno-gnonsense
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    The date that says don't do it after 12:00pm. Instead look at OwlKitty (genuine YouTube videos).

TR
    46e464ce5d2b02de1c886b8d56da7db3.jpg

Anyone else wants these feline dinosaurs as familiar inside WotR? I certainly do. :p
    Also, Owlkitty needs to be less kitty and more owly. Otherwise the channel looses against its own name. In fact, they probably should adopt an owlcat as well. Best cats are owlcats!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    46e464ce5d2b02de1c886b8d56da7db3.jpg

Anyone else wants these feline dinosaurs as familiar inside WotR? I certainly do. :p
    Also, Owlkitty needs to be less kitty and more owly. Otherwise the channel looses against its own name. In fact, they probably should adopt an owlcat as well. Best cats are owlcats!

Thank you, but no. The one on the right scared the shit out of me ?
    They posted an update
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2806033
    Mainly just that the slacker backer portal should be up shortly, but there are some other tidbits in there.
    We also do now know what the Arcanist archetypes will be. WotR will see the Brown-Fur Transmuter, Eldritch Font, Elemental Master, School Savant and Unlettered Arcanist getting included.

I am especially fond of the Brown-Fur one. Arcane transmuter builds usually always get the short end of the stick. This one will even the field a bit.
    There's a new update up. Their backer portal is delayed. It's mostly about how they build cut scenes.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2805496
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Backer/Slacker Portal is live:

https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder
    edited April 2020
    Aaand... it's currently bugged. Folks currently run into trouble selecting their addons. :(

Edit: Looks like the issue was repaired. Some fast work there! :)
    Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
    4700015bd3838cbc073bf2d4fed19041_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1587564679&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=1c425556cd310a0c50911868fca5068d

We've got a first glimpse of the last companion. So what do we have here? Milky eyes, pale skin, silver blue hair and she's also holding a grimoire in her left hand while casting some spell in the right one. My educated guess is she's going be a romanceable Arcanist Dhampir.

In other news, Alpha testing starts in a couple of days. :)
    Thanks for the info!

I´ll go with aasimar because of the blue hair and blank eyes, as they have in PF , but the companions look great. The roguish lass, the no-nonsense hellknight gnome, the warmaiden,...