Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Once you finish the mod, let me know what was your favorite quest :)

Finished my run with beta1. To be honest, I liked nearly all the quests. My favourites were probably Unusual Shards and Thalantyr's chamber quest. My least favourite was Big Appetite in small Gullykin, because I had no idea where to find what is required, and couldn't find one of the ingredients even though I thought I travelled everywhere.

Thanks again for the great mod. Will try the new version next time.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Thanks! :)

I already know that BETA3 will be a thing before final 1.0 is up, as there are some little things to be fixed :) I hope you'll like that new versions even more.

Cheers!
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    Hello @LavaDelVortel I wanna ask one thing :) On android, the SoD is separate from BGEE, anyway, will this mod work without SoD?
    If SoD is not detected, then SoD content should be skipped. I don't think there is any SoD dependent stuff in the other quest, perhaps one or two things will look a bit worse, but nothing game-breaking. But keep in mind tests on the game version without SoD were less... intense.
  • ContiqueContique Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2021
    @LavaDelVortel I'd like to thank you for the great mod, it is really fun addition to the game :smiley:
    Can't wait to get to SOA and try your other stuff.
    I don't know if it is a bug or I am missing something, but found no posts regarding it in the discussion so far, it is quite some time since I last played the series so my NearInfinity use skills are more than rusty :
    Kobolds Dream Too - after all the talking in FAI I can't get this trigger : Global("L#KOBQuest","GLOBAL",3), rectified it with C:SetGlobal("L#KOBQuest","GLOBAL",3)

Regarding other quests:
    Final Rest of Firewine's Soldiers - I gathered the swords and placed them, all seems fine, I am only curious if there is trigger to formally start the quest (like journal entry), so far I haven't found one

Apex Predator - some of the text suggests that there might be a non-violent solution, is this the case ?
    I meant your other series of Athkatlan grounds Mods, and maybe Colors of Infinity (haven't read up much to decide yet) if they are half as good as Shades I am in for a blast.
    I try to avoid wands most of the time, as they trivialize a lot, didn't occur to me to try this one
    You can install both series together, no need to decide which one to try out ;)
    Cheers!
    Well I usually don't add much new content, only things like Tweaks, SCS and occasionally Ascension, but as I found Shades very enjoyable, probably will add the rest once I get to SOA.

Another thing to add that might be bug
    Spike Caprice+2 : reproduced this a few times, don't know if it is a bug or engine thing, but doesn't happen all the time, sometimes a character will fire off insect swarm on crit even if at that moment the dagger is equipped on another, also this one happens more often, if a character has the dagger equipped in one of the MH slots but uses another weapon insect swarm will also trigger on crits
    It will need to wait for the next update. I thought I fixed it already, but... oh well. Until it's fixed, consider this a feature.
    edited February 2021
    Started a new playthrough yesterday, haven't done much yet, so I installed the new update now, once I get to this item will write if behavior remains.
    Thumbs up for this : Improved Firewine Bridge: it's now a wild magic area
    Got through halfling village-> Target Ogre -> Magic Missile-> Gate = priceless :smiley:
    Was curious about a container found in Cult of the Dargon, but will ask once I get there again to see if I missed something.
    Yeah, I thin BG could use such wild magic areas and I read this:
    Firewine Bridge was once an elven trading town, but it was destroyed around 1168 DR in a sorcerous battle.[1] By 1368 DR, "Firewine Bridge" was a fallow field of overgrown rubble dominated by a large area of wild magic. The sorcerous battle was so mighty that it not only leveled the elven town, it also altered the course of the stream over which the bridge crossed.
    and I got this "Oh, that's going to be quite sick..." - so yeah, now the BG's Firewine Bridge reflects the idea behind the area a tiny bit better. But indeed, it can be quite deadly for those that dare to use magic out there.
    hello, i play on mobile... but in fai basement... the third floor causes crash. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks
    You found a bug that happens if someone is using the mod without SoD. It looks SPIDSM01 (small spiders) exist only in SoD. Are you able to use the console somehow? Before the new version is up, you could technically:

first, summon the guy from level 3 to have a conversation with him: C:CreateCreature("L#FAIEN1")
    and next move directly to level 4: C:MoveToArea("L#FAI4")

Another option for those that already has it installed, until the fix is implemented, just take this file and unzip it to your override directory.

The spiders will have the wrong name and won't attack you, but at least the area won't crash.
    yay thanks, on mobile I havent figured it out yet. And also on mobile SoD is separate from BGEE
    Yeah, you mentioned that. This would also appear on PC. I gave the instructions for all people, not sure if you can follow any of these on mobile, though. I have no idea how it works. I really hope you'll find a way to add that .cre from the zip as that would be best. I think lack of this creature may cause problems during one or two other quests.

I kinda did not expect spidsm01 (which is just small spider) is not present in the original game. Not because it's a really basic creature, but also the filename itself does not have bd- prefix.
    I am fortunately able to add extra files for mobile version so its fixed for me :)
    great! :)
    BTW, just updated the package to make life a bit easier for non-SoD setup users. The fix is already implemented. So it the fix for not working Wild Magic Area on "SoD-less" games. Thanks, @argent77 :)
  • BolkoBolko Member Posts: 15
    I am doing quest Final Rest to the Firewine Soldier's and i have now 2 old Bastard Swords in my backpack(1 from the rubble under the bridge and one from the eastern part of the map near entrance to the Firewine Dungeon) but i can't find another one to complete the quest. Can you tell me where i can find it?
    Sure @Bolko
    there is a 2nd interior level, in one of the towers. The entrance is very similar to the one where you get the quest / where you are supposed to bring the swords. So check other towers for entrance - it is there where you'll find the last blade.
    Thanks Lava:). I am using many of your mods and other mods and i am playing on core rules.
    edited February 2021
    Ok nevermind i found it:)
    Uhm, okay! Enjoy!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Hello,

I ran into a minor incompatibility between Shades of the Sword Coast and BG1 NPC Project.

If you have Eldoth in your party,
    Bentley from the Friendly Arm Inn
    doesn't have the new dialogue options from SotSC, meaning :
    - Zee's Quest can't be completed
    - The new quest from Bentley is not offered
    The workaround is to temporary remove Eldoth from the party, but it can only be done if the player knows
    Bentley
    is supposed to have new dialogue options.

I used spoiler balise, I let you decide if there should be a warning to other players. :)
    Thanks for letting me know, @Trouveur - to make it work ideally, new triggers/checks may need to be added to BG1 NPC Project, but once I investigate that, I'll talk to @jastey (with the hope those triggers can be added and the BG1 NPC Project can be updated). The other option is putting such component in my mod, BUT in that scenario, my mod would always need to be added after BG1 NPC Project and people may not remember that or it could become troublesome for people who are to try mods for the first time.

Anyway, let me investigate.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited February 2021
    @LavaDelVortel let me know what is needed, I'll integrate it into BG1NPC.
    I guess the original intention of the BG1NPC team was that Bentley doesn't talk to the group if Eldoth is present, but I vote for making quests completeable without player confusion.
    @jastey - I will check the triggers: if players can still take the quest OR they are in the middle of it, then normal talks will display, if my quest are complete or there are no new replies to displayy, then Eldoth's line would show up :) Will investigate and send you a PM :)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I will not disable the Eldoth reaction from BG1NPC, but I'm ready to add your quest reply options to Bentley's changed dialogue. Let me know what you need.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hello,

I ran into a minor incompatibility between Shades of the Sword Coast and BG1 NPC Project.

If you have Eldoth in your party,
    Bentley from the Friendly Arm Inn
    doesn't have the new dialogue options from SotSC, meaning :
    - Zee's Quest can't be completed
    - The new quest from Bentley is not offered
    The workaround is to temporary remove Eldoth from the party, but it can only be done if the player knows
    Bentley
    is supposed to have new dialogue options.

I used spoiler balise, I let you decide if there should be a warning to other players. :)

thats intention. he hates eldoth so his text changes. it was a nice touch.