Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• LordofBonesLordofBones Member Posts: 22
    Hi Lava, I've been getting this error when trying to install this mod on a fresh 2.5 EET game:

ERROR Installing [Shades of the Sword Coast - Expansion Pack for BGEE], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 117 files for [SOTSC/SOTSC.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 117 files for [SOTSC/SOTSC.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: EET_PLATFORM_CONVERSION")

It installs fine on BGEE, on the other hand, but EET refuses to install if it detects SotSC on a BGEE game (it works fine with unfinished business).

I've attached the debug file in text form, if it helps to narrow it down.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2021
    @LordofBones You have to install the mod after EET onto the BG2 install. Both the readme and the EET Compatibility List tells you that. Only a handful of mods are required to be installed to BGEE before the EET conversion and SotSC isn't among them.
  • LordofBonesLordofBones Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2021
    @LordofBones You have to install the mod after EET onto the BG2 install. Both the readme and the EET Compatibility List tells you that. Only a handful of mods are required to be installed to BGEE before the EET conversion and SotSC isn't among them.

No, what I mean is that SotSC won't install in a BG2 game with EET. That's the error I got.

If I install the mod prior to EET, EET won't recognize it when installing. If I install the mod after EET (on a BG2 install), I get the error for which I attached the debug file above.

If it helps, I'm using EET RC 12.2 and patch 2.5 for BG2EE.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    You have quite outdated EET. You need the most recent version as new functionality was added by @Swit aka K4thos to both SotSC and EET:
    https://github.com/Gibberlings3/EET/releases
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    I really love this mod -- it's now a required part of BG for me. This is the second time I've used it and I'm enjoying it even more than the first time (in part because I used the beta 3 version last time; version 6 has a lot more content!).

I did notice one problem that I thought I would mention:
    In the "Skeletal Captain and His Sons" quest, the scimitar reward seems to be bugged. When I tried to click on it to read its description the game froze up on me. I tried it a few times and it happened each time. The other reward, the dart, did not have this problem.

Also, a question about "My Very Own Hideout":
    Does the hideout persist into Siege of Dragonspear Castle? That is, can I continue to access the hideout during SoD, and do items placed into the chests earlier in the game remain there during SoD?

Thanks again for this excellent set of adventures and encounters! :)
    Fixed the scimitar yesterday :)

And about "My Very Own Hideout" - I think it should work, but you may need to check it.

Thanks for your kind words!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    And about "My Very Own Hideout" - I think it should work, but you may need to check it.

Yes, it works. :smile:
  • improbabileimprobabile Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 195
    Thank you! I'll try to update the mod this week :)
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Is there something I'm supposed to do with the hand found in the Tree of Shades' caves? I talked to the tree but it sounds like it's not interested in physical objects.

Also, wow, I think my Faerie Dragon is my best friend after that place.
    You should be able to investigate that hand with a special button on its description window. It may be used to get access to a special place, if you solve a rather easy puzzle.
    @improbabile - your translation is now available :)
    Everyone who'd like to enjoy it, download the new version! :)

Thanks and cheers!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Hi everybody,

Great mod and ideas ! The new items look great and very well balanced.

Any clue to find the remains of the 3 sons from the quest "The Skeletal Captain and His Sons"????
    edited August 2021
    It seems that the Shade Wyvern's Skull is not giving any poison protection
    Will check!
    As for the hints on the remains: check Ulgoth's Beard, Mountain Cemetry, Sword Coast Shore
    edited August 2021
    Ice and Ore quest - where to find the magic ice ?
    I was convinced that that magic ice was located on the Ice Island but couldn't find it. Any hint to find it ????
    It is there, just in front of the entrance to the underground complex. The container is a bit hard to see as it the container boxes are light blue and the ice is white-and-blue, so... yeah. But it's there.
    Will check!
    As for the hints on the remains: check Ulgoth's Beard, Mountain Cemetry, Sword Coast Shore

Where is that Mountain Cemetry areas ?
    Oh, you must have missed some new areas. Enter Gnoll Stronghold and head down, to the SW corner of the map, near the cave with some xvarts, IIRC. There, click on the western map edge and that will get you to a new area. There are two new areas out there, once you're there, you can travel there via the worldmap.
    What !!!!! Two new areas ... :smile:
    It seems i am missing a lot. At the moment i was looking, without success, for the hideout of the Cult of the Dragon. Went all the way from Candlekeep to Ulgot's old lighthouse ???
    It's in the same area as the shipwreck, there is a new cave near the glade with some... purple flowers, I think? Well, in that area anyway.
    Hard to find !!! Now i am struggling to get that dark crown and star saphyr "nearby" !!! :)
    Right below the bridge you need to cross upon entering the Gnoll Stronghold, there is a man who is going to attack you. He has the crown. Star Saphyr is a normal in-game gem you may find, but I also added it as an item you can buy from one of new merchants.
    Ohhh !!!! I was looking in the wrong place !!!
    Any chance you could remind me where the mage who gives you the shadow stronghold quest is? I've totally forgotten.
    Nashkel. Near the pub and the southern bridge.
    Also, is there any use to the various skeletons found in the graveyard? I'm carrying bones all around the sword coast and that doesn't seem quite right.
    It was discussed literally few posts above. Guys, just... continue checking things on your own, even the corners you think you know, because I changed many places and introduced lots of characters and items. Sorry, but there's no fun if I point every item and creature. And if you miss something now, you can still complete it next time. Seriously.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    There's a typo in Bently's SotSC text:
    I suppose I can tell you, there are some people already talking about it anyways: you see, years back, this keep wasn't a tavern, but a stronghold for an undead priest of Bhaal. My friends and I stopped him Then we cleansed this place and decided to turn it into an inn that could serve tired adventurers and travelers of all kinds.

The My friends sentence is missing it's fullstop.