Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    SotSC adds new wmp icons, yes. I could send them to anyone who is responsible for Worldmap or they can be extracted from SotSC itself (path: SotSC=> worldmap => icons).

Then I guess this could also be a problem if the Worldmap mod was installed after your mod, but I'd need to look at it more closely to see whether the icons can be patched to the Worldmap mod in all instances in the EE - I have a faint recall that adding it to teh BAM was only needed for the classic engine.
    I can put up an update of the Worldmap mod but I have no idea how to add icons to the BAM and what needs to be considered when doing so. Weigo did this for BST.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    What do you do with the unusual shards? i have collected them but don't know what to do with them
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Once they "merge" into one item, you just put them as a quick item and you can activate them.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    edited September 2021
    Where would i be able to find the golden teeth for the ghost on the ormyr peak?

Nvm Did not realise there was an extra map south of there lol
    Post edited by Ryofu on
    Hah, sure! Enjoy the new area :) There are some other minor things that can be found out there :)
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Really liked the ormyr peak quest, actually- liked the sense of humor and how it worked.

I will note that I had a PC who was off to Mutamin's Garden to grind some xp and discovered more than planned- that was also a big surprise!
    Thanks :) Enjoy all the surprises that are still there to discover! :)
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    So far an excellant mod, as you always do. how ever i am having trouble finding the ghost ship quest. walked all around bg docks cant see any possible triggers.
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    ok found it
    Great! Have fun!
  • EmraSaefEmraSaef Member Posts: 9
    I love your mods, Lava - they're are awesome) But I have a problem with two new locations on worldmap - they're are not showing. What can be a problem? Sorry for my English - its not my native language.
    You need to use new travel region to see them - in the lower left corner of the Gnoll Stronghold. First time you use this region, it will move you onto the new region. That very moment the area should be added to your worldmap and the area should be available via the WMP.

Not that this mod works with with BGEE, BGEE+SoD, EET, but not with Worldmap mod. It should be added at some point.
    You need to use new travel region to see them - in the lower left corner of the Gnoll Stronghold. First time you use this region, it will move you onto the new region. That very moment the area should be added to your worldmap and the area should be available via the WMP.

Not that this mod works with with BGEE, BGEE+SoD, EET, but not with Worldmap mod. It should be added at some point.

I play this mod since beta and used Gnoll SH to get to new locations, and locations were available on worldmap. Bou not anymore. I traveled through Gnoll SH to first location, but I cannot get to mountain cemetary from there.
    And travel region doesn't work :(
    Just ormyrrs's peak, but not cemetary
    How I can reach mountain cemetary? I cannot do that from ormyrrs' peak (
    edited October 2021
    Alright, I get it ??? Just uninstalled the worldmap mod and new locations now available on good old worldmap.
    I cannot get there because I have worldmap mod installed. Sorry for bothering you, Lava. And thank you for your mods again :)
    edited October 2021
    Hi again. I found a bug with quest
    Melting man - it cannot be complete. I did everything right - talked to kid in Nashkel, found Madame in tent on Canrival, gave potion to Menting man, I got a experience points and shirt but quest still in my journal
    Will check, however it is complete, if you did everything what you said, the variables are set, it's just the EraseJournalEntry that failed for some reason.
    Will check, however it is complete, if you did everything what you said, the variables are set, it's just the EraseJournalEntry that failed for some reason.
    Thank you for answering. But why EraseJournalEntry failed? Is there any solution?
    There may be some typo in my script, or something. Will need to check that. You'll need to live with that entry but it will cause no further problems.
    There may be some typo in my script, or something. Will need to check that. You'll need to live with that entry but it will cause no further problems.

Thank you again :) I can live with that entry in the journal and I will wait for next update of this beautiful mod. Have a good day, Lava.
  • improbabileimprobabile Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 195
    Hi @LavaDelVortel .
    I played a full game of BGEE with SotSC.
    Great work!! :)
    So I improved the translation.
    I attach the files for a future update.
    Thank you! :) Will publish a post once it's updated :)
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    @LavaDelVortel

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've scanned this thread and I can't for the life of me understand if it's possible to play this on EET when the Worldmap mod is installed?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited October 2021
    You can play it but there are two new areas linked from the Gnoll Stronghold which won't appear on the worldmap atm to travel to them directly. That's on me currently to set them up.
    You can play it but there are two new areas linked from the Gnoll Stronghold which won't appear on the worldmap atm to travel to them directly. That's on me currently to set them up.

Okay thanks for the info! Glad it's such a minor thing since both mods are must haves :) out of curiosity, when do you expect to get your hands dirty on this?
    It's in progress, I have the notes from @GraionDilach but you need to give me a moment to test and maybe to check some other things I wanted to check before the update.
    It's in progress, I have the notes from @GraionDilach but you need to give me a moment to test and maybe to check some other things I wanted to check before the update.

I was just curious :) thanks for this mod - can't wait to try it for the first time!
    @GraionDilach

Thanks for the in depth explanation! I had no idea about those things tbh.

The reason I'm using the Worldmap mod is mostly for The Darkest Day. I'm on the fence about that mod anyway, maybe I'll skip it after this. We'll see what I decide. Thanks in any case for informing me of this.