Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Lava is a treasure of the BG modding community. I somehow missed this one.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    I'm not sure I'd call myself that, but thank you! :)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Yeah, definitely something minor, but though I'd mention it, so you could decide to fix it or not whenever you decide to update next. Definitely does not warrant an update of its own, though.
    Right, thanks!
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Darn! Where is Dragon Cult hidden base? I was already there but I forgot...facepalm/
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2022
    InKal wrote: »
    Darn! Where is Dragon Cult hidden base? I was already there but I forgot...facepalm/
    Map region directly south of candlekeep, only reachable by heading east of high hedge, in a cave in the southeast
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Thanks!!
    Is it intended that the Leather Harness is
    usable by mages?

It seems based on a Studded Leather. Exact same base stats, but with some nice bonuses. Having Mages being able to equip it makes it quite useful for them until they can afford Robes of the Archmagi.
    Yes. It's mostly for bards, but I can't see any logical explanation why a mage shouldn't be able to use it as it's not really too heavy or too limiting his/her movement/spellcasting.
    edited June 2022
    Yes. It's mostly for bards, but I can't see any logical explanation why a mage shouldn't be able to use it as it's not really too heavy or too limiting his/her movement/spellcasting.

Well, if it's not as heavy or limiting as a Studded Leather, then it stands to reason it doesn't provide the same protection. :P Either way, as long as it's intended, it's all good.
    Post edited by Thels on
    Well, if it's not as heavy or limiting as a Studded Leather, then it stands to reason it doesn't provide the same protection. :P Either way, as long as it's intended, it's all good.
    Except for the fact it's enchanted ;) And it's from ~1280 DR - it's a secret item from my other mod, B&B mod for IWD EE. Perhaps someone will find it one day :P But it's there, just well hidden. That's what makes the difference ;)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Except for the fact it's enchanted ;) And it's from ~1280 DR - it's a secret item from my other mod, B&B mod for IWD EE. Perhaps someone will find it one day :P But it's there, just well hidden. That's what makes the difference ;)

So its an Easter egg. They are must haves
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 78
    HA! I remember it in BB for IWD:EE!
    There are actually a couple things like that :) You will notice that some of my IWD EE mods and BGEE mods actually refer to each other. And it's not just in SotSC :) But a powerful item from Tale of Our Lady Dreamless is actually also available in SotSC :)
    HA! I remember it in BB for IWD:EE!
    Oh, so someone actually found it! Cool! :)
    There are actually a couple things like that :) You will notice that some of my IWD EE mods and BGEE mods actually refer to each other. And it's not just in SotSC :) But a powerful item from Tale of Our Lady Dreamless is actually also available in SotSC :)

Those will go over my head, as I haven't played any of your other mods so far, but I'm enjoying what I've seen so far.
    Found a small grammatical error at Thalantyr's place. "You" should probably be "him":

py8nj5crlvua.png
    Right, thanks. Will fix it at some point. Perhaps it should get another proofreading run in general considering how many times the mod got updated (including the text).
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Wow, I didn't spot it when writing crossmod for the shelf.
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 78
    But a powerful item from Tale of Our Lady Dreamless is actually also available in SotSC :)

Wait a moment! This smell *fishy*!

No, not that one! It would be too fishy. I wanted to throw some light on something else.

But nevermind! No more teasing :p
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2022
    I have a couple questions:

1) I've found the Tree of Shade. But I can't find a quest or anything for it. I've been all over the levels, emptied every chest, found the side cave with the beholder, and nothing. I'm lost. I assume this is like Firewine Bridge and there's some hidden interactible that I have to pixel-hunt for to click on?

2) The Golem. I found the brain. Re-inserting it turns it on, and its indestructible, as the item description warns. It also mentions the brain is dirty, so I figured I'd need to clean it, but I can't figure out how.

3) Possible bug report: first time installing this mod, and its the first time I can't get Svlast to appear at night by the Firewine Bridge. I doubt its this mod's fault, but its the only other mod I know of that touches this zone.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Barachiel did you install Svlast via bg1ub or NTotSC? I think it was bg1ub, right? Did you install it before or after SotSC?
    jastey wrote: »
    @Barachiel did you install Svlast via bg1ub or NTotSC? I think it was bg1ub, right? Did you install it before or after SotSC?

Unfinished Business for BG1, correct. Not using NTotSC.

Note, did figure out the bit with the Tree of Shades. The interaction to talk with it was kind of hard to find, with the container access point overlapping it.
    @Barachiel
    1) I've found the Tree of Shade. But I can't find a quest or anything for it. I've been all over the levels, emptied every chest, found the side cave with the beholder, and nothing. I'm lost. I assume this is like Firewine Bridge and there's some hidden interactible that I have to pixel-hunt for to click on?
    There is no quest here. I mean not a standard one:
    - in these ruins is where you find a weird hand that gives you access to your personal hideout - you just need to guess the combination to open the hand and release what's inside;
    - and the Tree of Shades itself that you can talk to, by clicking the dialogue circle under it; this is the "main quest" - the ability to "feed the tree" with your memories, but while it gives items, it takes some of your experience points as those memories become more "faded and less vivid". That does NOT give you journal entries, because that's not something everyone wants to do (lose XP) and I didn't want these people to end up with journal entries that will never go away as this quest can't be completed. But yes, after you find it, you can return there and feed the tree until it's satiated. This also can give you the most powerful items in the mod, but (as I mentioned) you pay with a permanent loss of XP. I had to make it worth it. This is "the most optional" thing in the mod, though.
    2) The Golem. I found the brain. Re-inserting it turns it on, and its indestructible, as the item description warns. It also mentions the brain is dirty, so I figured I'd need to clean it, but I can't figure out how.
    Nope, this is just a stupid little encounter, for those that want to test themselves vs. that machine. There's nothing else. Well, maybe an option for someone to make a nice crossmod there.
    Whoops, I left the hand behind! Time to go back for it.

Good to know abou the golem. I won't beat my head against it, then.
    I think the head is in one of the chests on the biggest level of that dungeon.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Nope, this is just a stupid little encounter, for those that want to test themselves vs. that machine. There's nothing else. Well, maybe an option for someone to make a nice crossmod there. [/quote]
    Well, I could see a gnome artificer repairing this golem... ^^
    Okay, I must be blind or stupid. Where's the gnome's lair in the sewer? I've tried every entrance I can find, but so far, nothing.
    Urm, what gnome? You mean the collector? He's not a gnome.
    lngi72xseuvp.png
    ... Do i have the wrong mod? "Collector of Bhaal artifacts" hiding in the sewer?