Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• docbearddocbeard Member Posts: 10
    The ogre mage in the main Firewine dungeon just died to a falling cow incident, this is officially the best mod ever.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    That's one of the titular Shades: the red puddle enemy may become after being smashed by a falling cow.
    (That's not always going to happen, it happened due to a zone of wild magic Firewine is now, but yep - I am kinda glad you are one of the lucky few that could experience the full potential of that change!)
  • docbearddocbeard Member Posts: 10
    That's one of the titular Shades: the red puddle enemy may become after being smashed by a falling cow.
    (That's not always going to happen, it happened due to a zone of wild magic Firewine is now, but yep - I am kinda glad you are one of the lucky few that could experience the full potential of that change!)

Well I was cursing the wild magic zone thing earlier when my cleric's healing spell turned into a fireball so I feel that in the end things worked out!

• agewisdomagewisdom Member Posts: 4
    Hi great mod. Enjoying it so far but for Ormyrrs' Peak - where is the crown of silver leaves or something like that?

Also are there new areas that are not obvious like Ormyrrs' Peak? Cos I only found it via a forum post here.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    agewisdom wrote: »
    Hi great mod. Enjoying it so far but for Ormyrrs' Peak - where is the crown of silver leaves or something like that?

Also are there new areas that are not obvious like Ormyrrs' Peak? Cos I only found it via a forum post here.
    The Crown is somewhere in the Gnolls Fortress area.
    New areas are found like other areas in BGEE, by trying to travel to each directions in your current area.
    Where exactly? and what is the crown name?
    I cleared that area first and went through it again but don't see any crown?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    There should be a bandit-like person who's watching the bridge from the bottom cliff. He has it. It looks like a dark tiara somewhat.
    edited November 2022
    ok, thanks. means i have it already, accidentally left it on Minsc and didn't unequip cos it was too dark.

thanks.
  • uncle_claudiusuncle_claudius Member Posts: 1
    Hello-

Loving the mod.

Two questions from someone who's proving a little slow:

Firstly: I gathered all the shards together, but it's been so long since I got the quest that I can't tell what to do with the single item.

Secondly: I'm on the Ghost Ship and I think I've gathered all the skeleton- arms, legs, torso, skull- but I can't work out what to do next. I thought there might be another piece- the pelvis?- but I've clicked on every container above deck and below and not found anything.

Thanks again for the mod, a lovely mixture of tiny moments that make the place feel lived in and full on side quests.

Firstly: I gathered all the shards together, but it's been so long since I got the quest that I can't tell what to do with the single item.
    You can use it through quick slot item.
    Secondly: I'm on the Ghost Ship and I think I've gathered all the skeleton- arms, legs, torso, skull- but I can't work out what to do next. I thought there might be another piece- the pelvis?- but I've clicked on every container above deck and below and not found anything.
    You should place all the parts on the captain's bed.

I'm happy to know you're enjoying the mod!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2022
    I have played many mods over the past 20+ years and I installed this last month because I like a lot of your bg2 mods.

It is by far the most integrated mod I have had the pleasure of playing. The quests are fun, they do not resolve right away, there is involvement required. I only finished the Eastern side of the map and I am already amazed at the additions everywhere.
    I have a busy work and home schedule but I cannot wait to have time to play through the western side.

Oh, and the new areas... well done!
    Thank you! :)
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    Is there any walkthrough for the quests included in this mod?
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    Can you tell me how to complete 'Ghost ship' quest? I am on the ship, found the bones and can't move it any further.\
    Also the gnome, Kulul, from Nashkel doesn't take the ice shard or whatever it is that I got on ice Island
    Also the gnome, Kulul, from Nashkel doesn't take the ice shard or whatever it is that I got on ice Island
    Will fix next time I'm updating the mod :)
    Can you tell me how to complete 'Ghost ship' quest? I am on the ship, found the bones and can't move it any further.
    you need to put all the skeleton pieces on the captain's bed
    Will fix next time I'm updating the mod :)
    Can you tell me how to complete 'Ghost ship' quest? I am on the ship, found the bones and can't move it any further.
    you need to put all the skeleton pieces on the captain's bed

oh, okay, thank you :)
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 133
    Hi, love the mod. Quests are fun, and in the spirit of BG.

Question. I might be an idiot but I cannot for the life of me find a way into basement of friendly arms inn. I entered into the storage room/old tower next to main entrance and there is only empty chest there. Can someone give me a spoiler to enter it. I am stuck searching for an entrance for good hour and a half.
    It's in the kitchen.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    I love how little things like this can bring life to the game :smiley:

udwvf78932e3.png

• DuronDuron Member Posts: 133
    Regarding Tree of Shades:

How many events does it feed on? I fed it two. Main story starting trauma and shadowlands stronghold. Wondering if there are any other events that feed it.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    You’ll know when you’ve maxed out on events because it will stop accepting more and it will give you a large treasure hoard
    @LavaDelVortel I found a bug on my playthrough. The circle that was suppose to appear in Larswood didn't appear. I have the ring on right now. Not sure what is wrong. I got quite a few mods, but I'm not sure if it's their fault or just a glitch. last time I played I didn't have it.
    Remember it's the main character that has to wear the ring. Considering I haven't changed anything in the quest itself for quite a while, I would guess there may be some other mod that overrides the area? Hard to say without a list all mods / components you have.
    Remember it's the main character that has to wear the ring. Considering I haven't changed anything in the quest itself for quite a while, I would guess there may be some other mod that overrides the area? Hard to say without a list all mods / components you have.

It is my main that have it. Not sure if it's relevant but Gorgon's Eye adds a character - Kadrina or something, she's pretty far away from the portal but she also have a quest with bunch of bandits that we have to dispose of. Maybe it's them. Gorgon's Eye is after all a pretty fresh mod, although I can't check the coding because I know nothing about how to do it :D
    I checked it: the circle works with SotSC and Gorgon's Eye installed after SotSC so GE does not override anything there.
    edited January 2023
    I checked it: the circle works with SotSC and Gorgon's Eye installed after SotSC so GE does not override anything there.

Hmm, what about the mod which adds Haeball, the mage to the tower ruins in Larswood. Was it Northern Tales? Can't think of any other mod
    Post edited by Mapek on
  • ZoltanavrZoltanavr Member Posts: 41
    Haeball is from Nothern Tales. In my current run I have Shades, Gorgon, Nothern Tales and much more installed mods and I finished the circle quest without any issues.
    Zoltanavr wrote: »
    Haeball is from Nothern Tales. In my current run I have Shades, Gorgon, Nothern Tales and much more installed mods and I finished the circle quest without any issues.

I used CLUAconsole to get to that area. Really don't know what mods may change it
    weidu --log nul --change-log AR2900.bcs on BGEE.
    weidu --log nul --change-log BG2900.bcs on EET.

I vaguely remember seeing this in a combination myself, but I forgot which mod did it and I don't see it in my current install.
    weidu --log nul --change-log AR2900.bcs on BGEE.
    weidu --log nul --change-log BG2900.bcs on EET.

I vaguely remember seeing this in a combination myself, but I forgot which mod did it and I don't see it in my current install.

If you someday remember, please let me know so I know which mod is a little more 'risky'