Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• Mortimer42Mortimer42 Member Posts: 1
    Heya,

Just wanted to drop in and say that this a really awesome mod, the new quests are really cool. Biggest surprise would have to be going from Gullykin into the Firewine ruins and having that ogre magi pull out a Cacofiend spell, that certainly was a surprise. Did you know the summoned Nabassu in BG1 has the same death gaze attack as Aec'Letec? Because I didn't.

One question though, what is the AR code to move to the Ormyrrs cemetery? The 2 new maps don't show up, and I can't seem to move past the Ormyrrs peak map...
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    It looks like you have some other mod that did something to a worldmap, they should show normally. The area you're asking about is L#ORM2 (if I remember correctly).

Thanks for your kind words! Cheers!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Any reason to install SotSC before Dark Side of the Sword Coast ?
    I don't think so? The only problem that could be caused if the mod copied modified areas into the override rather than update the existing / most up to date .are files, but I think the modern version of DSotSC doesn't do that.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I agree that modern DSotSC very likely plays nice with other mods by not overwriting stuff, and jastey is likely an expert on this mod's inner workings.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I don't know DTotSC (BGT/EET) version enough. I am pretty sure it does not overwrite resources like are, dlg, bcs, but I have no idea what the mod does with regard to spl etc.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    The Trilogy version doesn't overlap with SotSC at all. I haven't checked but I presume the same applies to the nonTrilogy version as well.

If we're discussing compatibility against other older mods, there is an overlap between SotSC and Stones of Askavar via both mods using the cave in the area with the roads directly above Nashkel.
    edited June 2023
    I implemented the compatibility for that, @GraionDilach -- if both mods are installed AND it's time in the Askavar mod to enter that cave, my cave is deactivated, the character from the cave will move outside the cave and you can safely progress with the Stone of Askavar quest. Story-wise, "my cave collapsed" and a passage to a deeper cave is now open. I added that quite some time ago.

@jastey - thanks for more information on the matter!
    edited June 2023
    Ah, sorry, I wasn't looking at the area script. Can confirm that your solution even works on EET.
    edited June 2023
    Sure! Thanks. Cheers! :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Lava, that was a clever way to handle things. Thankee!
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    Question: did the two new areas off of the Gnoll Stronghold get removed from the worldmap? Or is it a me problem with my WeiDU order?
    They should be there:
    ndhisfekvekb.png
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 37
    I'm having trouble initiating the quest: The Dungeon of the Carnal Challenges. I've spoken to every named character within the Undercellar. I'd appreciate any advice that any may care to offer.
    There is a character near the "hole in the wall" in the southern part of the area, at the very end of the hall.
  • AethelAethel Member Posts: 7
    How do I start the quest "Circles of Interest" ?
    The mage spoke to me when I got out of the Inn, asked me to join him in his place, but can't enter the "House" on the map, there is just no entry.
    You should be able to enter the house near which he talked to you. If there is no entrance then you either:

a) have not started a new game after installing the mod (you need to start a new game for the mod to work properly, as it updated lots of areas);
    b) have installed another mod that overrides the area "the hard way" rather than updating it, thus it reverted changes introduced by SotSC.
  • AethelAethel Member Posts: 7
    It's possible I started the game, saved at prologue, THEN installed the mod
    I'll try that thanks for the quick reply !
    Last question, I promise. The quest; Shandraha (the werebadger woman). I never found her. In which area might she be located? Thank you.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Last question, I promise. The quest; Shandraha (the werebadger woman). I never found her. In which area might she be located? Thank you.
    The area with the excavations, where Brage can be found.
  • cristoff_07cristoff_07 Member Posts: 9
    Having an issue where I had two items for Taerom to make at once: one with the belt buckle and the belt found in Ulcaster School, and the Shade Wyrven's Helmet. I asked him to make the belt first and paid the gold, then asked him to make the wyrven helm.

After a few days I saw the dialogue finish for the completed helm and got it with no issue, however it's as if he forgot about the belt. There's no dialogue option to ask about the belt progress and I no longer have either part of the belt in my inventory.
    Will check it at some point, but I am taking a small break now, so I can't say if it's going to be on the weekend or in two weeks. Make sure, however, if that's truly the case, because for some items, forging time is 3 days, for others, for example, 7 days. I think that it is the helmet that should take longer. I also do not see any mistakes in the code.

Anyway, try waiting a few more days and check the dialogue again. I will also check it again when I feel a bit better.

Cheers!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Having an issue where I had two items for Taerom to make at once: one with the belt buckle and the belt found in Ulcaster School, and the Shade Wyrven's Helmet. I asked him to make the belt first and paid the gold, then asked him to make the wyrven helm.

After a few days I saw the dialogue finish for the completed helm and got it with no issue, however it's as if he forgot about the belt. There's no dialogue option to ask about the belt progress and I no longer have either part of the belt in my inventory.
    If I'm remember well, the belt needs 7 days, so will take more time than helmet. And pretty sure you can't ask him about progress until it is finished.

So as Lava said above, just wait more days to see if the belt is completed. :)
    Trouveur wrote: »

If I'm remember well, the belt needs 7 days, so will take more time than helmet. And pretty sure you can't ask him about progress until it is finished.

So as Lava said above, just wait more days to see if the belt is completed. :)

This turned out to be the case and I eventually received the belt. Sorry about the false report!
    It's ok! I am glad you have it now!
    edited August 2023
    OK, I am liking this mod a lot so far, you did a great job, but I think I found a bug (for real this time!).

I have both items necessary for "Big Appetite in small Gullykin" - the Plumsun Honey and bag of Toge Spice, but the halfling whom I believe gave me the quest, Manko Rubbleslide, doesn't acknowledge that I have the ingredients. I can't remember if he was actually the guy who gave me the quest or not, the journal just mentions a 'merchant', and he's the only merchant I can find in Gullykin.

EDIT: My god, you'd think I'd learn my lesson last time. I thought "aka extract" was another name for the Plumsun Honey (also known as extract), not a separate, third ingredient.

Sorry for the false report once again.
    Post edited by cristoff_07 on
    I was curious about something. After clearing the Friendly Arm cellars, Bentley mentioned an old Bhaal holy symbol. I assume that the one from the BG sewers is the one of which he was speaking, yet, when I returned to Bentley, all that he would say is that I should throw it away. Is that what is supposed to happen?
    EDIT: My god, you'd think I'd learn my lesson last time. I thought "aka extract" was another name for the Plumsun Honey (also known as extract), not a separate, third ingredient.

Sorry for the false report once again.

It's fine :)
    I was curious about something. After clearing the Friendly Arm cellars, Bentley mentioned an old Bhaal holy symbol. I assume that the one from the BG sewers is the one of which he was speaking, yet, when I returned to Bentley, all that he would say is that I should throw it away. Is that what is supposed to happen?
    There is no continuation to that quest, you already finished it, but yes, he will acknowledge you found a similar one. He says he's unsure if that's the exact symbol because it's not. It is hinted that the one you found belonged to
    Dendjelion, my Blackguard of Bhaal companion from IWDEE mod, and one of the other two items you found also belonged to him.

So it was mostly added co players could show it to Bentley, but he has no interest in Bhaal, his symbols etc. That doesn't mean you cannot use it, though, so... have fun with it.
    edited September 2023
    I think there may be an issue with "Zombie Infestation" and "Infesting Light". I seemingly completed Zombie Infestation, as Wenric paid me the 150 gp and when I talk to him he thanks me for clearing the farm. However, the journal does not update, and it says I still need to kill every zombie. It seems like this is related to "Infesting Light" as there's way to begin that quest (which I'm assuming is supposed to begin after Zombie Infestation is marked complete.

I just saw that there's actually now TWO journal entries for the Zombie infestation quest, one marked as completed and the other not.

ct6fdzuqlfrn.png

Post edited by cristoff_07 on
    That's not SotSC, but another mod also trying to update the quest and using BGT or Tutu strings with it (the gp abbreviation isn't used in EE texts).