Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    Thanks for the screencap.

Is there a way to make "Tab" show area transition highlighting?" I've seen screencaps on gamefaqs with the area transitions in green and lootables in blue, but can't figure out how they did it.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    edited June 2022
    Yes, that's him, but I don't think he's described as a gnome.
    Note about him:
    Sarevok,
    I gathered some information on the man you asked me to find. It looks like the collector of Bhaal artifacts is hiding in the sewers. We saw the entrance to his little den there, right under the streets of Baldur's Gate. We'll give you some details the next time we meet in person. If you want him dead, you know where to find us.

Slythe
    If he's referred as a gnome anywhere, it's a bug, but I don't think I see such a reference anywhere.
    Is there a way to make "Tab" show area transition highlighting?" I've seen screencaps on gamefaqs with the area transitions in green and lootables in blue, but can't figure out how they did it.
    I don't know, I know you can highlight containers and doors, but transition/travel region are something else.
    Yes, that's him, but I don't think he's described as a gnome.
    Note about him:
    Sarevok,
    I gathered some information on the man you asked me to find. It looks like the collector of Bhaal artifacts is hiding in the sewers. We saw the entrance to his little den there, right under the streets of Baldur's Gate. We'll give you some details the next time we meet in person. If you want him dead, you know where to find us.

Slythe
    If he's referred as a gnome anywhere, it's a bug, but I don't think I see such a reference anywhere.
    I don't know, I know you can highlight containers and doors, but transition/travel region are something else.

I have *no* idea why I thought he was a gnome....
    The Gnome Collector should become the sequel to The Bone Collector, that's what I think.
    edited June 2022
    Hey, quick question: I think I scuffed one of the quests. I found the Crying Lady after killing Rovo (sp?) the Unlikely Hero and I can't figure out what to do. She just says she's waiting for someone.
    Oh, that was something REALLY small. I think you need Rovo's sword ("L#RNI7") for it to trigger so she will recognize her beloved one's sword, the sword Rovo took from his body. It's a really minor thing, though, so if you don't remember what happened with the sword, just ignore it. I added it because previously it was just Rovo and the sword and that was to tell people how he got it.
    edited June 2022
    Gotcha! I'm nearly done. Got about a half dozen quests left, mainly the ones in Ulgoth's Beard and Candlekeep. Off to find the one in the harbor next!

Making a note to reduce XP next time I install EET Tweaks. I'm 30K shy of the BG1+TotSC level cap and I've not done Chapter 6 yet, much less ToTSC.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Barachiel wrote: »
    Thanks for the screencap.

There is an option in EE UI Tweaks to show door icons on places you can click to travel to other locations, when holding tab and when enabling the overlay.
    Barachiel wrote: »
    Making a note to reduce XP next time I install EET Tweaks. I'm 30K shy of the BG1+TotSC level cap and I've not done Chapter 6 yet, much less ToTSC.
    That's mostly a reason why I added the Tree of Shades: so you could trade some of that XP and get some gear for it :)

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    That's mostly a reason why I added the Tree of Shades: so you could trade some of that XP and get some gear for it :)
    That's a cool idea indeed!

edited June 2022
    Thanks! I knew adding so many quests will get players lots of XP so thought that may be useful :wink: Even if the loss isn't huge :)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    jastey wrote: »
    That's a cool idea indeed!

I fully agree - it is a cool idea <3.

If you ever need inspiration for items or rewards I’d be happy to help…
    But I am also an unapologetic power player, so I will share my views either way. Perhaps trading xp for some minor perks: an AC bonus, 2-5 % DR or MR or permanent resistance to something.

It's kinda too late for the changes, plus, I can imagine how the underground tree might have gathered gear of all the fallen ones, even though it's not literally mentioned there, but... that's how I imagine it.

But there are still some mods I may be working on, so... :P
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    No sweat. Will be looking forward to them no matter what…
    edited June 2022
    Still very much enjoying the content!

Found a grammatical inconsistency regarding the cache under the waterfall:
    "Plate Mail of the Oblivion" is a grammatical error. It should be "Plate Mail of Oblivion" or "Plate Mail of the Oblivious". Optionally, you can leave out the word "Mail", so "Plate of Oblivion", just like "Plate of the Dark".
    Post edited by Thels on
    Thanks! And I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!
    Will try to include the error in the next version.
    At the Mountain Cemetery, any character can enter the cave by themselves, but you need the entire party to leave the cave, forcing you to move the entire party into the cave to get the one character out again.
    Thanks! I guess this bug may happen in some other places :p Sometimes I keep forgetting properties of specific travel regions when it comes to party required / save when passing.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    Hiho :)

I just wanted to report that the Shade Wyvern Helmet grants +4 to Saving Throws against Breath Weapons instead of +3 like it is written in the Description.
    edited June 2022
    Ok, good to know, thanks! :)
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Dear Lava,
    I've played through Bg ee with your mod four times now, good fun. One question, I keep finding a string to a cross bow called crossfate in the candlekeep dungeon, never found anything else for it. Any clue as to what I'm meant to be looking for?
    I'm glad you're having fun!

There must be some other part, but I really don't remember where those things are, haha. I remember the easiest item part to miss is probably in...
    one of the Bandit Camp huts (not the big one, but one of the smaller ones

But I have no idea if that's the one you're missing :) On the other hand, that's part of the mod's idea: look for stuff in all the places, including areas that were insignificant in the original game :)

Happy treasure hunting :P
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Cheers mate,
    It might be the installation itself. I've never found the Dragon Cult entrance either. Spoken to the bloke in Baldurs gate that makes it spawn etc, I know what map it's on and I know it's near a field of purple flowers, but there's no cave entrance. Never mind everything else is great.
    Telka (one of the amazones in the valley of the tombs) is wearing two Studded Leather Armor +1s. Note that both NTotSC and SotSC are adding items to her, so I'm not sure if the issue lies with this mod or the other one.
    My mod does not give existing characters any items like that. If I give something to a character, it's a brand new item / a quest item. Like here:
    COPY_EXISTING ~TELKA.cre~ ~override/TELKA.cre~
    PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN
    ADD_CRE_ITEM ~L#SHOQ2~ #1 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~inv~
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

It's a quest item, but I won't say which one to avoid spoilers.
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    barker262 wrote: »
    Dear Lava,
    I've played through Bg ee with your mod four times now, good fun. One question, I keep finding a string to a cross bow called crossfate in the candlekeep dungeon, never found anything else for it. Any clue as to what I'm meant to be looking for?
    At least in my install the other piece is in the seven suns basement, near jhasso.
    Ah, right! I forgot that one! Thanks!
    My mod does not give existing characters any items like that. If I give something to a character, it's a brand new item / a quest item. Like here:
    COPY_EXISTING ~TELKA.cre~ ~override/TELKA.cre~
    PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN
    ADD_CRE_ITEM ~L#SHOQ2~ #1 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~inv~
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

It's a quest item, but I won't say which one to avoid spoilers.

I noticed the quest item, and a quick check told me it came from SotSC. NTotSC also adds an item to her, and for some reason, she ends up with 2 of those studded leathers, so I assumed one of the two mods must've been causing it. I've informed Jastey as well. Thanks for the reply. :)
    edited July 2022
    In the spider cave, there is one set of three passages where passages A and B lead to each other, and passage C leads to passage A, with nothing leading back to passage C. If you see the image below, you'll see that the passage close to the web leads to the cave directly south of that, but the only exit in that cave leads elsewhere. Is that intended? Definitely not game-breaking, but a little confusing that you can't return to where you came from.

8cp7zrktnlfb.png

Yep, that is intentional, because I am kinda chaotic neutral and I love to confuse players every now and then :)

Imagine it as a way down, with a place for a break halfway down, but the passage is too wet and slippery to use it to get back up, so you need to find another way :)