We're close to the 2.6 Patch Release!
Steam Beta 188.8.131.52 for is available now for public testing!
"I will be the last! And you will go first... Heh hehehehe..." ~ Sarevok.
We heard your feedback loud and clear on the 184.108.40.206 build— we've removed the potion stacking "fix" and added a few more improvements. Now we're looking for one more round of beta testing (which we hope will be the final phase before preparing for release). Thanks again to everyone testing these game and helping us making the patch a success.
Dive into the games and let us know if we're finally ready to launch this patch!
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced EditionIMPORTANT:
Patch 2.6 will NOT be the last patch for Infinity Engine games.
TEST OBJECTIVE: Start questing! Is the patch good enough to release?How to Participate
System Requirements have changed:
- Patch 2.6 will not fix every issue— but we hope to make further improvements in future
- Here's what's in the patch: 2.6 Patch Items
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit, OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
- Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
- Make sure your device supports 64-bit games
WHAT CHANGED SINCE THE LAST BETA
- Playthrough some quests & VOTE on the release
- Tell us about *new bugs (the beta shouldn't add any issues) - comment below!
- Tell us about major issues affecting saves, visuals, sound & quality - comment below!How to opt-in & verify you're using the correct version
- Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
- In your Steam Library, Right-Click on the game and choose “Properties”
- Click on the Beta Tab
- Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
- If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
- In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 220.127.116.11
All Games | Removed potion stacking "fix" so potions of power effects will continue to stack.
All Games | The Mass Invisibility sound should now play as expected
All Games | Extended casting animations for certain monsters
BGI | The applicants in Rasaad's area should now charge to their death instead of following the player
SOD | Corrected shaman summoning circle animation
We'll move forward with a 2.6 Patch release when we hear feedback from enough Windows, Linux & macOS players.
*Note: We're focusing on Windows macOS & Linux now, but stay tuned for details on the 2.6 Patch for Android & iOS!
Join the Beta & Vote Below!Testing Status:
10/10 Windows Players (Done!)
3/3 Linux Players (Done!)
3/3 macOS Players (Done!)