Skip to content

[Mod in progress] Skyfire – Modification for Baldur’s Gate II

1235»

Comments

• AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    With all the work that's gone into this it feels worthy of being its own adventure to experience with new characters
    Oh, that's a nice idea - thank you very much! :)
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    Heya. How is the project going? Any idea when you're releasing it?
    No, sorry, no release date yet as I'm still busy with the other projects I want to release first.
  • BenofAvalonBenofAvalon Member Posts: 7
    Just wanted to express my excitement and anticipation for this mod (in progress) :)

I've played the Baldur’s Gate series almost since release, and I cannot recall how many mods, I've installed over the years; and I’ve rarely been this excited about BG-related content :)

Looks really great so far, and I can’t wait to play it whenever it gets released. :)
    Just wanted to express my excitement and anticipation for this mod (in progress) :)
    I've played the Baldur’s Gate series almost since release, and I cannot recall how many mods, I've installed over the years; and I’ve rarely been this excited about BG-related content :)
    Looks really great so far, and I can’t wait to play it whenever it gets released. :)

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like what you've seen of the mod so far. I hope I won't disappoint you. :)
    I'm working very hard to finish the various mods I'm developing, and comments like yours always give me an extra push forward.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2023
    YOU CAN DO EET! -Rob Snyder
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 38
    Acifer wrote: »
    No, sorry, no release date yet as I'm still busy with the other projects I want to release first.

From your DeviantArt page, I assume that The Silverrealms Saga is one of those other projects? Any updates on that one? Apologies If I have stepped out of line for asking this question in the Skyfire thread.
    Yes, Silverrealms is one of the mods responsible for Skyfire not being finished yet. :)
    Silverrealms is currently being adjusted for the EE. My main project at the moment, however, is another mod that has not yet been announced and that I would like to finish next. This mod also needs to be adapted for the EE and I hope to release a first stable beta version for the first tests within the next weeks.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    Why does the backgrounds and water look so good compared to EE?
  • dunehunterdunehunter Member Posts: 10
    This looks great, looking forward to it :)
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    Why does the backgrounds and water look so good compared to EE?
    Thanks! I spent a very long time (several years) trying to find a way to make the backgrounds and the water look good. That is perhaps the reason.
    dunehunter wrote: »
    This looks great, looking forward to it :)
    Thank you!
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    Somebody at Beamdog should hire @Acifer to redo all maps for infinity engine.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    And make Skyfire official content.
  • Granger77Granger77 Member Posts: 14
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    Somebody at Beamdog should hire @Acifer to redo all maps for infinity engine.

Seriously!!

I will add my name to the list of peeps who think this mod looks awesome!
    Thank you all for the praise! :)
  • SpaceSignalSpaceSignal Member Posts: 5
    I recently finished the superb mod of yours, Dark Tidings. I am looking forward for your next masterpiece... Thank you!
    Thank you very much for your kind words! It greatly motivates me to finish the next mod as soon as possible. :)
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    Hi there Acifer. I have a little question that I didn't know where to ask. I have read about Silver Realm Mod that apparently you've been doing although I can't find any forum or infomation. Is such a project in the progress of making or has it been abandoned? Can't wait for Skyfire by the way :)
    No worries, Silverrealms is anything but abandoned. :)
    I'm in the process of finalizing several of my mods for the Enhanced Edition. It's a pity, but Skyfire still has to step back until I’ve finished these other projects. I plan to release a mod where you have to travel the Planes next, followed by a classic dungeon crawl. After that, it's either Silverrealms (which is mainly set in the Underdark) or Skyfire's time for release.
    I really appreciate your interest in my mods, thank you very much!
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    I'm excited! :smile:
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2023
    For quite a while, Skyfire and Silverrealms have been the sine qua non of my idealised "final" installation. The other two mods sound neat and are pure gravy as far as I'm concerned. And if the Artisan can release Goblin City in the same timeframe, jastey her bits and pieces for SoA, morpheus his mods for SoD and ToB, and Lava the next umpteen mods he will inevitably produce by then, well, that would be perfection. 2024 should be a vintage year, one hopes.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    megrimlock wrote: »
    For quite a while, Skyfire and Silverrealms have been the sine qua non of my idealised "final" installation. The other two mods sound neat and are pure gravy as far as I'm concerned. And if the Artisan can release Goblin City in the same timeframe, jastey her bits and pieces for SoA, morpheus his mods for SoD and ToB, and Lava the next umpteen mods he will inevitably produce by then, well, that would be perfection. 2024 should be a vintage year, one hopes.

My ToB work is getting all my focus at the moment. What I want to do with SoD is too far out to project (if it is even going to happen).
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    My ToB work is getting all my focus at the moment. What I want to do with SoD is too far out to project (if it is even going to happen).

It's the Crucible I was most excited by the idea of. The SoD stuff sounded neat too, but if that doesn't happen, I can live with that.

• SourSour Member Posts: 82
    I don't know how this slipped under my radar but I just wanted to say it looks incredible and gives me hope for the future of Baldur's Gate modding. The art backdrops look like an established game studio made them. I'm wishing you the best of luck on your future project releases.
    Thank you very much, I'm very glad to read that!
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited February 1
    What can you tell us about Silver Realms if I may ask? I tried to look up that project, but I can't find any project page or site for it.

Also should we expect Skyfire this year or is that a long ways out still?

Also your work is amazing @Acifer, I never thought I see the day we would see original landscape artwork for these old games.

I think many years ago there was another fella that tried update the old BG maps, but I cannot remember his name at the moment.
    Thank you very much for the kind words!
    Silverrealms does not have a project page yet. It's a mod that is mainly set in the Underdark (but has no relation to the previous Underdark regions of the main game). It's centered around dwarves, as rumor has it there used to be an ancient, extensive dwarven realm beneath the Lands of Intrigue... :)
    I'm still stuck on another mod that I want to release soon before I move back to Skyfire and Silverrealms, but as soon as I'm happy with that mod I can put all my focus on my two largest mods again.
  • Nymrod85Nymrod85 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 4
    Isn't Xothaerin under Amn? Or are you moving to the easternmost area and doing Torglor? You are calling it Silverrealms and Torglor was the Silver Kingdom.
    A good catch! Yes, Xothaerin and Torglor will be featured in the mod, as well as some other subkingdoms farther south.