Skip to content

[Mod in progress] Skyfire – Modification for Baldur’s Gate II

12346»

Comments

• AciferAcifer Member Posts: 180
    Thank you for your interest in my mods!
    The next mod I plan to release is "Throne of the Mad God", a dungeon crawl that will set the stage for my dwarven mod "Silverrealms", which I will release after that. Silverrealms will be the most extensive of all, twice as big as "Call of the lost goddess" when it comes to areas.
    Skyfire will follow. After that, it is time for "Loretakers 2".
    It's kind of crazy that Skyfire is being released so late now, when I announced it first. But at the moment it's easier for me to finish the other mods first.
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 138
    Acifer you are a beast. Both you and Lava are working on mods like crazy. All that we regular non coding mortals can do is watch in amazement at your work. That I only have half the programing knowledge you guys have I'd be right up there pumping quests and stories all over Faerun
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 57
    Acifer wrote: »
    Thank you for your interest in my mods!
    The next mod I plan to release is "Throne of the Mad God", a dungeon crawl that will set the stage for my dwarven mod "Silverrealms", which I will release after that. Silverrealms will be the most extensive of all, twice as big as "Call of the lost goddess" when it comes to areas.
    Skyfire will follow. After that, it is time for "Loretakers 2".
    It's kind of crazy that Skyfire is being released so late now, when I announced it first. But at the moment it's easier for me to finish the other mods first.

Thank you for your answer. Any idea when will Throne of Mad God be released? And the rest of the mods? Is it going to be anytime this year or 2025? When would you estimate it's release date?
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 49
    Duron wrote: »
    Acifer you are a beast. Both you and Lava are working on mods like crazy.

Amazingly, acifer appears to be on a release spree for a bunch of mods he has been cultivating for a couple of decades!

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 552
    I'm actually curious about this. How do you manage to be so insanely productive? Have you really been saving up all that work for decades, or has it all been a recent snowball of development?

Loretakers especially looks so very promising! I've always loved the Grand Illithid Conspiracy theory ever since it has first been elaborated somewhere in these forums.
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 180
    edited June 15
    Thank you all for your kind words!
    Isewein wrote: »
    I'm actually curious about this. How do you manage to be so insanely productive? Have you really been saving up all that work for decades, or has it all been a recent snowball of development?

The origin of all my mods dates back a very long time.

I started with "Call of the Lost Goddess" in 2003. I had read the adventure "For Duty And Deity" and knew that I wanted to turn it into a mod for BG2. I had no idea about graphic design at the time, so I started learning everything myself. I had to experiment a lot until I knew how things worked and what tools to use. BG modding was also a challenge, as I knew just as little about programming. There were hardly any tutorials and you had to know how to help yourself if you ran into problems. The "Goldspires" area, for example, is from 2006.
    I started "Dark Tidings" around 2005, and "Skyfire" around 2007, as I had created some areas while working on CotLG that had a strong connection to the Inner Planes, which I wanted to turn into a stand-alone mod. I began working on "Silverrealms", my biggest mod, in 2013.

Why so many different mods? When I got stuck with a mod at a certain point, I would work on something else. There were many things I couldn't solve - not making progress with the graphics or not coming up with a good story idea, for example.
    Later, I would come back to that mod. So all the mods evolved more or less simultaneously and have reached a similar stage of development - they are all "almost finished".

The most recent stuff I created were the area graphics for "Bloodied Stings of Barovia" in spring last year and "Crucible" in fall / winter 2023/2024.

I would like to emphasize that a big reason for my current productivity is @LavaDelVortel , as he has been supporting me for over a year to finally finish my mods. He takes the time to check / review these mods, creates items, contributes own ideas and suggestions, or even writes missing pieces of the story, as he did with Loretakers. I suppose you could consider him a producer who keeps track of how everything fits together after such a long development process.
    Alongside everyone else who has done their part to ensure that the mods are finally completed, of course! They all deserve a huge thank you for that!

Mapek wrote: »
    Any idea when will Throne of Mad God be released? And the rest of the mods? Is it going to be anytime this year or 2025? When would you estimate it's release date?
    I honestly don't know. For two days now I've been working on Silverrealms again and preparing the ingame movies for BG2EE, because I'm stuck again in "Throne of the Mad God". In any case, I will release TotMG this year, hopefully Silverrealms as well and Skyfire in 2025.
    Isewein wrote: »
    Loretakers especially looks so very promising! I've always loved the Grand Illithid Conspiracy theory ever since it has first been elaborated somewhere in these forums.
    Yes! The mod had been waiting for years until I was able to answer the big "why do they do this?". But now, everything fits so well with the Bhaalspawn saga and is canon!
    Here, too, it was Lava who pushed forward and made the mod ready for release. I asked him in March if he wanted to take a look at the mod, and he wrote an incredible amount of content for it.
    I'm really looking forward to releasing the next parts!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,818
    Oh, that's so nice you give me such credit and think of me so fondly, thank you!

I believe Acifer is offering stuff I myself would never be able to offer and he's doing some amazing work. And as for The Bloodied Stings of Barovia -- I consider it my best mod ever and that wouldn't happen without Acifer, his support, patience, time and skills, and I am very grateful that he decided to spend so much time on helping me with that mod. Thanks again, Acifer. It probably wouldn't happen without you.

Cheers!
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 49
    Dream Team.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 280
    Without Acifer, Crucible wouldn't exist. Huge thanks!
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,383
    Goes to show how amazing mods we can get, when the community works together (no disrespect meant).

I hope for even more amazing collabs, and hope us users can provide solid feedback and support you with some cheering.
  • Nymrod85Nymrod85 Member Posts: 4
    At this point, Hasbro should hire Acifer and give him a team for BG4