Skip to content

Rasaad Inescapable Dialogue Loop

InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
edited January 2013 in Fixed
(Possible slight spoiler)

So I recruited Rasaad in Nashkel and he's been in the party for a little while - time enough to strike up a single conversation about his past, anyway. I'm fast traveling to a different area and upon arrival (I'm assuming these are timed dialogue events), approaches me to talk again. There is only one option however - a dismissive "we'll talk later" or something like that. Doing so closes the conversation, however immediately afterward, he actives the same window. He says "How may I enlighten you", followed by that one exit option. This repeats ad infinitum, and can only be halted momentarily by entering combat.

Broken script?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• ktrainer2885ktrainer2885 Member Posts: 3
    Right aftre I rescued Dyahnier. When i leave the area, the next area (I get waylaid by enemies). Rasaad constantly talks to me. This is just like noober, but he wont stop and there is no meaninful dialouge. He continues to do this after moving to another are as well. (Nashkel)

The game is completly unplayable on that save now.

Anyone heard of or know a fix?

Current Party

Me
    Imoen
    Rasaad
    Jahira
    Misnc
    Dyahnier

Kahlid( I let him die and kicked him out for Dyahnier)
  • Whitewind617Whitewind617 Member Posts: 9
    Well I know it's no solution, but can you remove him from the party? It will at least stop him I'm assuming. Maybe adding him back into the party will fix it.
    No he keeps talking after I boot him. He keeps asking If I want him back. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
    kill him! muahahaha
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    I've noticed this as well. It seems to happen to me after a certain amount of time in game has passed. Around 10 days 13 hours is when he goes haywire.

If I kick him out of the party he says something about the moons waxing and waning and then wanders off. I don't know where he goes after that. This is the type of thing that should've been noticed during beta testing.
  • geckzillageckzilla Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I can't play my game anymore because I need to rest and as soon as resting is uninterrupted, Rasaad's party banter screen pops up and he asks "How may I enlighten you?" and the only response is that's enough reminiscing. I click it, but he just repeats himself over and over...

Edit: Ended up reforming the party minus Rasaad. Couldn't figure out any way to keep him.
    Post edited by Balquo on
    edited November 2012
    So when I leave the area it is at 10 Days and 7 hours. When I get to another area I'm usually in day 11 and Rasaad goes haywire.

thanks for noticing that. I hope it helps the bug hunting.
    I've also discovered, upon further testing that even a full tenday later (by spam resting at an inn) he still continues this. Obviously something in his script requiring a certain amount of time to pass is messed up. I also managed to crash the whole game and screw up the music in the nashkel inn, but that's probably not related.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    I'm seeing the same bug. No idea how to fix it - the only solution I've found for now is to remove him from the party :(. I'm playing on Windows Vista, if that helps anyone.

(I think I may actually go roll up a few new characters rather than keep going with this bugged one for now - I'm planning for this PC to romance him, and I don't want to get too far into the game without him in the party.)
  • geckzillageckzilla Member Posts: 1
    Good grief, even if you remove him from your party when he bugs out, as soon as you return to Nashkel his dialogue asking if you want him back in the party reappears--no matter how far away you are from him on the map.
    I have discovered that if you kick him out from a different map and then return to nashkel he has new story-related things to say, but afterward he automatically acts as if I kicked him out of the party, and then immediately asks to join the party again. There is no way around this that I've found.
  • AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    Yes there's a bug where he constantly initiates dialogue with you. This only seemed to occur when I was in Naskel and rested or resurrected him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • slemmahslemmah Member Posts: 1
    As Ramza said but also: when Rasaad is kicked out of the party the rejoin dialogue is initiated even when on different maps than Nashkel. This is a game-killer as I find I cannot just work around it.
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2012
    I had Rasaad join my group then released him. After leaving and coming back to Nashkel he now asks me to rejoin on a loop every 3 seconds. I tried loading an earlier save and he still does it.

The game is now broken, it is impossible to play like this. Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks
    Post edited by MikePXP on
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'm going to assume that he only asks you if you're in Nashkel?
    edited November 2012
    Nashkel triggers it but once it starts it stays with me anywhere I go until I reload the game.

*Edit
    The first time it happened while being waylaid in route to nashkel from gnoll stronghold, I hadn't even reached Nashkel yet and it happened no matter where I went after that.

After exiting the game and reloading, now it only happens when I enter Nashkel and stops once I leave.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Fixing this from our end might not fix your save file. If you want to keep playing from that point you can try enabling cheats and kill him (CTRL + Y) to see if that stops the dialog.
  • droksddroksd Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I got a similar situation with Rasaad, When having in my group i go to the gnoll stronghold, where he goes into a dialoge loop.

Edit. It seems like the problem happens when i leave the area before that, and i get it no mate where i go
    Killing him stops his dialogue loop (or at least in my case it did). However if you revive him at a temple he starts right back up again.

On the other hand his boots can be sold for 12500 gold. Just saying.
    ok, I killed him and now I can continue. I didn't even consider doing that but at least now I don't have to start over.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    @geckzilla In the next update, the frequency of the npc's pestering the player will be substantially reduced.
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    edited November 2012
    Recruited Rasaad into my party ASAP. Wandered around a bit, butt-kicking for goodness, reached level 3 with everybody, and tried to enter the Gnoll Stronghold. But once I entered, Rasaad kept trying to have a conversation with me and would not stop. There was no option to continue the conversation. I tried resting, reloading, removing him from the party, everything. When I remove him from the party, he returns to Nashkel and incessantly bugs me about rejoining my party when i enter the map. Anybody else have this issue?
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
    You have to murder him unfortunately.
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    I got rassad chatty bug but I seem to somehow have overcome it. I explain so maybe someone can deduce how to fix it : He first started loop-chatting at the FAI so I killed him and, wanting to try having Branwen cast Silence on him (pretty sure wouldn't have worked) continued questing, I got in an half-orcish ambush and then, having leveled went to resurect rassad at Nashkel temple to try and silence him. When i raised him he gave me his first banter about how he became a sun soul monk etc and to my surprise didn't try to chat immidiatly again, seemingly having been cured of his chatty illness
  • PsychoblondePsychoblonde Member Posts: 14
    I'm having this identical problem--I rested at the Gnoll Stronghold, he told me about Algoroth, then began the "how may I enlighten you" dialog loop. It's like he's transformed into Noober.
  • KaizerPeachesKaizerPeaches Member Posts: 3
    Also experiencing this bug.
  • MorteluneMortelune Member Posts: 3
    Me too
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Does anyone have a savegame they can get us with the join loop bug? I've not been able to repro it so far.
    I have since overwrote my saves. I can tell you that it trigged after I recruited him then soon after removed him from the party. I then went to Gnome Stronghold to get Dynaheir. From there I fast traveled back to Nashkel and thats when it triggered. A couple people have mentioned going to Gnome Stronghold and having the problem when returning to Nashkel.