Skip to content

Rasaad Inescapable Dialogue Loop

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @KeithS Just so he sees your reply.
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    Really? Well that's depressing. I was looking forward to gearing him up to actually be acceptable.
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54
    There is a thread about it in the bug section. I think they will fix it soon as it makes him useless in the game for what seems like quite a few people.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    What happens if you kill him and resurrect him? Does the nagging stop?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited November 2012
    Good question. Let me try it real fast.
    He is back and just as obnoxious as before I stabbed him.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    edited November 2012
    No worries, he'll be less chatty in the patch. Still working on the rejoin part of the bug, though.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    I have the same bug.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Merged the bug reports.
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    @KeithS
    Here's my save with Rasaad loop http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/lpsKEtQd
    @Queynos Much appreciated. Looking at it now.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Merged reports
    Alright, got it. It was actually attempting to trigger Rasaad's romance, but getting stuck on the enlightenment part of the dialog. Made the fix so this won't happen in the next patch.
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2012
    Also weighing in as affected by this bug. I originally accepted him into the group, then booted him intending to pick him up after the mines. Now he continues to join and leave my party. Luckily I didn't save yet!

EDIT: Apparently saying No to his rejoin dialogue stopped the loop, for me, but I still can't have him in my party for more then a couple of seconds at a time. Ah, well.
  • themollymonthemollymon Member Posts: 1
    As soon as I enter Naskal Rasaad will repeatedly ask me if I'm there to ask him to join my party again. I'm not anywhere near him so I would expect him to not talk to me, and certainly not more than once!

(Hope this is a sufficient bug report...)
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Don't just tell what the bug is, post a save game with the bug occurring.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    Hooray! Now all we need is an ETA on the first patch ...
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    Hit this bug as well just inside the Bandit Camp map. Good lord, man! Every monster and mercenary is going to hear you trying to enlighten me! SHADDAP! :P
  • AngevonAngevon Member Posts: 2
    I encountered this issue in a different situation: if you kick him out of the party, he leaves the current map. That's fine, but as soon as you return to Nashkel, he immediately asks to rejoin -- even though he is not in my character's sight -- and when you tell him no, he repeats the rejoin conversation over and over again as described above.
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    Glad I'm not the only one having issues with him; haven't encountered problems with any other party members so far.
  • topagaetopagae Member Posts: 1
    Well there goes 5-6 hours out the door. One of the biggest features is 100% broken X_X. I waited an extra month for this.
    Yeah it's a damn shame. I'm gonna have to either try to kick him out of the party or kill him to be able to continue on if there's no possible fix.
  • AnhoraAnhora Member Posts: 22
    Angevon said:

I encountered this issue in a different situation: if you kick him out of the party, he leaves the current map. That's fine, but as soon as you return to Nashkel, he immediately asks to rejoin -- even though he is not in my character's sight -- and when you tell him no, he repeats the rejoin conversation over and over again as described above.

I have this issue just with the dwarve Kagain. Who i kicked from my party in Nashkel. Now he ask me to join my party all the time, if my party stays within Nashkel. And he dont stop. He aks everytime he got in meleecombat range of any partymember. Have to avoid him and run or might have to kill him. :D
    edited November 2012
    Just tried removing him from the party, issue persisted as
    Angevon said:

Even after managing to travel to a separate zone (Carnival from Nashkel), his dialogue STILL automatically pops up (transferring vision from one area to the other).
  • AkiliAkili Member Posts: 2
    I've been having the same problem with Rasaad and came in here to see if anyone knew how to fix it. At the moment he's dead someplace because he was getting more annoying than Noober.
  • KaizerPeachesKaizerPeaches Member Posts: 3
    There's no fix to be had at the immediate moment. The issue has been addressed in the next patch though.

There's no fix to be had at the immediate moment. The issue has been addressed in the next patch though.

Good to know, thanks for the info.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    Further data: the problem seems to have resolved itself in my game!

After dropping chatty Rasaad off in Nashkel, I went and finished the quest in the Nashkel mines. When I came back to Nashkel Rasaad was spamming his joining dialogue. After I let him join the party (with every intention of killing him and stealing his boots) he triggered dialogue again, but this time it wasn't empty. After we completed that conversation he FINALLY SHUT UP, HALLELUJAH. Fingers crossed the problem doesn't recur next time he wants to talk.