Skip to content

Rasaad Inescapable Dialogue Loop

Comments

• corvorosso610corvorosso610 Member Posts: 143
    I have the same bug
  • TikarTikar Member Posts: 5
    When I invite Rasaad into my party, he joines, than he imidiedly leaves, than he goes to the Naskhel inn direction, than he reappears in front of the audience (3 people) and he initiates conversation with me again.

When I came to Nashkel first time, I invited him and released him right afterwards. Now when I want to invite him again and do his quests, this bug is happpening.
  • onelasttryonelasttry Member Posts: 3
    todays patch fixed the problem for me. Much appreciated! Finally I can go back to squashing kobolds...
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    I can confirm that it has been fixed.
  • rocketman9000rocketman9000 Member Posts: 2
    After completing the knoll stronghold and resting, Rassad has started initiating conversation repeatedly, not unlike Noober. The only dialogue option I get is "Now is not a good time to talk". But he repeatedly initiates the conversation infinitely, and nothing I do stops him. I've kicked him out of the party, and he just begins the "Would you like me to rejoin" dialogue over and over again... Even when none of your characters are even in the same zone! This makes the game utterly unplayable!

Any ideas on how to unbug his AI?
    Well, I mean that even zoning does not stop him from doing it when you return. As it is, I can't enter Nashkel without being harassed by him. I can't even enter buildings in Nashkel to escape him. He'll just re-initiate conversation with nobody in particular from outside.
    update: after further experimentation, this glitch seems to be time-based. After a certain number of days he starts doing it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I'm still having the try to join up with him bug, where he immidiately leaves, repops in haskel and asks to join you again. Did you already have a save for that particular problem?
  • xenophobexenophobe Member Posts: 1
    Requested Rasaad leave the party so Dynaheir can join after rescue.

Now every time we enter Nashkel Rasaad initiates a "Have you come to welcome me back to the party" conversation evey 2 to 5 seconds no matter where on the screen (even in buildings) which makes the location unsusable.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This bug was already registered.
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Member Posts: 3
    Make sure you get the patch that came out yesterday, it fixed this problem. (If you're using the Beamdog client, exit the game, exit the client, and restart the client if it's not showing the patch. If you're using the standalone installer... I don't know.)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Another Rasaad bug I saw.

[BUG] I recruited him, looted his boots and kicked him out. He then cloned himself. One clone ran into the inn, the other stayed in his original place.

[EXPECTED] Rasaad does't clone himself and either remains in place or goes into the inn - not both.
  • VarkirielVarkiriel Member Posts: 3
    Party: imoen, jaheira, khalid, Neera, Minsc

So when I got to Nashkel, I picked up Rasaad, but then realised I wanted Minsc, so would have to go pickup Dynaheir, so reformed my party and got rid of Rasaad and got Minsc. Pootled off to the gnoll sronghold and got Dynaheir. Then sent her into an Inn and then reformed the party so she couldn't talk to me so I could keep Minsc. Then went and talked to Rasaad again, but immediately, I got the conversation that he was leaving the party, it then went into a loop of talking to me, me accepting & him leaving.
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    Just kill Dynaheir and keep Mincs that way ;)
  • VarkirielVarkiriel Member Posts: 3
    Yup, just have a reluctance to kill party members off as it's so final, but would much rather try out Neera than Dynaheir
  • CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2012
    Most buggued game I've ever seen. Even out of Nashkel, Rasaad keeps begging me to take him back, with a sight on the previous map when he talks. I can't play any more, I'm stuck. I stop until the first fix patch of BG:EE.
  • TyheerTyheer Member Posts: 0
    After trying to re-incorporate him into the party (after dropping him for Minsc), Rasaad will not rejoin the party when approached again. In fact, he becomes stuck in kind of an endless loop of dialogue and animation (wishing you well then walking away -- as if, in actuality, you were eliminating him from the party instead of asking him to join it -- over and over again). Only when you decline his offer of help does the cycle break.

Apologies if this has been posted before.
  • GrievanceGrievance Member Posts: 13
    i too am having this problem. My current party makeup is my charname/pally, imoen, minsc and dyn, viconia. At first thought it might be because viconia is evil. But it seems like a bug.
    Yeah i think it is a bug. looking on forums and general internet I have seen several mentions.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    edited December 2012
    Behavior: On having Rasaad rejoin party, Rasaad auto-intiates dialogue giving his "party-leaving speech" and exits the screen, only to magically reappear and initiate dialogue to join again.

Expected Behavior: That... doesn't... happen
    Post edited by Balquo on
    edited December 2012
    I am having this as well, he was not in my party when I went to the gnoll stronghold. But afterwards I wanted to try him for a while so i went to recruit him and after asking him to join he immediately leaves and gets stuck in a loop of asking to rejoin, if i say yes it keep looping. I have to say no to break it. Luckily I can say no and continue on my own but I would really like to try him in the party and do his quests. I can send save game if needed. Patch fixed nothing for me. But I also didn't even notice it till after the patch.
    Having this as well.
    Still having this issue on my game with and yes it is a patched version.
  • EphantEphant Member Posts: 19
    Extactly the same problem as above... I thought the patch from few days ago was supposed to fix Rasaad bugs :/ took him into the party for a bit of wandering around Nashkel, kicked him out to move Branwen closer to the inn and when I try to take him back, he just loops party removal dialogue until I say "no".
  • T0pelT0pel Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Hello, Rasaad yn Bashir seems to be bugged in my game. When I first met him he joined my party, after a while a removed him and he went back in front of Nashkel tavern.
    Now I want him to join again but everytime he joins my party he immediately starts his leaving dialog and is removed from the party.. Then he goes inside the tavern and right after that he spawns in front of it again, approches me and wants to join me again, and this happens again and again until I tell him I dont want him to join me, in which case he just stays where he was..
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    This happened to me as well. I think I posted in another thread about it too.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    What is your reputation? If it is below 7, then i guess that is the reason. Of course he shouldn't go into a loop.
  • T0pelT0pel Member Posts: 8
    Nope it is 20.