Skip to content

Rasaad Inescapable Dialogue Loop

Comments

• KyuuKyuu Member Posts: 8
    Having this exact same issue as well. Reputation is 13 and Charisma is 18, so reaction shouldn't be an issue.
  • beo01beo01 Member Posts: 7
    I dismissed Rasaad just after getting him in the party, he left going through the nearby inn then rejoined his initial nearby spot where he was 1st encountered. When I wanted him to join again, he got stuck in a loop where he joined and left the party right away. The loop played at least 5 times so I left the map. Now he is nowhere to be found.
    Maybe also provide an option for all the npc to go to the friendly arm inn when leaving the party.
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    edited December 2012
    There is an extrange loop after firing Rassad from the party.

The next time I speak with him to take him back to my party, he left the group in a few seconds and he returns to his place in Nashkel, near the tavern. When he sees me, he wants to back to my party, and here is the loop. In a few seconds, he is out again.

So, I cant get Rassad into my party :(
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GoblinNoMore82GoblinNoMore82 Member Posts: 4
    Same happened when I tried to add him to my party as well. Too bad, I really wanted to test him out!
  • EphantEphant Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2012
    Ok, found a solution, at least it works for me :P pause asap you have him, save, reload - he initiates a dialogue, (choose "tell me about childood", then "what are you doing in Nashkel", otherwise you'll get the same answer twice), it actually feels like three dialogues one after another; afterwards all seems to be working ok, no dialogue loops.
  • WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    Same issue, up to date.
  • millerv2millerv2 Member Posts: 1
    Same issue. I just picked him up in Nashkel and he keeps leaving the party then asking to rejoin over and over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zetax1zetax1 Member Posts: 1
    if rasaad go in loop and continue to go out of your party try this: re-invite Rasaad, immediately save the game (save before rasaad can talk to you and go in loop ...) now load the game... some time it fix the bug
    krokyk
  • billybob99billybob99 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue as well.
  • billybob99billybob99 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same Rasaad dialogue loop bug. I can't get him to join my party!
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Odd bug. I ditched Rasaad for exactly the same reason, got rid of Dynaheir in exactly the same way to keep Minsc and had no trouble getting him back in again.

The only thing I did differently is remove him from party at the gnoll stronghold when adding Dyna to party. He walked back to Nashkel on his own and was able to get him again there no problem. Probably doesnt help you at all though unless you have a save prior to getting rid of him.
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    You could try activating the console and force adding him to your group. Alternatively Ctrl-Y kill him and then respawning him might work.
    Awong124
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited December 2012
    I had the same bug. Killing him then ressing him worked for me.
  • PasidiousPasidious Member Posts: 8
    I also have this problem, but unlike awong124 I've had no luck resing my way out of the problem. Does anyone have information as to if or when the support team might fix this problem?
  • RazputinRazputin Member Posts: 2
    I'm having this same issue as well. For a week now.

Hello Developers, is there any way to help speed up the resolution of this bug? E.g., do you need a Save file to debug it?
  • DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    The bug has been fixed but you may have to start a new game if you've already visited Nashkel.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RazputinRazputin Member Posts: 2
    Great to hear it's been fixed. Any chance that I don't have to start a new game to benefit from that? I'm in chapter 4 and have put in more than 20h so far into the game. I'd really like to do the Rasaad-specific quests but I'm not starting a new game just for that.

Maybe there's a nifty console command that sets a certain variable differently (to reset Rasaad)?
  • DilidorDilidor Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    I dumped Rasaad for a while, then tried to get him back into the party. He says, "Have you come to invite me back into your company?" I answer, "Sure." He joins party. Instantly, another dialog comes up with some drivel about waxing and waning moons, he leaves party, walks into Nashkell Inn, reappears, asks if I'm inviting him again..... and repeat infinitely. It makes an entertaining dance for a few moments, but nothing I do will keep him in the party. Just an endless loop of join and leave, join and leave.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • LennisLennis Member Posts: 34
    I guess there is no way to fix Rasaad in an existing save file, then? That's... really disappointing.
    Ephant said:

Ok, found a solution, at least it works for me :P pause asap you have him, save, reload - he initiates a dialogue, (choose "tell me about childood", then "what are you doing in Nashkel", otherwise you'll get the same answer twice), it actually feels like three dialogues one after another; afterwards all seems to be working ok, no dialogue loops.

Ephant's suggestion worked. I do not know if that solves everything Rasaad related. I'll have to see how things progress in the coming days.
    I purchased the game on December 15--yesterday--and I would assume that the version I downloaded included the latest patch to fix this problem. If not... well, it SHOULD have. But where can I download the patch that will fix it? I don't want to keep playing if I'm going to have to start a new game to get Rasaad to rejoin the party.
    Ok, I just made a discovery. I had Rasaad in the party when I encountered Dorn on my way to the Nashkell Mines. I dumped Rasaad at that time, and subsequently he was unable to rejoin the party. I reloaded the save prior to the encounter with Dorn, dumped Rasaad, then was able to get him to rejoin the party. So there is still a remaining bug on this character connected with WHERE he gets dumped from the party.
    edited December 2012
    I also made a discovery, thanks to a poster named Ephant in the other thread, and DiscoCat's posting in this one.

Apparently the Rassad joining bug HAS been fixed, but that is not reflected in a save file in which you have already been to Nashkel. To break the bug in an existing save file, you need to have him join and then IMMEDIATELY pause the game and save it. Quit the game and then reload the save. Rassad will approach you but will not leave the party. Instead of his all-too-familiar departure speech, he will begin talking about his past and a few dialogue options will be open to you. This effectively breaks the Rassad joining bug, and things should progress normally. It should be noted that I did this AFTER I rescued Dynaheir and BEFORE going to the Nashkel mines, just in case that is relevant. (I don't know if killing her instead would impact the joining bug, but having an evil party would seem to defeat the purpose of recruiting Rassad in the first place.)

My party at the time I recruited him back into the group was: Me, Khalid, Jaheira, Imoen, and Neera.

Ephant said:

An update to the Rassad dialogue issue: I've been playing the game normally and decided to do the Adoy's Enclave quest with Neera. Rassad died in the battle with the Red Wizards. I brought him back to Nashkel to be resurrected, and when he came back to life he repeated his childhood story from before. While this has not produced any other side-effects so far, I wonder if it might create issues with his quest progression. I have not yet gotten his quest line. Is it possible that his death reset his dialogue timer and I must wait that much longer for his quest to trigger?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Current behavior: If you remove Rasaad from the Party and then re-recruit him, initiating dialogue with him causes him to say his leaving dialogue and leave the party (and go to Nashkel). I haven't played far enough to know if this affects his quest or not, but I am guessing it would.

Expected behavior: Rasaad should have the correct dialogue when the player initiates dialogue.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
  • VorkonVorkon Member Posts: 3
    I'm running into a weird little bug.

Back when I first met Rasaad, I finished the dialogue with him and let him join my party, but when I got to the "reform party" screen I told him to leave, because I wasn't ready for him just yet. At that point, he behaved a little weirdly; He walked into the inn, and then just kind of teleported back to his starting position by the crown of commoners. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

I recently tried to get him to join up again, and as soon as I said "sure" he repeated the behavior from before (walking into the inn and then teleporting back to his starting position) and then as soon as he teleported back, he initiates his "I hope we can work together again someday" dialogue, which I have no way to cancel, leaves the party, and initiates the "do you want me to join again" dialogue once more. If I select "sure" he just keeps on doing this in a loop, until I tell him I don't want him to join again.

I'm not TOO concerned about this, as I don't really care much if he joins anyway (I've got three arcane spellcasters in the party, so non-armor protective equipment is spread pretty thin. I was only trying to get him to join long enough to see his questline, and was going to have him tag along with me and Imoen while I grind her back up to where she can use her thief abilities again after her dual-class to get him back up to a decent level) but I WOULD kind of like to see his questline, so if anyone has seen this bug before, and has any idea what can be done about it, please let me know!

(One little note that might help: I went back and loaded my save from right before I first met him, and if I repeat the same behavior [telling him he can join and then immediately kicking him out] he DOES repeat that "walk into the inn and teleport back" behavior, but unlike in my current save, if I try to get him to rejoin he DOESN'T go into that crazy loop.)