Skip to content

[BG2:EE2.5.16.6] [Android 11] Mod Request: I want to install the UI.MENU from EEUITWEAKS-4.0.2 only

Comments

• AgerioAgerio Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2023
    Agerio wrote: »
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @ExplanatoryPotato, great that it works. Not sure why X-Plore is doing that but you could try the 'IT Crowd' fix, turn your device off and on again. If that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling the app.

With regard to the XP, the button should work. Make sure that you have your PC or whoever you want the XP added to selected first before trying to give the XP. Just tried it on my device without any probs.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Hello again! @Gusinda , sorry for bothering you again but I followed your instructions regarding x-plore, but it doesn't work either, it still doesn't show me the contents of the data file, and idk if this is possible but can the Ascension mod be in bg2:EE in Android?
    And also, are there any mods that improve AI overall (making use of their special abilities more and using alot more spells without me doing it myself, and overall smarter AI, for both companions and enemies.)
    Thanks in advance!

Ascension should work on Android in fact any mods barring exe dependent ones will work just fine. As for Ai mods I think SCS is what you're looking for here's the link https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/scs/

SCS makes the enemy AI smart as hell yes, but not my own companions, though I already have that covered with AI scripts beforehand, and I already have SCS and ascension in my download files.
    Just trying to confirm if it CAN work.
    Though, funnily enough, AS MY ONLY ISSUE in installing mods and such, is that I CAN'T ACCESS MY BALDUR'S GATE 2 DATA FILE SINCE IT DOESN'T LET ME SEE WHAT'S THE CONTENTS INSIDE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Though I'm about to try total commander (on play store, a file manager) to try and solve this issue myself, wish me luck.
    Still waiting for @Gusinda for the response :(.

that won't work I fear because of the added restrictions of your lenovo device....I suggest you place your modded files on obb Instead of data since it's the least restrictive part of the Android directory and read up on this https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1190312/#Comment_1190312 if you wanna make changes in the baldur.lua file.

Hello again @Agerio , I kinda have like barely any experience in modding (LITERALLY 0 on mobile modding), and I want to install the entirety of the Ascension mod into BG2:EE and also some AI scripts that I mentioned earlier.
    Yeah I need help :(

Can you copy successfully the two obb files outside the Android directory?, If soo then try reading the linked post. Let me know if you have encountered obstacles. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1182971/#Comment_1182971

@Agerio , so far I was done giving terminux access to my internal files or something, I don't quite understand what to do next, do I extract the weidu+centralfix file or something? And when I try to download the installer.sh thing, it immediately requests me to open it with terminux.

Basically he says that you should copy both the installer.sh and weidu+centralfix to your download folder, open termux, paste this command "cp storage/downloads/{installer.sh,weidu+centralfix.zip} . && chmod +x installer.sh" without the quotes then you run installer.sh by inputting "./installer.sh" again without quotes. and if you type weidu, it's help section should show up.

Yes @Agerio , but the only thing in confused about is that whenever I "download" the installer.sh, it makes me open it with terminux and does this:

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

Any advice about this @Agerio ?

Don't open it that way just make sure the installer.sh file is in the download folder and it should be like this.7z7b7dpwswjh.jpg

So all I have to do is have both the weidu+centralfix.zip and installer.sh in the downloads folder? I don't have to extract anything right? (Just asking), and after that I just type in the command and I'm done?

Okay @Agerio I figured that one out, but after putting in the commands, what do I do next? (I'm assuming I should follow gusinda's instruction which was also linked to that comment)
    How do I put mods in after doing that tho?

I apologize for the late response I'm busy with work atm. but Yes, you should follow gusinda's instructions for the modding environment. And for weidu, you just place the mod folder of your choice to the mod enviro folder and input let say "cd /storage/emulated/0/documents/bg2ee" soo that weidu can detect the mod enviro folder then input either the mod folder name inside it's package example "weinstall ascension". When you're satisfied with the mods that you have installed then you can transfer the relevant mod enviro files like the override to the data folder. but just a warning, unless you managed to place files on the obb without tanos snapping it, Try avoiding mods that tampers with chitin.key because the game won't detect those on the data directory. 89himvh9352w.jpg
    dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg
  • ExplanatoryPotatoExplanatoryPotato Member Posts: 123
    Hi @ExplanatoryPotato, great that it works. Not sure why X-Plore is doing that but you could try the 'IT Crowd' fix, turn your device off and on again. If that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling the app.

With regard to the XP, the button should work. Make sure that you have your PC or whoever you want the XP added to selected first before trying to give the XP. Just tried it on my device without any probs.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Hello again! @Gusinda , sorry for bothering you again but I followed your instructions regarding x-plore, but it doesn't work either, it still doesn't show me the contents of the data file, and idk if this is possible but can the Ascension mod be in bg2:EE in Android?
    And also, are there any mods that improve AI overall (making use of their special abilities more and using alot more spells without me doing it myself, and overall smarter AI, for both companions and enemies.)
    Thanks in advance!

Ascension should work on Android in fact any mods barring exe dependent ones will work just fine. As for Ai mods I think SCS is what you're looking for here's the link https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/scs/

SCS makes the enemy AI smart as hell yes, but not my own companions, though I already have that covered with AI scripts beforehand, and I already have SCS and ascension in my download files.
    Though, funnily enough, AS MY ONLY ISSUE in installing mods and such, is that I CAN'T ACCESS MY BALDUR'S GATE 2 DATA FILE SINCE IT DOESN'T LET ME SEE WHAT'S THE CONTENTS INSIDE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Though I'm about to try total commander (on play store, a file manager) to try and solve this issue myself, wish me luck.

that won't work I fear because of the added restrictions of your lenovo device....I suggest you place your modded files on obb Instead of data since it's the least restrictive part of the Android directory and read up on this https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1190312/#Comment_1190312 if you wanna make changes in the baldur.lua file.

Hello again @Agerio , I kinda have like barely any experience in modding (LITERALLY 0 on mobile modding), and I want to install the entirety of the Ascension mod into BG2:EE and also some AI scripts that I mentioned earlier.

Can you copy successfully the two obb files outside the Android directory?, If soo then try reading the linked post. Let me know if you have encountered obstacles. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1182971/#Comment_1182971

@Agerio , so far I was done giving terminux access to my internal files or something, I don't quite understand what to do next, do I extract the weidu+centralfix file or something? And when I try to download the installer.sh thing, it immediately requests me to open it with terminux.

Basically he says that you should copy both the installer.sh and weidu+centralfix to your download folder, open termux, paste this command "cp storage/downloads/{installer.sh,weidu+centralfix.zip} . && chmod +x installer.sh" without the quotes then you run installer.sh by inputting "./installer.sh" again without quotes. and if you type weidu, it's help section should show up.

Yes @Agerio , but the only thing in confused about is that whenever I "download" the installer.sh, it makes me open it with terminux and does this:

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

Don't open it that way just make sure the installer.sh file is in the download folder and it should be like this.7z7b7dpwswjh.jpg

So all I have to do is have both the weidu+centralfix.zip and installer.sh in the downloads folder? I don't have to extract anything right? (Just asking), and after that I just type in the command and I'm done?

Okay @Agerio I figured that one out, but after putting in the commands, what do I do next? (I'm assuming I should follow gusinda's instruction which was also linked to that comment)

I apologize for the late response I'm busy with work atm. but Yes, you should follow gusinda's instructions for the modding environment. And for weidu, you just place the mod folder of your choice to the mod enviro folder and input let say "cd /storage/emulated/0/documents/bg2ee" soo that weidu can detect the mod enviro folder then input either the mod folder name inside it's package example "weinstall ascension". When you're satisfied with the mods that you have installed then you can transfer the relevant mod enviro files like the override to the data folder. but just a warning, unless you managed to place files on the obb without tanos snapping it, Try avoiding mods that tampers with chitin.key because the game won't detect those on the data directory. 89himvh9352w.jpg
    dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

So essentially I can just dump the mods files into some folder then type the exact command that directs to that directory?

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Thanks in advance!

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

So essentially I can just dump the mods files into some folder then type the exact command that directs to that directory?

Yep

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Thanks in advance!

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

Yep

Wow that's very convenient, but how would I know if some mods could potentially mess with the chitin.key file in the obbs?

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Thanks in advance!

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

Yep

Wow that's very convenient, but how would I know if some mods could potentially mess with the chitin.key file in the obbs?

It will say it's biffing or something like that when your installing that mod. But I recommend you read the mod's readme thoroughly first before installing it and don't worry too much about it there's few mods that tampers with the chitin.key.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Thanks in advance!

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

Yep

It will say it's biffing or something like that when your installing that mod. But I recommend you read the mod's readme thoroughly first before installing it and don't worry too much about it there's few mods that tampers with the chitin.key.

Okay uh what should I do with this?

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Thanks in advance!

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

Yep

So should I just put the "./installer.sh/" command or smthin?
    edited January 2023

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Thanks in advance!

tq47trsp38mv.png
    naak31zf9fwq.png

dh1qma194k2v.jpg
    rz2g9i7zx4n0.jpg

Yep

So should I just put the "./installer.sh/" command or smthin?

remove the slash at the end of it and no quotes but Yes assuming you did not done that before but otherwise enter "weidu" to test if it works
    Uh oh....

Uh I think it isn't working @Agerio
    Uh oh....

Do ./installer.sh first.
    Uh oh....

Do ./installer.sh first.

Ah ok
    edited January 2023
    @ExplanatoryPotato Did it worked?

You there?

Calm down. did it worked?

It worked!
    After typing weidu it gave me a bunch of commands that i can execute.

You there?

It worked!

Can I like exit the termux session and it'll be all fine?

You there?

It worked!

If you inputted the ./installer.sh before then yes

You there?

It worked!

Yeah it is there now! But do I just put in the "cd /storage/emulated/0/documents/bg2ee" in terminux and it will find that folder then I just put in weinstall (mod file name inside package)?

You there?

It worked!

Yeah it is there now! But do I just put in the "cd /storage/emulated/0/documents/bg2ee" in terminux and it will find that folder then I just put in weinstall (mod file name inside package)?

And yes, I decided that my documents folder would be my modding environment folder.
    Since I don't use it anyway

You there?

It worked!

Yep

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Thanks! But before that, time to follow gusinda's instructions.
    And I can install like, ANY mod right?

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Aside from exe dependent mods and mods that use biffing like eet. Yes

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Ok, does SCS use biffing or nah?
    And for AI script files (like sarevok57's AI SCRIPTS) do I just put them in the "files" folder in the data folder?

You there?

It worked!

Yep

And for AI script files (like sarevok57's AI SCRIPTS) do I just put them in the "files" folder in the data folder?

Nope and again Don't worry too much about it. majority of Infinity engine mods don't use biffing as a inbuilt thing especially since generalized biffing exist but basically what biffing does it to compress the many files like the ones on override to a .bif files. it's pretty useful for Android 11+ since it cuts down the long times of transferring those override files to there destination and I heard that it improves performance too.

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Nope and again Don't worry too much about it. majority of Infinity engine mods don't use biffing as a inbuilt thing especially since generalized biffing exist but basically what biffing does it to compress the many files like the ones on override to a .bif files. it's pretty useful for Android 11+ since it cuts down the long times of transferring those override files to there destination and I heard that it improves performance too.

Nice, is it automatic in uninstalling mods through terminux and typing in the uninstall command?

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Nice, is it automatic in uninstalling mods through terminux and typing in the uninstall command?

Yep

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Yep

And btw, do I have to edit the dialog.tlk ever again if for example I uninstalled all the mods and wanting to install them again, or is it just a one time thing?

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Yep

And btw, do I have to edit the dialog.tlk ever again if for example I uninstalled all the mods and wanting to install them again, or is it just a one time thing?

Nope don't edit it the modded dialog.tlk, and use the og dialog.tlk on a fresh install and it's better to just delete everything manually and do again a fresh start if you wanna uninstall all since uninstalling it via weidu Is too long to bother

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Yep

Nope don't edit it the modded dialog.tlk, and use the og dialog.tlk on a fresh install and it's better to just delete everything manually and do again a fresh start if you wanna uninstall all since uninstalling it via weidu Is too long to bother

Thanks so far @Agerio for helping me go through this!
    But final thing, where do I put AI scripts?
    Do I put it in the "scripts" file in the "files" folder?
    (Well in this case I can't access the contents of the files folder but I can just rename that existing files folder to "p" and then make another "files" folder in my downloads directory then put in the crap I want, but I don't really know what folders to make inside the files folder, a screenshot of a files folder and its contents (BG2:EE) and an explanation as to what each one Essentially does is appreciated 👍.)

You there?

It worked!

Yep

Yep

Thanks so far @Agerio for helping me go through this!
    But final thing, where do I put AI scripts?
    Do I put it in the "scripts" file in the "files" folder?
    (Well in this case I can't access the contents of the files folder but I can just rename that existing files folder to "p" and then make another "files" folder in my downloads directory then put in the crap I want, but I don't really know what folders to make inside the files folder, a screenshot of a files folder and its contents (BG2:EE) and an explanation as to what each one Essentially does is appreciated 👍.)

yeah you can place it in the scripts folder. the only folder you need to create/place in your situation is override and lang, and maybe music and movies if mods added those but that's about it. Two things do don't forget to screenshot the chitin.key, data, music and movies original install size soo you can know if it has been tampered or not and after you installed or uninstall the mods, copy the weidu.log somewhere, it's soo it can give you a guide incase you wanna do a new install. But hopefully this helps helps and happy modding!
    @ExplanatoryPotato here's a fresh data start btw5i1bopk7qvty.jpg