Skip to content

[Released MOD] Call of the Lost Goddess - A quest mod for BG2EE

2»

Comments

• deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 242
    I can't downlad this mod. At ~150 mos the download crash. Tried many times.
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 182
    That is weird. I just checked it in my office using Edge, Chrome and Firefox and the download could be finished every time.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 236
    By the way, how was the .pdf at:

https://baldurs-gate.de/acifer/Godcall_Readme.pdf

generated? Was a special software used for that?
    This was a template that I had obtained from DMSGuild. You can use it initially with Microsoft Word. I then did the fine-tuning and editing in Adobe Acrobat. The background and the non-ingame graphics were textures that I created with a texture editor for 3D renders.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 274
    Curious whether anyone is doing crossmod for this with mod NPCs, or whether any mod NPCs have specific interactions with the mod (eg I know that Lava worked on this mod with you)
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 626
    Curious whether anyone is doing crossmod for this with mod NPCs, or whether any mod NPCs have specific interactions with the mod (eg I know that Lava worked on this mod with you)
    I read somewhere than Hephernaan have some crossmod content.
    Yes, so far only Hephernaan has crossmod content. I hope there will be more!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 552
    Come to think of it, has any of the various Amnian mod NPCs ever professed their faith in Waukeen?
  • SatSat Member Posts: 13
    Amazing mod!! Thanks for the hard work. I had a lot of pleasure going through it. Beyond the graphics, the quests branching is impressive and unique for a mod. The difficulty is nicely balanced (you need some equipment and few levels) and the rewards not gamebreaking (with maybe one exception) contrary to most quest mods.
    Any player looking to refresh his experience should try this mod. It is very stable and work well on a big eet install.
    This is a modern megamod with quality over quantity in mind (and it is far from being small...). Once more, thanks for having dedicated so much time and efforts to reach a release of this level.
    Sat wrote: »
    Once more, thanks for having dedicated so much time and efforts to reach a release of this level.
    Thank you very much for the kind words! This keeps me highly motivated to publish my next mods as soon as possible.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 64

Okay, so I just finished up this mod & all I can say is...
    I wish could have an entire game dedicated to navigating the treacherous depths of the Abyss. This mod was absolutely incredible! I really loved all of the effort put into making the Abyss truly feel like the Abyss. Playing through this mod brought back so many memories of Planescape: Torment and I am thoroughly convinced that given enough time, money & resources that you and your crew would have been able to create a full length game worthy of being a true sequel to PS:T. I'm already having withdrawals of not being in the Abyss and was truly disappointed that I had to return to Athkatla at the end of the quest.

My only complaint is that the quest eventually had to come to an end, but I guess that's more of a compliment than a criticism. That and a handful of typos that I found along the way.

Thanks again to all of the work that you and your crew have put into bringing this incredible adventure to life for all of us.

Simply amazing!

Mod rating: 9/10 (possible a 10/10 once the typos have been corrected)
    Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the mod that much!
    Regarding typos, it would be best to report the relevant passages here, otherwise it may take me quite a long time to find them on my own, given the large amount of text the mod has.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 64
    My apologies. I thought I had collected numerous screenshots during the course of my playthrough but I'm now realizing that I only captured one. I'm not sure how to post a picture as a spoiler so I'll transcribe what I captured instead:
    The description of the Larva:

---
    You bought this Larva from the Nighthag Zhelamiss. The Nalfeshnee Margrog wishes to obtain it before he will tell you anything about Waukeen whereabout.
    ---

I believe it should read:

---
    ... Waukeen's whereabouts.

I'd be happy to pay closer attention during a second playthrough and make a note of everything I find for you just as soon as I complete my current play through.
    Thank you very much! That will help me a lot!
    edited August 26
    There is a tiny issue, or non-issue - not sure if it is worth changing it, but I'll report it nonetheless.

During a current quick-run-through I also go through Call of the Lost Goddess. In one of the caves
    there is that demon knight; and he can be defeated by epic wimpiness rather than lame heroing it
    up. However had I so happened to actually kill him via a summonable (a stone golem). Upon his
    death I could get his weapon, but there was no exit from the cave, so I assume epic wimpiness
    is required before the exit can be entered. Whereas if we use brute force heroing and whack-a-doodle
    him down, the exit will not open - thus forever more trapping our heroes in the cave.

Now this may be a wanted outcome, but I think being perma-stuck in the cave is not as great.

I would suggest that upon a violent death he will simply respawn after a sleep (or, even without
    a sleep in the cave, respawn him after some seconds with some non-wimpy speech). If he does
    not yield any XP then this should be fine. I solved this by simply reloading from before I entered
    that cave, and entered epic wimpiness to win the day, so it is really a non-issue, but I wanted to
    report it nonetheless.
    edited August 28
    Another super-minor thing that perhaps can be improved fairly easily: after the hero (and his or her party, if he or she has one) rescued the big important person, the people in the area are very happily ever after - however had, upon returning to Amn, the priest of Waukeen does not have any dialogue option that refers to the event.

Perhaps one more dialogue option may be appended; or a one-time mention of "I heard of your heroic deed - praise Waukeen!" or anything like that. Right now the priest behaves as if he never even heard of the party, yet alone be in part one contact that triggered or initiated the main quest.

(Also, unrelated to the above, I think the squirrel needs a villain as enemy. Perhaps a demonic ... something, like a demonic ferret or so that hunts the squirrel. Or anything like that. Can appear after the main quest was finished, e. g. perhaps on the way back.)

(PS: Something is a bit strange with the webforum here, I think; I get quite a delay of perhaps 6 seconds before anything is posted (e. g. when I click on "publish comment" or so, and sometimes it seems I have posted nothing, or posted twice. Is there some kind of weird check before the data is published? Most web-forums I know don't have that strange delay. There is no delay when I edit my own posts, though, the "Save Comment" button works almost instantly, so this is a bit weird to me. Anyway that is off-topic.)
    There is a tiny issue, or non-issue - not sure if it is worth changing it, but I'll report it nonetheless.

During a current quick-run-through I also go through Call of the Lost Goddess. In one of the caves
    there is that demon knight; and he can be defeated by epic wimpiness rather than lame heroing it
    up. However had I so happened to actually kill him via a summonable (a stone golem). Upon his
    death I could get his weapon, but there was no exit from the cave, so I assume epic wimpiness
    is required before the exit can be entered. Whereas if we use brute force heroing and whack-a-doodle
    him down, the exit will not open - thus forever more trapping our heroes in the cave.

Now this may be a wanted outcome, but I think being perma-stuck in the cave is not as great.

This is an important issue. I will see how I can resolve this with the next update. Thanks for reporting!

Another super-minor thing that perhaps can be improved fairly easily: after the hero (and his or her party, if he or she has one) rescued the big important person, the people in the area are very happily ever after - however had, upon returning to Amn, the priest of Waukeen does not have any dialogue option that refers to the event.

Perhaps one more dialogue option may be appended; or a one-time mention of "I heard of your heroic deed - praise Waukeen!" or anything like that. Right now the priest behaves as if he never even heard of the party, yet alone be in part one contact that triggered or initiated the main quest.

Yes, for the initial release I was very careful to modify existing dialogues to avoid unintentionally creating incompatibilities with other mods I am not aware of. In a future version of the mod, I plan to add more reactions of NPCs throughout Amn after completing the quest. However, this will take some time.

Here is another small-ish idea, based in part by Lava's Southern District mod.

The latter has a NPC that seeks bodyguards for a travel. This shows up after
    a while; that is the part I want to focus on.

So, after having completed Call of the Lost Goddess, it may be nice to also
    have a post-solve quest hook. I am not sure what could fit, but perhaps a
    traveling wagon, say, with two horses or so and several merchants from
    the area, who want to transport these precious goods towards Trademeet -
    but they are scared of raids by bandits or something like that. (So a bit
    similar to Lava's quest, but perhaps humanoids rather than monsters; or
    whatever seems fitting for the bandits, could evidently also include monsters
    for the raid.)

The reward can be something like, say, 5000 gold or so if no merchant dies.

A party that wants to be evil could also steal all items etc.., so perhaps gets
    a higher reward, but at reputation cost, perhaps also alignment change if
    lawful good characters participate in the raid. Default is of course the
    "protect the merchant" part; and a slight XP reward. The idea here is mostly
    to somehow connect back to the main quest, and trade should fit Waukeen.
    (Bandits could also perhaps include one mage of level 14 or so, summoning
    stuff.)
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 49
    How would that possibly connect to or improve the mod??
    megrimlock wrote: »
    How would that possibly connect to or improve the mod??
    Yes, that's right, I definitely won't be adding any new content to the mod, just improving the existing one. My main focus at the moment is on finalising the other mods that have yet to be completed.