Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Jobby - Thanks for working this through! Looks good. The string reference problems should be fine on a new install. This is why it's basically impossible to copy CREs from one install to another (unless they are vanilla CREs). The strrefs from my install don't match yours, so it throws things off.
    jobbyjackjack
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    No problem mate, I'm just doing the fun part it's you who's doing the hard work :)

I'll get to Tiax and Kagains quests once I get to Baldurs gate, that just leaves Jaheria and Dynaheir I think which I may try and get round to in a good playthrough possibly with either the Branwen or Dynaheir romances, presumably I can be a misogynist and flirt with Neera at the same time?

But yeah just let me know if there are any specific non-quest related areas that require further attention and I'll try and fit them into a playthrough too, I wish I could help out with the technical stuff more but the scripts just scare me.
    AstroBryGuy
    edited May 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Hey there, finally got to BG and completed the remaining quests for this playthrough, everything ran is it should.
    Daevorn is a bitch with full SCS installed btw!!!

This includes Tiax and Belgin, Kagains quest and Xzars mini quest in Sorcerous sundries.
    Not tested the Sewer king ichor one yet, can I do both if i have multiple mythril rings?
    jackjackAstroBryGuybooinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014
    I've been playing a little with this and other mods, so far (only played two hours) I only found one typo, I don't know where should I report it, so I'll post it here:
    Yes, I'm reporting the lack of a * at the end of that dialogue :D
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    SjerrieAstroBryGuy
    @Jobby - Never played Xzar's Quest. Try it out and see!
  • NetherielNetheriel Member Posts: 5
    Hi! I tried this mod many years ago and I found it fantastic.
    Few days ago I buyed the Android version of BG EE for my Android Tablet and I want to know if I can put this mod on the tablet version.

Thanks!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @CrevsDaak‌ I don't get your spelling error
    @booinyoureyes‌ there's a missing * at the end of the line. Just congratz me for my bad english in that phrase.
    booinyoureyes
    edited May 2014

@CrevsDaak‌ I don't get your spelling error

Lines describing actions are conventionally denoted with * both before and after. The trailing * is missing in this case.

@CrevsDaak‌ - thanks! I'll track it down in the tra file.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by CrevsDaak!
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    CrevsDaakjackjackelminster
    edited May 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌ EDIT: the .tra is x#xzint.tra, at @55. Nevermind the other stuff :P
    to search for something very fast in OS X you can do this: image
    Sorry but it seems that my computer is a little silly today and already spent three minutes processing the search :P
    edited May 2014
    @CrevsDaak‌ - Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed and synced to GitHub.
    CrevsDaak
    edited May 2014
    Netheriel said:

Hi! I tried this mod many years ago and I found it fantastic.
    Few days ago I buyed the Android version of BG EE for my Android Tablet and I want to know if I can put this mod on the tablet version.

Thanks!

While BGEE on Android will utilize an override directory, the dialog.tlk file is not editable. So, a mod like BG1NPC would not work, since it adds lots of lines to the dialog.tlk file.

See this thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31547/modding
    elminsterjackjackCrevsDaak
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @AstroBryGuy‌ you are simply awesome. Thank you.
    And thanks to @jobby‌ for his patience and determination, too.
    /internet bro-fist
    jackjackKavainItomon
    edited June 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌ I've just found the voices for BG2 in Spanish, I'll send you the files you asked for when they finish to get downloaded. I also spotted more stuff...

Looks like Rashel (X#RASHE.CRE) is missing her voiced lines (the sound of some BG2 phrases), but nothing else.

Also, Ajantis' shield (X#AJSHLD.ITM)'s description says "Only usable by:\nAjantis" which clashes with the EEs way of listing the (un)usability in items. This happens in bg1npc_temp.tra, the ones are @9 form the shield, and also with @77 and @250 that are for some items for Kivan.

Also, variables from banters are being set to the creatures (party members), so they trigger again when that character dies, I'm attaching a save where Shar-Teel is dead, I went to the Temple of Lathander (the one east of Beregost) and raised her, a dialog with Tiax triggered again after some time.
    The dialog mentions the Iron Throne, which I didn't get to know as I am in Chapter 2, so I was asking if that is a bug too.

This happens with every single NPC that gets banters with this mod, it happened with Kagain as well.
    The first time... image And the second time... image

A macro patch with WeiDU should work as a fix after the mod is installed, but it could cause other issues, and replacing every single "LOCALS" or "ARXXXX" with a "GLOBALS" would be tedious if done manually.

Edit: \n means enter or return in C (the programming language).
    jobby
    CrevsDaak said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ I've just found the voices for BG2 in Spanish, I'll send you the files you asked for when they finish to get downloaded. I also spotted more stuff...

Looks like Rashel (X#RASHE.CRE) is missing her voiced lines (the sound of some BG2 phrases), but nothing else.

Thanks. Already caught that one. Rashel used the GPRIF soundset in Tutu/BGT. I've converted her to some generic female sounds from BGEE.
    CrevsDaak said:

Also, Ajantis' shield (X#AJSHLD.ITM)'s description says "Only usable by:\nAjantis" which clashes with the EEs way of listing the (un)usability in items. This happens in bg1npc_temp.tra, the ones are @9 form the shield, and also with @77 and @250 that are for some items for Kivan.

I'll look into adding these items to item_use.2da for BGEE.
    Also, variables from banters are being set to the creatures (party members), so they trigger again when that character dies, I'm attaching a save where Shar-Teel is dead, I went to the Temple of Lathander (the one east of Beregost) and raised her, a dialog with Tiax triggered again after some time.
    The dialog mentions the Iron Throne, which I didn't get to know as I am in Chapter 2, so I was asking if that is a bug too.

This happens with every single NPC that gets banters with this mod, it happened with Kagain as well.
    The first time... image And the second time... image

A macro patch with WeiDU should work as a fix after the mod is installed, but it could cause other issues, and replacing every single "LOCALS" or "ARXXXX" with a "GLOBALS" would be tedious if done manually.

Edit: \n means enter or return in C (the programming language).
    I'm cautious about trying a global search and replace. There are truly local variables like "KickedOut" that you don't want made global (kick out one person and the whole party leaves!). OTOH, yeah that would be tedious...

OK. I'm going to consult @cmorgan and @jastey for advice. I wonder if this has been a issue in Tutu/BGT, too.
    @CrevsDaak‌ - Can you attach that save you mentioned?
    CrevsDaak
    Seems like I failed at uploading the save, I tried around 19 times :P and still no luck.
    Well, seems that it's working now. Uploaded both the Irenicus' voices 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 you had asked me before and the save.
    jackjack
    edited June 2014
    And regarding this:
    CrevsDaak said:

Here's what I assume is going on:

Tiax isn't normally available until you reach Baldur's Gate, i.e. after you know about the Iron Throne. My best guess is that the author of the Shar-Teel/Tiax banters therefore assumed you are at least in Chapter 5.

I presume you got Tiax in Chapter 2 by using the SCS mod to make him available earlier, correct?

So, I think this is a unforeseen complication of mixing two mods. Maybe I can attach a Chapter check to block it until at least Chapter 4.

jobbyCrevsDaak
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    What is the last version of the mod ? and I really think there should be a new topic in BGEE mods section with the file attach in the first post that people can follow up on the update here as well as GitHub
    Fina92EtaminXaviorialolien
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @AstroBryBuy LOCALS variables reset/forgetting is something I thought is not happening for party members. I really hope BG:EE didn't change any behaviour here... The party joining seems to be handled by setting a "KickOut" LOCALS to 1 on the first kickout and setting it to "0" upon rejoining, so no problem for "forgotten" LOCALS there, but most mod I know would just implode.
    @jastey - That's what I thought. I did a test on a different save game. I killed Shar-Teel, raised her, and then checked her local variables before and after. They were preserved.

However, I can confirm that in @CrevsDaak‌'s save game, when Shar-Teel is raised, her local variables are blank.

@CrevsDaak‌ - Can you send a save game before Shar-Teel got killed? Something happened to wipe out her local variables. I want to try and recreate the entire issue.
    @CrevsDaak‌

Regarding the repeated banters I thought that might have been happening but due to the amount I had re-loaded and restarted I couldn't be sure, well noticed though.
    jobby said:

Regarding the repeated banters I thought that might have been happening but due to the amount I had re-loaded and restarted I couldn't be sure, well noticed though.

That could be impossible, since I'm playing minimal reload right now.

@AstroBryGuy‌ I don't have a save before she died, but I have one after she died and the banters triggered again, does that help? I'm uploading it in this post.

Did you move between areas when you killed Shar-Teel? I think that it was because Tiax had also died at some point before Shar-Teel died, try that too.
    edited June 2014
    Ok - More testing....

If an NPC dies and you raise them without re-loading, the local variables will be preserved. If you re-load the game with them dead and then raise them, the local variables are NOT preserved.

I'll try this with some vanilla save games to see if this is somehow connected to BG1NPC. If it's a BGEE issue, I'll report the bug.

EDIT: Tried with a vanilla game (no BG1NPC). If you reload before raising, local variables are NOT preserved. Appears to be the same bug as #7190 already identified for BG2EE.

EDIT #2 - Local variables appear to be preserved with the v1.3 beta. Hopefully the patch will be released soon.

Until the patch is released, don't save and reload with a dead NPC in your party. Raise BEFORE save/reloading.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    CrevsDaak said:

jobby said:

That could be impossible, since I'm playing minimal reload right now.

@AstroBryGuy‌ I don't have a save before she died, but I have one after she died and the banters triggered again, does that help? I'm uploading it in this post.

Did you move between areas when you killed Shar-Teel? I think that it was because Tiax had also died at some point before Shar-Teel died, try that too.
    @CrevsDaak‌ - See my previous post. It's saving/reloading that is causing the local variables to be dropped.
    CrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited June 2014
    Hey, where is the link to the download? And should I be able to get it on my iPad?(jailbroken, iFunbox, Mac)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌ Good to know they seem to have fixed that. Nasty bug!
    CrevsDaakAstroBryGuy
    meagloth said:

Hey, where is the link to the download? And should I be able to get it on my iPad?(jailbroken, iFunbox, Mac)

I've been using the version posted here and had no troubles besides some missed Local variables.
    Use this guide to install in Mac, it works very well. To install it in your iPad, you'll need it jailbroken for sure, since this mods adds lots of text to the dialog.tlk.
    If you have it jailbroken, copy Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app to your desktop, right-click it->Show Contents, drop the stuff there and install the mod!
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @CrevsDaak This version you link to is the last one update on the forum that true but since then there was work on the file that wasn't post here on the forum.
    Like I said in my last post that was being ignore I really think there should be a new topic in BGEE mods section with the file attach in the first post that people can follow up on the update here, it seem real to you guys that someone had to dig the page where the last update was post ???
    AstroBryGuy
This discussion has been closed.