Skip to content

BG:EE, SoD 2.5 patches, Infinity Engine fixes and features, + the additional 2.5 IWD:EE patch

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited August 2018 in News
Hello, everyone!

We have released three updates today and we have three separate blog posts:

BG:EE, SoD 2.5 patches http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/updates-to-baldurs-gate-enhanced.html

Infinity Engine fixes and features http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/updates-to-infinity-engine.html

The additional patch for IWD:EE http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-new.html
kanisathaAedanronaldoBubbMiraStastnyStummvonBordwehrAstroBryGuyHurricaneALIENArctodusThacoBellRaduzielGusindaGreenWarlockbutteredsoulAerakarVixentSjerrieRik_Kirtaniyakaguana[Deleted User]SssiksseilorAbeltheonlypeejDreadnaughtAxieKedricNonnahswriterkungfuhobbitlolien

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Aedan said:

I guess that people will start asking for the next patch in less than a week :p

Why wait a week?

Where is the next patch?

:p
    Contemplative_HamsterArctodusAerakarAxie
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 999
    Always great to see new patches and a ton of accompanying fixes! While the Infinity Engine has always been buggy, we've got to be getting close to a perfect version, eh? :p

Also, forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere -
    Will BG2:EE get an additional update to bring its version number inline with BG:EE and IWD:EE, (v2.5.17.0)? Or will it stay at v2.5.15.6 for the time being?
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    noticed problem in this new update the game presents a strong slowness after the dialogs of history and save, I do not know if other members had this problem in BG:EE.
    I do not know if there is something in the game log but I'll check it out and post it here in the forum
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Trying to update through the Beamdog client, and while BGee and IWD have updated fine, SoD will not update. And every attempt I get the message, "An internal error has occurred. If you notice repeated issues, please contact Beamdog support." Restarting the client doesn't help either.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    ThacoBell said:

Trying to update through the Beamdog client, and while BGee and IWD have updated fine, SoD will not update. And every attempt I get the message, "An internal error has occurred. If you notice repeated issues, please contact Beamdog support." Restarting the client doesn't help either.

Odd. I'm having a similar issue. I got the updates for SoD and IWDEE, but BGEE refuses to update. It reports 2.3.67.3 as the current version. Beamdog client.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, sorry. On the Beamdog Client, BG:EE & SoD aren't showing the update as available on Mac, and BG:EE isn't showing at all on Linux. We're working on it.
    Aerakarlolien
    Remove unused VO

OH CRAP!!!!! @JuliusBorisov is there a way to download SoD v2.3.67.3 still? SoD v2.5 just killed my JaheiraRecast mod!
    I've tried verifying my game files instead of direct update, and now SoD is downloading almost 2GB, so maybe its pulling the update now.
  • steamingdragonsteamingdragon Member Posts: 2
    This patch has rendered my game un-playable! My main character (and Dorn for some reason) cannot move properly. You tell them to go someplace and it takes them forever to get there! My main character does a stop go stop go stop go kind of chicken dance, and Dorn just stops moving completely. WTF Beamdog?!?!?!?!? Also, the in game mouse cursor keeps blinking at the same rate as my main character's chicken dance!
    Okay, that seems to have worked.

@steamingdragon Are you loading up a save from the previous version? They may not be compatible.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Thanks for all the fixes guys, we really do appreciate all of the work you put into these games. A couple of things:

-How about releasing some DLC for the IE games now so we can support you guys with some cash? I hear there's a particular storyline involving a certain dagger that needs resolution in BGII... I would also just be happy if you released small DLCs like more portrait packs, new characters, mini expansions, etc. I really do appreciate all the work done on these games, and I would like to keep supporting you guys.

-Any word on fixing the audio issues in BGII? I added it to Redmine as a feature request, since I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, but it seems like a pretty big deal to a lot of people. This is the one I'm asking about: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/26150

Thanks again guys! Keep up the great work!
    anastielThacoBellContemplative_HamsterDreadnaught

This patch has rendered my game un-playable! My main character (and Dorn for some reason) cannot move properly. You tell them to go someplace and it takes them forever to get there! My main character does a stop go stop go stop go kind of chicken dance, and Dorn just stops moving completely. WTF Beamdog?!?!?!?!? Also, the in game mouse cursor keeps blinking at the same rate as my main character's chicken dance!

@steamingdragon - It appears that a change of variable scope has created a potential stutter bug for Dorn when loading an old save on the updated game. If this is the same issue, @Bubb posted a solution to the problem here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/976294/#Comment_976294
    anastielBubblolien
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    I'm having a gameplay problem as well and besides, loading slow to other scenarios and the game is not saving automatically, and the artificial intelligence is suffering a little too many dialogues do not happen I need to force the dialogue with the character
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Very nice :) Saw all these emails this morning saying my Issues were being fixed. Nice to see Beamdog is still patching!
    StummvonBordwehr
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2018
    Thankyou Beamdog!

Please could someone post a screenshot of the new Area of Effect Indicator from IWD?
    Is it different for radial (fireball) and conic (burning hands/cone of cold) spells?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I see no mention of the Mac App Store updates. Do we know if they are more likely to be days, weeks, months, or years(?!) away from delivery to Apple for validation?
    ThacoBell
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    lefreut said:

@kungfuhobbit

Fireball:

Cone of cold:

Aganazzar's scorcher:

Thanks; how did you import into BG2EE?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Thanks; how did you import into BG2EE?

The same way that you activate it for IWDEE. Add SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Show AOE','1') into the Baldur.lua file.
    lolien
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @kungfuhobbit The setting given in the IWDEE news update is working in BG2EE and BGEE too.
    @argent77 mentionned it was present in BG2EE here and his mod Hidden options (linked topic) has a menu option to activate the feature.
    Abel
  • 00zim00 said:

Very nice :) Saw all these emails this morning saying my Issues were being fixed.

"Greetings, mercenaries! We are Beamdog: Therapists Extraordinaire!"

B)
    ThacoBell
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    We want area of effect indicator for Lightning Bolt! B)
    lolien
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Cahir said:

IIRC Trent and Phil said it should be rolled out for Mac App Store next week during the latest stream.

That's disappointing, I was getting ready to throw a birthday party for the last BGEE patch being 4 years old on 9th September ;). Guess I'll have to settle for new gameplay and bug fixes instead!
    modestvoltaDreadnaught
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    edited August 2018
    Nice to see things still corrected and added, it seems however my game has lost the "faces of good & evil" portraits. My steam install in unmodded.

And "Make 3 new portraits from "The Road to v2.0 Reward" official to the base game of BG:EE"

They don't show up, maybe these package are interfering?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited August 2018
    While I very much welcome the patch, I was on a modded playthrough, nearing end-game, and of course Steam auto updates... Can I roll back to the previous version for a little while? And would that correct the errors i'm having?
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited August 2018

Thanks for all the fixes guys, we really do appreciate all of the work you put into these games. A couple of things:

-How about releasing some DLC for the IE games now so we can support you guys with some cash? I hear there's a particular storyline involving a certain dagger that needs resolution in BGII... I would also just be happy if you released small DLCs like more portrait packs, new characters, mini expansions, etc. I really do appreciate all the work done on these games, and I would like to keep supporting you guys.

This. So much this. I'd pay US$ 14.99 for M'khiin to be ported to BGee and BG2ee along with a minimal quest in each game.

M'khiin is a truly unique NPC with a unique perspective. Not comic relief like fellow short arses Tiax, Quayle, Glint, Deekin. Not broody elite like Kivan. She's broody because she has every reason to be, and no reason to trust humankind or goblinkind. There is so much potential there. Capitalize on it!

@JuliusBorisov @SethDavis
    gugulug5000AerakarLesbianLionesslolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Is it me or the GoG version is still on 2.3 ?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Is it just me or is the level up portrait icon missing whenever a party member is ready to level up in a BGEE+SoD game installed by the Beamdog client? It works correctly for the same game (same patch version) installed by the Steam client. Can anyone confirm?