Skip to content

BG:EE, SoD 2.5 patches, Infinity Engine fixes and features, + the additional 2.5 IWD:EE patch

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    I can confirm the first part of your statement. The level up portrait icon is missing (Beamdog client on a Mac).
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    argent77 said:

Is it just me or is the level up portrait icon missing whenever a party member is ready to level up in a BGEE+SoD game installed by the Beamdog client? It works correctly for the same game (same patch version) installed by the Steam client. Can anyone confirm?

With the Beamdog client, the icon is missing in a BGEE+SoD install but it works in a BGEE install.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I have not downloaded the update yet but I have a question maybe someone could answer. Should the game be left to it's default renderer or switched to the alternate renderer for optimal graphics rendering? I want the game to look as good as it can. I remember it got mixed up at some point and I just want to confirm where it should be set in the latest build for the best graphics. Thanks.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited August 2018
    Well, I'm confused about one thing. About the updates to the infinity engine, how am I supposed to get them? In my Steam library, I can only see BGEE and IWDEE getting updated, but, if I am not mistaken, updates to infinity engine means that BG2EE and PSTEE should also get updated (but I can see nothing like that).

How is it supposed to be? Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: My BG2EE install via Steam shows to be on v.2.5.16.6, but BGEE and IWDEE show v.2.5.17.0. I tried verifying integrity of the game files for BG2EE, but nothing happened. Should I re-install BG2EE, or is it supposed to stay at v.2.5.16.6 for now?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    That additional thing for IWD:EE seems interesting. I'm curious to try it out.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Well, I'm confused about one thing. About the updates to the infinity engine, how am I supposed to get them? In my Steam library, I can only see BGEE and IWDEE getting updated, but, if I am not mistaken, updates to infinity engine means that BG2EE and PSTEE should also get updated (but I can see nothing like that).

BG2EE was already updated to 2.5.16.6. It is not getting an update at this time to 2.5.17 (I assume the engine changes are immaterial to BG2EE). PSTEE is its own fork of the engine (IE+ 3.1.3).
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited August 2018
    argent77 said:

Is it just me or is the level up portrait icon missing whenever a party member is ready to level up in a BGEE+SoD game installed by the Beamdog client? It works correctly for the same game (same patch version) installed by the Steam client. Can anyone confirm?

It's not just you. This is what we get for not having an open beta test of SoD.
    Open STATES.BAM, adjust x-center of frame 256 to 13.
    Frames 155 & 156 (talking, shopping) also lost their x-center value (13).
    RaduziellefreutFlashburnKilivitz

BG2EE was already updated to 2.5.16.6. It is not getting an update at this time to 2.5.17 (I assume the engine changes are immaterial to BG2EE). PSTEE is its own fork of the engine (IE+ 3.1.3).
    Thanks for the clarification, @AstroBryGuy! :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    The marker could be more stylized to look better, but it does its job. I especially like how it even shows zone activation for Skull Trap.

EtaminRaduzielAedanAbel
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Am I the only one who's lost the "faces of good & evil" portraits from the game since the update?
    Rik_Kirtaniya
    Matthieu said:

Am I the only one who's lost the "faces of good & evil" portraits from the game since the update?

Yeah, I don't find it in my game as well. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the DLC, but it is not showing even now. :(
    MatthieuEnuhal
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    could you make the marker just a circle (ellipse)?
    kungfuhobbit
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Sjerrie said:

While I very much welcome the patch, I was on a modded playthrough, nearing end-game, and of course Steam auto updates... Can I roll back to the previous version for a little while? And would that correct the errors i'm having?

There is no rollback option.
  • MsWynfledMsWynfled Member Posts: 2

This patch has rendered my game un-playable! My main character (and Dorn for some reason) cannot move properly. You tell them to go someplace and it takes them forever to get there! My main character does a stop go stop go stop go kind of chicken dance, and Dorn just stops moving completely. WTF Beamdog?!?!?!?!? Also, the in game mouse cursor keeps blinking at the same rate as my main character's chicken dance!

I had the exact same problem today. Dorn can't move, my main character is moving weirdly enough and I can't play anymore.
    ThacoBell said:

Okay, that seems to have worked.

@steamingdragon Are you loading up a save from the previous version? They may not be compatible.

So that means I need to start all over again?
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Trackpad issues on a macbook pro still persist on v2.5.17.10

Phantom clicks, non-responsive clicks and an inability to right click
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    MsWynfled said:

This patch has rendered my game un-playable! My main character (and Dorn for some reason) cannot move properly. You tell them to go someplace and it takes them forever to get there! My main character does a stop go stop go stop go kind of chicken dance, and Dorn just stops moving completely. WTF Beamdog?!?!?!?!? Also, the in game mouse cursor keeps blinking at the same rate as my main character's chicken dance!

I had the exact same problem today. Dorn can't move, my main character is moving weirdly enough and I can't play anymore.
    ThacoBell said:

Okay, that seems to have worked.

@steamingdragon Are you loading up a save from the previous version? They may not be compatible.

So that means I need to start all over again?
    Someone posted a fix for it. Depending on your platform, it is fixable.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    I cannot even open BGEE (steam version) after the update. As soon as I run the exe it crashes. Properties tab shows that the exe is v2.5.17.

I have been playing BGEE with mods, also SOD and BG2EE are there since December last year but I had not played or modded them so far. I just ran unmodded BG2EE v2.5.16 and that was fine, was able to start a game and import a character from BGEE save file.

Should I just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing or is there an easier way to proceed with BG:EE steam? It could be a problem because of modmerge or edit of lua file or something like that?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Should I just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing or is there an easier way to proceed with BG:EE steam? It could be a problem because of modmerge or edit of lua file or something like that?

It could very well be that mods are preventing BG:EE from opening. I just tested it with an unmodded BG:EE on Steam and could easily start.

Make sure you delete everything in the override folder.

lolien
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Isaya said:

Anprionsa said:

Sjerrie said:

While I very much welcome the patch, I was on a modded playthrough, nearing end-game, and of course Steam auto updates... Can I roll back to the previous version for a little while? And would that correct the errors i'm having?

Actually there is a rollback option. It's explained here.
    Unfortunately it won't bring back the mods configuration, most certainly.
    Many people advise making a complete copy of the game directory outside of Steam directory, and playing from that copy, in order to avoid such uncontrolled updates on your modded game environnement.
    Not the answer I'd hoped for, but thank you nonetheless. Sadly this is the second time this happened.

I'm going to try a full re-install, re-add the mods (i still have a config file from BWS) and hope the save file works. Would playing from a copy of the game directory interfere with Steam achievements?
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386

Matthieu said:

Yeah, I don't find it in my game as well. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the DLC, but it is not showing even now. :(
    You reassure me.
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    edited August 2018
    So it seems that I can no longer import custom portraits into the IOS version of BGEE using the .bg1portrait method. I still get the "open in Baldur's Gate" prompt, but they don't show up in game. Same with .bg1override

I was able to do this fine in the previous version. Is there a new trick now?

Edit: Disregard! I was using rar format instead of zip. Everything still works as usual. :smile:
    Post edited by GaelicVigil on
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    So are you guys going to edit the version number at the top (under "Games") of the website? According to that we're all still on 2.0 and SoD is "available now". For a newcomer it's kind of hard to figure out what the actual current versions are.
    AedanAshvalFlashburn
  • proffburdproffburd Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 24

So it seems that I can no longer import custom portraits into the IOS version of BGEE using the .bg1portrait method. I still get the "open in Baldur's Gate" prompt, but they don't show up in game. Same with .bg1override

I was able to do this fine in the previous version. Is there a new trick now?

Edit: Disregard! I was using rar format instead of zip. Everything still works as usual. :smile:

Could you please give step by step instructions on how to do custom portraits on an iOS device? I would like to use custom portraits but don’t know how to convert to the format that I need to use on an iPad.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sjerrie said:

Isaya said:

Anprionsa said:

Sjerrie said:

Actually there is a rollback option. It's explained here.
    Unfortunately it won't bring back the mods configuration, most certainly.
    Many people advise making a complete copy of the game directory outside of Steam directory, and playing from that copy, in order to avoid such uncontrolled updates on your modded game environnement.
    Not the answer I'd hoped for, but thank you nonetheless. Sadly this is the second time this happened.

I'm going to try a full re-install, re-add the mods (i still have a config file from BWS) and hope the save file works. Would playing from a copy of the game directory interfere with Steam achievements?
    To save you some time, you don't need to do a complete re-install. Just have Steam re-verify your game files. It will wipe all your mods and restore the game to a clean state. Its MUCH faster. As for whether your save will still work? In my personal experience, no. Can't hurt to try though.
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/the-2-5-update-beta is now moved to the archive.

Please share all the feedback in the new forum section: https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/2-5-patches-feedback
    Hurricanelolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Greener said:

Trackpad issues on a macbook pro still persist on v2.5.17.10

Phantom clicks, non-responsive clicks and an inability to right click

The issue should be fixed now: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36932

If something is still off for you, please, create the new bug report at that site.
    lolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited August 2018
    @JuliusBorisov

Do you know the status of the SoD patch for iOS devices?
    StummvonBordwehr