Skip to content

[mod] Yeslick BG2 - now also available for BG2EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
edited July 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Annother announcement from SHS!

Wait -- is that a Dwarven Sunday? Perhaps it is! Just after the release of Korgan Friendship comes the next important release - Yeslick BG2(EE) update is now here.

The original mod by great modders of SHS - Pixel Kaiser and K'aeloree - is now updated with ToB content but not just that. From now on the mod should also work just fine on new versions of the game - BG2EE and EET. Other changes: minor fixes, traification, banters with EE NPCs, Wilson dialogue fix and some additional proofreading.

About the character:

When asked about his past, Yeslick chuckles grimly. "There ain't nothin' there ye be wantin' to know, young 'un. Trust me." From what you have gleaned, Yeslick is peculiar for a dwarf; a follower of Vergadain, the Dwarven god of wealth and luck and Clangeddin, Dwarven god of war, he is an unassuming companion with an aversion to alcohol and the undead. You know little about his history beyond that he grew up in the Dales to the north and that heat makes him extremely irritable.

Version 2.0 team: Lava Del'Vortel, Rhaella and Artemius_I.

Forum
Download

If you missed the first dwarven mod released on the "Dwarven Sunday" - Korgan Friendship - check the announcement here.
Raduzielmegamike15ThacoBellAedanronaldoZaghoulCaszidyRVNSStummvonBordwehrSharGuidesMyHandJuliusBorisovMirandelKuronaFina92Blackraven

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i remember this but never bothered because there was no tob content. might want to check it out now.

i only really used yeslick once during my first ever bg 1 run but it's nice to have more dwarves.
    LavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Well, it's not a huge mod, but indeed, there aren't many dwarves to take on an adventure :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh man. Big fan of Yeslick from BG1. May we always remember Dwarven Sunday.
    LavaDelVortelCaszidyStummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Well, it's not a huge mod, but indeed, there aren't many dwarves to take on an adventure :)

You know what I'm about to ask you, right? :#
    LavaDelVortel
    edited July 2018
    Sure I do! Let me know if our PM thread about what the changes would be! :)
    Raduziel
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Absolutely brilliant!
    LavaDelVortel
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Congratulations, really!
    LavaDelVortel
    edited July 2018
    Added to Deities of Faerûn.

Thanks, @LavaDelVortel ! Good job!
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for Yeslick (and a cleric alternative for a lawful party).

He starts only with ~27000 XP. That's pretty low by SoA standards. I expected something around 250.000 XP.
    Hmm, I didn't check the SoA stuff. That is indeed a little. I understand low experience when story suggest a NPC is not really experienced, but Yeslick isn't some newbie.

Will try to remember about that if/when I'll be updating the mod!
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Where is @Grum at? DWARF! DWARF! DWARF!
    ThacoBell
    ERROR: error loading [yeslicknpc/lk#yesEp.2da]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Yeslick NPC for BGII: SoA & ToB], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 197 files for [YESLICKNPC/YESLICKNPC.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 197 files for [YESLICKNPC/YESLICKNPC.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "yeslicknpc/lk#yesEp.2da")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-YESLICKNPC.DEBUG to Pixel Kaiser, K'aeloree and Lava Del'Vortel
    Using Language [English]
    Sorry, but I think your package got damaged during download or something, because the file is there. Or maybe your antivirus software deleted it. I just checked it and it installs fine for me.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    RVNS said:

Where is @Grum at? DWARF! DWARF! DWARF!

Grum’s baby girl is out, and he hasn’t slept in quite some time.

But Grum is very supportive of this measure! How can I get it on the phone? :D
    RVNSThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited July 2018
    Good to see Yeslick back in action - my favourite Cleric in BG1. Well done modders <3

@Grum
    You can mod your phone. Not easy - but it can be done thanks to Luke93 and Subtledoctor as well:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak

But modding your phone requires the content doesnt biff by it self. @LavaDelVortel can you elaborate on that perhaps?
    ThacoBell
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

...with an aversion to alcohol and the undead.

Does this mean he won't get along with Hexxat?
    @SharGuidesMyHand - They do not love eachother, BUT they will stay together in one group. I've decided that I won't include any new conflicts without consulting the original author.

@StummvonBordwehr - sorry, I missed your quesiton. To be honest, I have no idea how games work on phones and tablets, so... sorry. You will need to ask someone who knows more on the topic.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited August 2018
    @LavaDelVortel Brilliant mod, well done!

Have you considered a similar interaction/reaction between Yeslick and Korgan as we saw in BGEE with Yeslick and Kagain?

What was your inspiration for the Alaghor of Clangeddin kit? As I've seen several variations on the internet...

I've tinkered around with allowing Fighter/Clerics to use axes, and that would be fitting for this mod as Clangeddin Silverbeard wielded twin axes.

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~ PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN READ_BYTE 0x1f usability2 READ_BYTE 0x1c category PATCH_IF (category = 25) BEGIN WRITE_BYTE 0x1F (usability2 & 0b10111111) END END BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
    Would you consider making the kit an option and allow the player to install this mod as a Fighter/Cleric?
    Post edited by Greener on
    Remember that I took over a project only to provide ToB part + EE(T) compatibility. I'm not the original author and I don't want to go to far with applying changes.

The kit was designed long ago with consultation with Kaeloree. I don't remember the details because it was 6 years ago. Sorry.

As for the axes - that would go beyond the idea of the mod and it would influence other fighter/clerics and I can already say that sorry, but I won't implement that for the same reason I mentioned above.

I can, though, consider making his kit optional for those who would rather keep the BG1 and BG2 characters a bit more consistent.

Cheers and thanks for all the kind words! I believe most of them should go to the original authors! :)
    StummvonBordwehr
    @LavaDelVortel Thank you for your response, I understand.
    edited August 2018
    @Greener Deities of Faerûn has a component for Yeslick BG2 that gives him the PnP version of the Alaghar of Clangeddin including some love for axes. You'll need to install this mod before DoF, click two buttons and that's it.

@LavaDelVortel Sorry about the promoting; felt appropriate for the question presented.
    Greener
    @Raduziel Thank you!

Raduziel
    edited August 2018
    When I click on either of these links, I get this message:

"This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above."

Is anyone else seeing this? I don't think I've ever seen a message like this before on any site I've visited.

Is there any other location that I can download the mod from?

Greener said:

Would you consider making the kit an option and allow the player to install this mod as a Fighter/Cleric?

I can, though, consider making his kit optional for those who would rather keep the BG1 and BG2 characters a bit more consistent.

So Yeslick is a single-class cleric in this mod rather than a F/C? Yes, I would "second" the motion to allow us the option to leave him as a multi-F/C. Would it also be too much to ask to restore his original bio from BG1 as well?

And does this mod allow him to be summoned through the Fate Spirit for ToB-only playthroughs?
    Nope, he still is a multiclass character, but he also gets a kit - so it's actually Figther / Cleric of Clangeddin. And nope, no alternative download here: those may be made only with a permission from an original author and Pixel Kaiser and Kaeloree are those. I just updated their work a bit + added ToB part. That doesn't mean I can decide about everything on my own :)
    SharGuidesMyHand

Nope, he still is a multiclass character, but he also gets a kit - so it's actually Figther / Cleric of Clangeddin. And nope, no alternative download here: those may be made only with a permission from an original author and Pixel Kaiser and Kaeloree are those. I just updated their work a bit + added ToB part. That doesn't mean I can decide about everything on my own :)

Thanks for the info.

Any idea if/when the mod will be available for download again?
    Hard to tell, but I emailed the tech admin today. Hope it's gonna help.
    SharGuidesMyHand
    SHS is back. The mod should be available again.
    lefreutSharGuidesMyHand

SHS is back. The mod should be available again.

Great news, thanks!
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Great work on this. Does this mod have any crossmod interactions?