Skip to content

Bug after upgrade! Game slows down between screen changes and QuickSave.

ArcanjoArcanjo Member Posts: 155
After upgrading to my PC and my in-game Notebook, I went testing. On my PC this is perfect! But in my daughter's notebook is slow to change from one screen to another, or the screen turns black or hangs on the scene of the characters walking, long after the new screen is loaded.

In Quick Save, the same problem occurs!

But during the game, everything is normal, the problem occurs only in the change of screen and in the quick save!

Comments

• ArcanjoArcanjo Member Posts: 155
    An addendum, The notebook is normal, the programs are running normally, including other games, only the BeamDog games have given this problem, and I tested the BG: EE, BG2: EE and IWD: EE.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Arcanjo
    Shandyr said:

Hi @Arcanjo ,

so what are the differences between your PC and your daughter's notebook?

What operating systems are running on each? What are the hardware specifications of each?
    Has each of them been updated with the latest drivers?

• PC/Desktop = Win 10 64bits
    • Notebook = Intel Core i7 2.0ghz, 8Gb Ram, 500gb HP (70%free)
    • PC = Intel Core i5 3.0gz, 8Gb Ram, 1TB HP (60%free)
    It worked normally, with no problem whatsoever, it was soon after the game update that this occurred.
    [Deleted User]
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Those threads don't really describe the problem. This post does, though: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/988029/#Comment_988029

Basically, running 2.5 on PCs with integrated Intel video cards causes the problem.

If your daughter's notebook as an Nvidia or AMD dedicated video card, you could access those cards' control panel to make sure the game's executable uses them. That should stop the hanging.

If the Intel graphics is the only present video card, then you're out of luck. If it's any consolation, the devs knew about the bug and put out the patch anyway because making the game borderline unplayable with the current most common video card in the world is apparently not a big deal.
    Arcanjo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Arcanjo
    Do you have a solution? Because this has happened now after the update! Will they solve this?

What is their support email?
    @Shandyr
    Using AIDA 64, in the monitor> PCI / AGP Video option, it showed me two options:
    Video: AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600 Series (Thames)
    Video: Intel HD Graphics 4000
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    @Arcanjo you should try finding a program called AMD Catalyst Control Center on your computer. It's the settings program for your dedicated AMD Radeon video card.

Look on the sidebar for Gaming, then 3D Application Settings. Find the executable for BG:EE (it should be named baldur.exe) and set it to High Performance. This illustration should help you:

This will force your computer to run the game using the AMD video card instead of Intel Integrated Graphics, which should solve the problem.

@Shandyr as for this bug report, unfortunately I don't think it's only something caused by unsupported drivers. My laptop runs Intel HD 4000 Graphics, still supported and up to date on Windows 10, and the freezing on save problem happens only on 2.5, and only when running the game on Intel Graphics. Switching to GeForce Graphics or running 2.3 (which I still have backed up) is just fine.
    [Deleted User]Arcanjo
    edited August 2018
    @Kilivitz
    I did what you said, in Catalyst I added the executives of BG 1, 2 and SoD, do I need to configure something besides adding the application?

I disabled the Intel Video Driver, and gave error when opening BG: EE, but I do not understand why, I need to reinstall the games? It should work because when disabling Intel the S.O started to use the video from AMD.
    @Arcanjo added the executables for the game should be fine. There's no need to disable the Intel video card. Let me know if that solves the problem!
    [Deleted User]Arcanjo
    edited August 2018
    Solved (Palliatively): In the game options, in the "Graphics" part has the option "Alternative render", enabled and the game started to run "normal" (Load without locking the screen and Quick Save).

No, SoD is okay! on BG1 the Dorn is with a weird bug. I tell him to walk from corner to corner, and he takes a few steps and as if interrupted or something similar, in practice everyone goes walking and he stops (after a few steps), what can this be?

Similar to this 2017 bug, what should I do?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65142/dorn-not-walking-bug-spoilers
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64410/bug-dorn-suddenly-can-walk-only-few-meters-and-stops-whatever-i-order-him-to-do
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Arcanjo Try entering this command in the console:
    C:SetGlobal("kryll_conv","GLOBAL",2)
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovArcanjo
    edited August 2018

@Arcanjo Try entering this command in the console:
    C:SetGlobal("kryll_conv","GLOBAL",2)

How do I activate the Console?
    ^^
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/8317/how-to-customize-your-game/p1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714