Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android BGEE

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, shall have a look with the changes.

I was playing around with the Sharman ealier trying to following the sequence used. They use a Bard Song to initiate, so I am sure that in the end, we will be able to change the spirit to something else (casting Luck).

What is broken with the spell? It just doesn't work or there is conflict with the dialog.tlk?

I also hope for an abundant crop. They have done well in the past! They make for excellent eating, Jams, Chutneys and plonk! Nothing like fresh fruit straight of the tree. Still yet to make wine with the Grapes (&^^#$ &^%$ bird *&$%* strikes) but we have a plan in place.

I note an update of the Shadow Magic mod, so I shall put it in for the next reload.
    Gus

Xhoblaim
  • XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @Gusinda Haha damn birds! Yes, there's nothing better :smiley: Got battle plans rdy? LMAO good. Attaaaaaaaaack! Haha

The spell for the most part works... But when it comes time for the spell to end, that's where the problems arise. It lasts incredibly long, to the point where you think it glitched. Any attempt to cancel the spell early results in the character looking like he's gonna make the attempt..then jus stands there. You will see once you cast it.. I imagine it's not working completely bcuz of .tlk conflicts. I don't use the spell (mainly for that reason) so it's no biggie.. I jus wanna use that animation lol. It's too cool to go to waste.

Hope the shaman thing works out, sounds promising :wink:
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda what's up? Hope the grapevines didn't get ya lol. hows it comin?
    @Xhoblaim, not too bad. Haven't got to the grape vines yet. Just finished the fruit trees and about to spray them. Vines are the next target...

Have reinstalled the package with the updated Shadow Magic and changed the animation for Shadeskin to that of Dark Passage (the three arrows). I have also changed the critter being called forth by the Sharman Dance (still a little bit if testing to go as it takles a while for the Shade to disappear once the dance stops). I have just put together a Sharman to test and haven't yet touched Valen's class.

I will upload the package later tonight...
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Nice! So are these personal grows or you a big time farmer? :smiley:

Later tonight? Cool, I've no idea what time it is there so I'll assume tomorrow lol. Lookin forward to the goodies..
    edited August 2018
    @Xhoblaim, just personal but we have enough to enjoy a good crop, we have a couple of apples, apricots, nectarines, plums, cherries, and single olive, lemon, orange, mandarine, passionfruit vine and a pompegranite bush (seems a lot when you write it down). We also have a productive veggie garden of ten beds (prepping those after the grapevines) to keep us busy during the spring/summer months.

Here are some things to check. The animation for the Shadeskin spell and the Sharman Dance. I only changed the Level 6 summons (all to the Shadow Fiend) at this stage but it gives you the idea. You can then work on what you want... I was also working the Fireball spell but lost it all when I reinstalled the update for Shadow Magic. Oh well, next time.

Hopefully it plays as you want
    Gus

Edit: Just realised that I forgot to set the folder name back when I zipped them. You will end up with an override folder and an override2 folder when you unpack. Just move the contents of the override2 folder into the override folder and you will be fine... You can then delete the override2 folder (it should be empty).
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda lol I tested the shadeskin and when you apply the buff, the bubble appears, but when you walk away it stays LMAO. The shaman ability seems to work fine.

I'm kind stuck tho.. if we make Valen a shaman base (for the class ability), he can't backstab..
    But if I make him a shadowdancer, no shaman ability. Is it even possible to make him a shadowdancer with that shaman ability? Like, hack wise lol.
    @Xhoblaim, that is funny. I just cast the spell and it checked to see if the animation changed. Will see what would need to be done to make it move with the caster. If it doesn't work, I will reset it back to the normal animation...

I would be with you about changing class (I am all for the rogue class). However, there is a code to add backstab effect, but I have never tried to see if it works (particularly on non-thief class). I will give it a bash. I think it would be difficult (without coding) to give a Shadowdancer the Bard Song though. Might be able to make it a spell which could end up in one of the quickspell slots?

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda I see, sounds troublesome to make the shaman skill happen. Sounds better to add it to the skill list, will have to drop the instant summon of shadows spell. Let's try that, see how it works :smiley:
    Hi @Xhoblaim, tried to add as innate/spell but no success... I think that it is because it is a Bard Song and requires an active icon to cast properly and hold. With either spell, you can see it cast but nothing follows.

Also couldn't get the animation to follow the caster either for the stoneskin :'(

Haven't had time to add the backstab to a Sharman so that is next. I doubt though if the other thief skills would transfer (like Traps if you use them). It may not show in the charcter record but it should show in the hit notes.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, tried the backstab on a Sharman and it works fine. As mentioned, you don't see the skill in the Character Record but you do see the effect on the damage statement in the dialogue box.

The other skills don't transfer, so you will need some means of invisibility (item or spell)...
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Hmm, how about the cast animation? There's a lil swirl of darkness when he casts a spell, maybe that could work? I think the shadow walk ability would be good and if the shaman is able to backstab, perfect... I tend to abuse other instant hide methods lol.
    @Xhoblaim, don't think so. The animation would also need to change your state so that you can't be seen. I tried Shadowwalk but it didn't work either. You don't seem to stay invisible long enough. Tried Sanctuary as well to no avail. Works fine with Ring of Invisibility (so I also expect the spell to work).

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    Hi @Xhoblaim, finished off my grapevines today. Much happier, that is the time sensitive stuff out of the way... Just to let you know, I will be away from my main PC in about two weeks time. This means I wont have access to my modding config for at least three weeks after that.

Where were we with this? I know there is another update for Shadow Magic.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Nice, that's cool man. We were trying to get spells from shadow magic goin but failed, maybe a better chance with the update? That's about it really, till I get to a PC.
    @Xhoblaim, no worries. I will upload a new version this arvo and see how that goes.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    Hi @Xhoblaim, here is the updated modfile with Shadow Magic 1.9.31. Also returned the Shadeskin animation back to normal. Seems no way (that I can see) to make the animation move around with the caster.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda No worries, thanks alot man!
    Oh, will this stuff work on IWD EE? Or will I need a PC like this one?
    @Xhoblaim, I am unsure with the new release (I don't own it on the Android Platform). Whispers have it that it should work fine. We can give it a bash when GoG updates (hopefully today or tomorrow) the PC version and I can create a small mod to try.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, OKay IWDEE has been updated on GoG. I made the modfile with only one mod in it (Shadow Magic). Give it a test and see if all the text shows as it should...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Awesome, works perfect!
    Now to see what mods work from the modfile for this.. or does this game have a whole new set?
    @Xhoblaim, it would need to be a new install of mods. Some individual files might work but it would be better to install for IWD rather than adapt BG2 across.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda I see.. guess I'll do some fishing.
    @Xhoblaim, did you want me to keep Shaow Magic in?

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda yessir :smiley:
    And any other npc, item, or spell mods you come across lol. Also, I think the rule changes will work here as well no? (Like multi protection items etc.)
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim
    For others that may be looking, I have move the request for the IWDEE modfile to here...

We will keep BG2EE modfile here and work on the IWDEE file there.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
  • MystreMystre Member Posts: 78
    Hello there!
    I've just updated BGEE to version 2.5. And now.. modding is impossible.. i've tried different walkthrough but doesn't. Either the game is working but i get a lot of text:invalidxxxxx, either the game crash when a spell is cast....
    Any clue how to mod the game in the new version? I already finish the vanilla game and thousand time.. and now the only pleasure with this game is to play it with mods...

Thanks all! :-)
    @Mystre, I have answered in the Modding Android discussion, and will now add to that based on your above text.

Gus
    edited September 2018
    Disregard