Skip to content

Anyone have characters they gravitate toward?

124»

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited March 2017
    I gravitate to druids predominately, and militant druids at that. The kinda character that that thinks real life ALF and ELF need some lessons on how to take on the naysayers.

That may go against the grain a little considering I'm in conflict management & resolution. So maybe it's a bit of my views as a militant(ish), guns rights supporting, non pacifist, vegan coming out in the game(but to each his/her own in the long run).

The TN type I tend to play can be in a good position to see both sides of the story. BUT, sometimes there are times you just know negotiations are over, and since it is in the role-playing game world of fantasy, these movie clips come to mind to this type of druid.

Fifth Element ending negotiations:
    youtube.com/watch?v=3oKwg6W05MU

LOTR stlye ending negotiations:
    youtube.com/watch?v=pbXNJMrBbF4

Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Aerakar[Deleted User]Blackraven
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    It used to be druids for me - tabletop, cRPGs - anything that allowed it. But now it's all about sorcery and fighter-mages because I really-really love melee mages (battle mages) and melee-Sorcerer exists only in variation of DD which is not always fitting to the story I want.

However, SoD added Shamans - druid type sorcerers. And smart modders already added some incredible kits to class. I feel like I am back to nature :)
    Vallmyr[Deleted User]AerakarSkatan
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited September 2017
    Lately I keep ending up with broody bad-boyish Rebalanced Wizard Slayers or big-mouthed, temperamental Barbarians.
    Aerakar[Deleted User]
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    ThacoBell said:

I have a recently awoken love of Druidic Bards. CONTROL NATURE WITH THE POWER OF ROCK!

I loovveeee the 1e bard that's like that. What CRPGs have such a thing though?
    ThacoBellAerakar[Deleted User]
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I have played all the classes, but I just seem to lose interest after a week or two unless I play a spellcaster, any type, arcane or divine, single or multiclassed.
    [Deleted User]
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2018
    I have a definite like for being a badass fighter chick in the front lines of combat. My two current Pathfinder characters are a Female Swashbuckler (based on Tiana Highrider of Reme) and a Female Aasimar Paladin, Oath Against Fiends named Maiwenn. Maiwenn has Wings and is also pretty darned kickass.
    [Deleted User]
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I tend to gravitate towards death and destruction.
    ArtonaAerakar[Deleted User]
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    In my PnP games I have always gravitated towards half orcs and dwarves. I've mostly been DM'ing in PnP but I occasionally run a character to present a main villain, or just to advance the story. Most of the half orcs i've used in PnP have been from the same bloodline, the Groshnak family, and tend to all be spellcasters of some sort, from druids to warlocks. A very atypical bunch that serve as either advisers or antagonists depending upon who i'm using at the time.

I almost always go with the same dwarf build, a 20 CON barbarian. Nothin fancy here.
    ZaghoulElrandirAerakar[Deleted User]
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    When I was younger in my teens I loved archer rangers. Possibly because of the Hunger Games and the seemingly coolness of archery. Half-elves were the typical pick.

A few years later that would shift to clerics and bards, and the short races of gnomes and halflings.

In the present the favorite is still gnome spellcasters and bards, or valiant, good aligned halflings. This is probably why Aerie and Mazzy are favorites.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    For many,many years I have played with mage and bard types , but since the last time I finished ToB with a mage and then with a bard I feel that it has come full circle. Right now Im playing with a female half orc barbarian, and it's been really cool to act quite differently from the previous stereotypes I used to work with .
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I'm a night elf mohawk.

Well.. recently i am hooked on Blackguards.
    Always played one in PnP.

Usually end up as some kind of Paladin, Ranger, Thief or Blackguard.

I guess thief is more of a necessity than anything.
    Almost every single thief char annoys me to no end in BG.. even Imoen, so i often end up taking that responsibility on charname.. FT, FMT, F->T etc..
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffaloSolider95BuffaloSolider95 Member Posts: 25
    I usually play Paladins, but I am not down with "law and order." I would love to play a proper chaotic good rogue, in a "Robin Hood" style campaign or a Spartacus campaign where we go around liberating slaves, looting from corrupt nobility and redistributing the wealth but there are very few games or DMs I've seen who want to do that kind of campaign.
    [Deleted User]
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    Druids and cleric-rangers are my thing.
    Right now I am in love with the alchemist class in pathfinder and the gnome artificer class of the NPC Aura of AionZ
    [Deleted User]
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I love druid type characters, but for some reason, just can't get through Baldur's Gate series with one.
    [Deleted User]
  • I tend fit right in the Fighter/Barb category, though I prefer the more intelligent and stoic Conan type Barbs. I find myself RPing those as I play thru pnp or games like bgee. That being said, Minsc is a favorite, just not his stats lol.
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    I love druid type characters, but for some reason, just can't get through Baldur's Gate series with one.

IWDification divine spells component makes this a lot less painful