Skip to content

Your favourite playable races

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited October 2015

scriver said:

It would certainly explain why the hell the ass of a guard pretends to not recognise you and won't let you back in the very morning after you left though.

It would also explain why Greywolf had such an attitude problem since people kept mistaking you for him
    That guy was really moody. :)
    lolienbooinyoureyesProont
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Humans because they are generally quite good and without major drawbacks. Tieflings are a close second.
    ProontKenji
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited October 2015
    She's just so annoying, all the time. If she weren't so useful as a Cleric/Wizard, I'd never use her. Honestly she reminds me of Krieger's Anime Bride.

Edited to remove gruesome comment.
    Post edited by the_spyder on
    batoorKamigoroshiProontKenji
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    I would have picked aasimar if they were a 5e core race (species).
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    WHAT?! I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO VOTE FOR HALFLINGS?! TRAVESTY!
    JuliusBorisovProontKenji
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Elrandir said:

Well, given that they're even smaller than gnomes it's not surprising halflings will always get overlooked. Even the smallest of races, such as grigs, will get repelled by their stinking feets.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Halflings are cool, but they are such wannabe Hobbits. Can't beat the real thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    VallmyrProont
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Elrandir said:

Well, given that they're even smaller than gnomes it's not surprising halflings will always get overlooked. Even the smallest of races, such as grigs, will get repelled by their stinking feets.
    I thought Gnomes were smaller than Halflings. And whats the difference between Gnomes and Halflings anyway?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457

Elrandir said:

I thought Gnomes were smaller than Halflings. And whats the difference between Gnomes and Halflings anyway?
    Well!
    In current D&D canon, halflings are very hobbit-y and are like tiny humans.

Gnomes, on the otherhand, are descendants from the Feywild and are inherently magical. Sort of like Faeries but without the wings. Bonuses to illusion magic, spell like abilities, and the ability to speak with small animals.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageAnduin
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Must be at the wrong forums. Dwarves out number elves? I remember back in the day it was the other way around.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Basically the main difference between halflings and gnomes is that halflings are awesome and gnomes are trite.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    scriver said:

Basically the main difference between halflings and gnomes is that halflings are awesome and gnomes are trite.

scriverElrandir
    There could be no better response :V
    Elrandir
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    TheElf said:

Halflings are cool, but they are such wannabe Hobbits. Can't beat the real thing.

One of the things I really liked about the Krynn setting was Kender. They were different enough from hobbits as to be playable in their own right, but still similar enough that you could have fun with them.

For me, I always had a difficult time with Halflings that weren't cute and noble. I prefer my 'Thieves' to be ambiguous and shifty. And I always hated the trope where halflings 'Pretended' to be children.

Still, Thorne is my favorite (halfling) thief, so I suppose I can give them some slack.
    Wandering_MinstrelShapiroKeatsDarkMageProont
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Elrandir said:

NWN2 made me dislike halflings for being too cheesy.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited October 2015
    Any 3 votes for Dragonborn? I don't think I have enough baby powder to smack 41 people!

@TheElf you do know that there were some Native American's that built their architecture cliff side, right?
  • DeathsilkDeathsilk Member Posts: 2
    Elf this, elf that but no one mentioned a MOTHER F***ING MINATURE!?!? Yeah beamdog they got Massive strength of 22 n constitution of 19 i believe... But they can not wear helmets... (Big horns) Add minatures and Lizardman... Idk what this dragonborn business is... And yes they are playable including with the lizard men after the peace treaty... it would look good with a shaman class too.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Now I wanna play a miniature minotaur...
    ThacoBellProont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Where's my option for Kobold?!
    ProontElrandirSkatan
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    So, my tastes have changed since 2015. Gnomes are way better than Elves for sure. Furry races are also my jam but those are rarely playable.
    ThacoBellShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Actually, I am currently playing an Aasimar Paladin in one Tabletop Game and a Human Swashbuckler in another. I am also in a Mage: The Awakened game playing a Silver Ladder Thyrsus Doctor named Ariana Silver.
    Proontscriver
    This still goes for me:
    scriver said:

In seriousness, I wouldn't be able to decide between humans, halflings, half-orcs and (pre-4e-) tieflings. But when I doubt, I always go halfling.

I do have a huge boner for planetouched races of all kinds though. Except 4-5th ed tieflings, because I am still a tiefling hipster ;)

(Also I still dislike Dragonborn to 200% and also everything else that came out of Dragonlance, particularly Kender, of course, they should just be put in a box in a closet and forgotten about for all time (and 5th ed had the audacity to claim that Kender is just Dragonlance halflings, I will never forgive them for this crime))