Skip to content

September 07 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello, everyone!

Missed our Friday livestream? Get on track about the Dice Camera Action! voice and portrait pack, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and Infinity Engine games with our quick recap!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/09/september-07-livestream-recap.html
StummvonBordwehrTorgrimmerThacoBellAerakar[Deleted User]

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    The voice and portrait pack will be English-only.

Disappointing.
    You should start investing some money on the localization side. The EEs lack of dubbing for foreign languages and that is a huge step behind the vanilla games.
    BelegCuthalionRaduzielTimbo0o0o0ThacoBell
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Glad that they answered my question about fragmentation. The answer was that “they aware of it and are looking into it”. That isn’t very descriptive but i didn’t ask them to be so that is fine.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    "The voice and portrait pack will have to be purchased for each of game separately."

That's good to know, because I sort of entertained a notion of buying it and you decided for me. Thanks. o:)
    modestvoltaRaduziel
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2018
    A new development build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is very close. It will contain the Road to 2.0 portraits, bug fixes, small toolset updates, and GOG features.
    Are we talking about the 3 portraits that were added in Baldur's Gate during 2.5 patch? If this is so, you have no idea how excited and grateful Iam about this!! :smiley:
    anastielJuliusBorisov
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    is there any idea of the value of audio dlc and portraits?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    New portraits, voice packs and models are all fine, but what I really want from NWN:EE is achievements.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2018
    What I really want for NWN is a decent pathfinding and FPC.

Edit: Also, can someone explain to me what is the big deal with 64 bits NWN?
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    I'm very excited to have won the portrait. But, it's Frith5, not Firth5. :smile:

-JFK (aka Frith5)
    AedanJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Raduziel said:

What I really want for NWN is a decent pathfinding and FPC.

Edit: Also, can someone explain to me what is the big deal with 64 bits NWN?

It is required for the Android and iOS ports. iOS already requires 64-bit code. Android will starting in August 2019. macOS is also starting the move to end 32-bit support.

In practical terms, 64-bit code allows for a bigger addressable memory space (32-bit is capped at 4 GB, although in practical terms, it is usually less due to reserved memory addresses, so user mode is limited to 2-3 GB).
    GreenWarlockJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrRaduziel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2018
    Heavyline said:

Are we talking about the 3 portraits that were added in Baldur's Gate during 2.5 patch? If this is so, you have no idea how excited and grateful Iam about this!! :smiley:

Yes, exactly those portraits!
    JFK said:

I'm very excited to have won the portrait. But, it's Frith5, not Firth5. :smile:

-JFK (aka Frith5)

Fixed! (I believe you were contacted already)
    Sceptenar said:

New portraits, voice packs and models are all fine, but what I really want from NWN:EE is achievements.

It wasn't included into the recap, but during the livestream it had been said: "Achievements are in progress".
    Torgrimmer
    @AstroBryGuy Thanks!
    AstroBryGuy
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    is there any possibility of also making wallpaper available in these new packages?
    Aedan
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited September 2018
    I am grateful for all of you at Beamdog gifting us with these portraits. I am looking forward to seeing all the bug fixes in the upcoming development build. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    It is not a gift if you have to pay for it.
    AedanlefreutContemplative_HamsterPrince_Raymond
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    There really needs to be one price - covers all games. It will make people happier and it won't cost anything. If so:
    People who play NWNEE will buy it , people who love IE and have bg1,2,iwd, pstee, sod, will also buy it.

If it costs for each game - people who play NWNEE will buy it, people who love IE and have bg1,2,iwd,pstee, sod, will not buy it.
    edited September 2018
    @Raduziel Ah, I see. Forgive my ignorance on that matter. I did not intend to create any confusion regarding the distribution of the Road to 2.0 Portrait Pack. Thank you for clarifying this. Still looking forward to all the bug fixes shipping with the dev build. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    @Prince_Raymond No need to be sorry. :smile:
    Prince_Raymond
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

@Raduziel Ah, I see. Forgive my ignorance on that matter. I did not intend to create any confusion regarding the distribution of the Road to 2.0 Portrait Pack. Thank you for clarifying this. Still looking forward to all the bug fixes shipping with the dev build. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

The distribution of the Road to 2.0 Portrait Pack is completely free. @Raduziel meant the Waffle Crew pack, although you mentioned the Road to 2.0 portraits.

The distribution of the Road to 2.0 Portrait Pack is completely free. @Raduziel meant the Waffle Crew pack, although you mentioned the Road to 2.0 portraits.
    Yup, I meant the Waffle Crew.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Aedan said:

The voice and portrait pack will be English-only.

Disappointing.
    You should start investing some money on the localization side. The EEs lack of dubbing for foreign languages and that is a huge step behind the vanilla games.

With all due respect, these are more akin to celebrity voice actors who I assume speak English only, so localizing them into another language which they don't speak defeats the purpose of the DLC.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Also, can Beamdog get involved in Twitch's partners program and get verified? I assume this would grow your audience and potential customer base as well:

https://www.twitch.tv/p/partners/

Raduziel said:

Yup, I meant the Waffle Crew.
    Yes, and I meant the Road to 2.0 Portrait Pack when I said "these" portraits, but didn't actually say "which" portraits. Lol
    Let me rephrase, I am grateful for the gift of this portrait pack released for a game I'm currently playing that originally shipped in a patch for a game I have yet to purchase. ;)

JuliusBorisovRaduziel
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited September 2018

With all due respect, these are more akin to celebrity voice actors who I assume speak English only, so localizing them into another language which they don't speak defeats the purpose of the DLC.

First, I would not call them "celebrities".
    Second, you clearly know very little or nothing about dubbing - no one expects them to record the sound sets in foreign languages, but they can easily hire a studio to do that, selecting a cast of good and well known VAs for the main languages.

The problem here is that Beamdog has never invested on localizations, which is a huge step behind the vanilla games. They keep depending on volunteers for translations and they do not dub new content in foreign languages. That's a fact.
    ThacoBellTimbo0o0o0
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Aedan said:

First, I would not call them "celebrities".

They are internet celebrities. HollyConrad for example have 261k twitter followers. This is probably more than all of beamdog twitter account combined.
    Aedan said:

Second, you clearly know very little or nothing about dubbing - no one expects them to record the sound sets in foreign languages, but they can easily hire a studio to do that, selecting a cast of good and well known VAs for the main languages.

I think the people that will buy this pack are fans so they are used to their voices. I don't think it's useful to do dubbing.
    Aedan said:

The problem here is that Beamdog has never invested on localizations, which is a huge step behind the vanilla games. They keep depending on volunteers for translations and they do not dub new content in foreign languages. That's a fact.

I agree with that. If they can spend money on localizations, they should start with translating the current game. BG2:EE and SoD are still not available in French for example. But like you said, it will probably never happen because nowadays it seems less and less devs care about localizations.