Skip to content

Hello

Nice to see the old NWN is still popular. I am considering purchasing your EE but I have one single question before I do so: did you fix the problem with the game running on multi-core CPUs? That's the only reason I don't play anymore so, if you haven't then...

well...
[Deleted User]

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly. @Nimran
    [Deleted User]
    and to answer your question is yes.
    Tresset[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    its fixed
    [Deleted User]
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Hello! Have a :cookie:!
    [Deleted User]
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Welcome to the forums!
    [Deleted User]
  • ghowriterghowriter Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for the welcome.
    [Deleted User]
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Yes it works fine on multicore cpu, even NWN does (if you experience any problem, you just need to edit the INI file to select 0 cores - so it uses 'zero cores beyond the first'). NWN was built to run on a single core cpu, but also on multi-core (the extra cores are just not needed since all the work is handled in a single core).
    Torgrimmer[Deleted User]
    My original NWN would not run on multi-core, ever. It glitched then crashed every time. I had to fiddle with imagecfg to force the exe to run single core. I got fed up with it so haven't played NWN is a LOOOOONG time. Never did finish any of campaigns in that.
    If you set the CPU Affiliation to -1 or -2 it will work fine.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Welcome to the forums!
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    GM_ODA said:

If you set the CPU Affiliation to -1 or -2 it will work fine.

Indeed, works every time. But have to do it every time too. Too annoying. Part of the reason I stopped playing NWN.
    GM_ODA said:

Yes it works fine on multicore cpu, even NWN does (if you experience any problem, you just need to edit the INI file to select 0 cores - so it uses 'zero cores beyond the first'). NWN was built to run on a single core cpu, but also on multi-core (the extra cores are just not needed since all the work is handled in a single core).

Never worked for me. Always had to set affinity as stated above. Talk about annoying.
    *shrugs* I'm happy EE fixed it for you.
    GM_ODA said:

*shrugs* I'm happy EE fixed it for you.

same, though I miss PRc 2.2
    I learned most of my modding from reading their work
    Yeah, I'm uh done here. Feel free to delete, destroy, fine, imprison or whatever my account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    huh wha leaving?!?! Why?
    Shandyr wrote: »
    Man, that's sad.

I saw what happened on the other thread.
    Yes, it can happen to someone on this forum that they feel "wrongfully berated for nonsensical issues" by others.

However, as I see it, that can potentially happen on any forum.

What's more, have a look at this very thread here. Look, at how people welcome you as a new member to this community. Doesn't that count for anything?

In any case, my intention is not to change your mind. I wish you well and hope you will find the forum you are looking for. But in case you don't, we'd always welcome you back here.

On this forum, accounts don't get deleted except in cases of severe Site Rules violations. So your account will always be here should you decide to give us another chance one day.

Farewell and good luck!

go figure, i have returned... how did you know?
    JuliusBorisov
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Welcome back! :)
    JuliusBorisov
    here again for my yearly visit; anyone have the link to the HotU remake being done in NWN2? I's like to check the progress but lost the link.