Skip to content

The Great Big Somewhat Large Forum Scrapbook!

Comments

• voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited September 2018
    Seriously hulu...

Post edited by voidofopinion on
    Zaghoul
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @voidofopinion My friend Anne's cat Midge had a weirdly cleft palate that enabled her to speak so much like a human, it was frankly startling. One night, I stayed at her place, and the next day Anne went to work and after she left Midge went looking for her, Meowing. And then the Mow turned into Mooooom! Mooom! I sat straight up on the couch I was sleeping on, and she said, "Hewoah? Woow." (i.e. Hello, wow!)

I think my jaw just about hit the floor. She also had a SUPER LOUD purr that sounded like a garbage truck engine. Not forgettable when she did it at 5AM on top of your head. She also weighed 21 pounds, so having her sit on your lap was... an experience.

Not as much as my friend Lisa Rogers' cat Kepler (aka Keppy). Kept weighed almost 28 pounds. He also liked to climb to the top of a bookcase under which I sat. He then jumped into my lap, landing on both my upper legs (on top of the bones) with both feet. I almost screamed in pain, but it was so painful, it knocked the breath from my lungs and I all I could do was gasp in pain for a good five minutes. I thought he'd broken both my upper leg bones. Thankfully, not, but it is an experience I would never care to repeat.. Never EVER.

I loved Keppy and his brother, Sylvester (aka Silly), and I will never forget either one... and the chair incident is the reason!
    Skatanvoidofopinion
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Sometimes I miss the connection sound from the modem when I still had to decide if I could go online or if I was going to need the phone soon... Then I remember what it was like to actually surf the web, cursing every page out there that used too many images and decide things are way better now :)

The Internet is now full of crazy and stupid with a touch of paranoia but it's actually funnier. I actually visit many insane pages just to check what is the latest fashion in crazy :wink:
    voidofopinion
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    My brother's girlfriend's family has a bunch of cats. The cats have real names that are normal, but the daughters of the family gave them nicknames based on each cat's personal traits and events in their lives: Fat, Noisy, Bitch, Toilet Brush, and Whack-a-Mole.
    voidofopinionThacoBell
    @LadyRhian
    She sounds incredible. Although I think I could do without the knee thing. That sounds truly and utterly painful. My left knee is messed up so just reading about a 28lb cat jumping at my knee from a great height with those little paws.

I winced in sympathy pain!

@mlnevese
    I will sing the dial up modem song when im alone and working on a computer.

:smiley:
    mlnevese
    @semiticgod
    That sounds mean! I hope she doesnt say that to their faces :(

@LadyRhian
    She sounds incredible. Although I think I could do without the knee thing. That sounds truly and utterly painful. My left knee is messed up so just reading about a 28lb cat jumping at my knee from a great height with those little paws.

I winced in sympathy pain!

@mlnevese
    I will sing the dial up modem song when im alone and working on a computer.

:smiley:

Do you get a connection? :smile:
    voidofopinion
    Once.

But my eyes started seeing the world one painfully long line at a time and I got a bit freaked out. So I disconnected by slamming a door AOL chat room style.
    mlneveseThacoBelllolien
    edited September 2018
    I have been really sick these past few days and lost the use of my voice.

So I have been miming everything like Socrates from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure while my wife translates for me.

ThacoBell

LadyRhianronaldoDev6
    Those are some truly classic beauties!

The Keep on the Borderlands really brings back some memories!
    ZaghoulmlneveseThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    I have all of those. I also have B1 Into the Unknown, in the original pale cover...
    voidofopinionThacoBellZaghoul
    I only have a scruffy print of 2nd edition PDB.

I lived a very transient life (including being homeless from 1998-2001) and I had to make sure my material possessions could fit into a single backpack.

But someone that PHB stayed with me.

Smells sooooooo bad.
    ThacoBellZaghoul
    I have just about everything from 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition D&D, along with the 25th Anniversary boxed set and many boxed sets.
    voidofopinionmlneveseThacoBellZaghoul
    That sounds like an amazing collection!

My first DM had this one room dedicated to D&D with everything 1st and 2nd edition. He had been building the same game world for 30 years so the NPC's and cities were amazingly rich.

...Then we spent 98.5% of our time killing monsters.

That was when I decided my DM style would be a completly improvised sandbox.

:D
    mlneveseThacoBellZaghoullolien
    LadyRhianmlnevese

mlneveseThacoBell

An improvement, certainly :)
    bob_vengvoidofopinion
    I think we need one of these...
    Dev6mlnevesesemiticgoddessvoidofopinion
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    But I'm allergic!
    mlnevesesemiticgoddessvoidofopinion
    It's all right. These are medicinal kittens :)
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessvoidofopinion
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

mlnevesevoidofopinion
    Or allergic to face huggers?

Because giant swollen head doesnt seem like it would enhance that situation in a positive manner.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    Take one and smoosh your face in it! ;)
    mlnevese
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @voidofopinion Good deal. :) That's always a nice bonus. When I went to college out of high school I ended up with over 120 credits spread out over 4 or 5 majors. When I went back 25 years later to finish my undergrad at another school I knew exactly what I wanted to take. It always felt good when I would make my case to deans, professors, and the registrar that I should get credit for something they did not count in the transfer. Man, some days my negotiating got me out of taking whole semesters of classes just from an hour or two of networking and 'sit-downs.'
    mlneveseThacoBelllolienvoidofopinion
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited September 2018
    I saw a dinosaur try and eat a cat last week.

Two of them were adorable the little one likes to flip on her back the moment there’s any contact and the big one just flaps her gums.
    At the moment I’m having back problems and I’ve been sleeping on the floor and waking up to the big girl lying on top of me but I don’t mind and fall back asleep. Then I wake up and shes in the covers curled up next to me which is fine. Then I wake up a third time and I’m just lying on the floor and she’s curled up in the covers all by herself.

My brother did warn me not to let her do it when she was a pup that could fit in my hand...but hell I don’t mind I still let her sit on my lap.
    ThacoBellmlneveseZaghoulvoidofopinion