Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Scourge said:

By the way, is there a spoiler button so I don't have to write [spoiler] [spoiler] each time ? I would love to just highlight the words, click spoiler, and then the two [spoiler] tags get added automatically.

The spoiler button is a dropdown within the format icon (button at the top of your post that looks like a reversed musical note).
    ScourgeWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I just copy and paste

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]

without the spaces and then drag and drop image files into the middle.
    GoturalScourge
    @Enuhal: Congratulations! If you give me a brief description for the run and links to the first and last posts, I'll add it to the Hall of Heroes.
    EnuhalGoturalAerakar
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited October 2018
    @Enuhal
    Congratulations!

1) Where did you read the stuff about the end-game battle? Can you post some links? I am curious.
    2) Are you supposed to kill Imoen? I never understood in Ascension if Imoen is supposed to turn into the slayer and then join you once again in the battle
    3) Can bodhi be turned by a good\evil cleric in Ascension? What about BG2 SOA, can you turn her?
    4) Why do you say Gromnir's death was unfortunate?
    5) Does anyone know which mod unlocks the new ending for Sarevok? (he joins you if you are evil and becomes your chosen one in addition of being a clergyman of your church)
    6) does anyone know of any mod that actually adds the cloak of balduran back into BG2?
    EnuhalGotural
    @Arthas: In BWS, there's a mod somewhere in the mix (I don't know where) that lets you bring certain items from BG1 into Chateau Irenicus, but I'm not sure if the Cloak of Balduran is one of those items. I heard that the cloak is supposed to transfer in certain versions of the game (maybe pre-EE?), but I don't really know if that's true.

As for EET, it's very easy to bring the cloak into SoA. After the final fight in SoD
    with Belhifet in Avernus,

when you get back to the castle basement, you can place all of your gear in one of the chests in the eastern room before going up the stairs. Then, after you escape Chateau Irenicus in SoA, you can travel all the way back north to Dragonspear Castle, enter the basement from atop the castle, and grab all of your gear from the same chest. EET is all included in the same game and you can access both BG1 and SoD areas while still playing SoA, so all of your stuff should still be there. This can severely affect the difficulty, though, if you bring lots of valuable gear into BG2, which you might not want. Arrows of Detonation, the Martyr's Morningstar, Durlag's Goblet, and various other items can do stuff that most BG2 items can't.

I think you might be able to do the same thing with BGT if you're not playing the EE games, but I don't know if that's true (and if you're not playing EE, do so; it reduces all loading times to basically zero).
    ArthasEnuhalGotural
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Enuhal: Hearty Congratulations
    EnuhalGoturalaldainCrevsDaak
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Oh, I'm unsure as to whether the current consensus is that the screenshots ought to be put into spoiler tags. It is not my preference but I'll respect the market standard :).