Skip to content

Introducing the NWN:EE Development branch

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited February 2018 in Technical Support
We heard you like betas for your betas. The Development beta branch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been opened from Friday.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/1654381705278992547
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    8161 In Tool-set Aribeth look total black texture and in-game looks like she got covered in cooking oil for wrestling (specular map issue). Not present in current version or version 8160
    JuliusBorisov
  • XilanthusXilanthus Member Posts: 14
    In Steam, you need a beta access code for the development branch.
    Where or How do I get this code?

edited March 2018
    Xilanthus said:

In Steam, you need a beta access code for the development branch.
    Where or How do I get this code?

That if it a closed beta, this is open so just select development and you good. Should be a download soon after you hit ok/close.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    NWN:EE Development Build 8163

The latest update to the Development build is here. Lots of exciting stuff here including re-enabling multiplayer for some premium modules. Enjoy!
    JFKShadowM
    NWN:EE Development Build 8168

Heya, Head Start and Development Branch testers! A new build is out.
    JFK
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2018
    NWN:EE Development Build 8169

New development build available.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2018
    Sizing bug of equipped weapons with SetObjectVisualTransform. Seem equipped item are not scaling properly. In the image below both creatures have been size to a 3 and there weapons to a 3. Seem the one on the right after casting a spell the equipped item scale to the proper amount or scale down (this all depends on the desired effect), but the non-caster creature equipped weapon does not change to the proper scale. Either way one of the weapons is not scaling to the proper amount and/or adjusting it size after a spell is casted by the holder.

@ShadowM Can you please file this bug on Redmine?
    @JuliusBorisov Sorry, was going to and got busy. It is up now.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited May 2018
    edited May 2018
    Can I get a download link to the new racialtype.2da for testing, I found a possible bug with custom racialtype.2da . For build 8172
    JuliusBorisov
    It's in ovr/ in the development download, @ShadowM
    ShadowM
  • TheCapuletTheCapulet Member Posts: 43
    Performance while panning camera got hammered in the latest build. Went from smooth handling, even under low FPS, to a twitching mess.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2018
    NWN:EE Development Build 8175

This build is the new and likely last release candidate for 1.75! We very much appreciate any feedback that comes in from the community.

Please try to break this build, and if you are adventurous, even update your server. Let us know if you run into any issues on the usual channels.
    edited June 2018
    edited July 2018
    NWN:EE Development Build 8179

The Intel bug fix!
    pscythe
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Hello; I have a quick question. Is there some place other then Steam where I can check out the development build updates? I'm not much of a Steam user, been out there a few times and got lost trying to work around the place. Now all the links seem to point to Steam as the only place we can be updated on the newest builds or patches for NWN-EE. I'm not even sure my Steam account is still usable. I know my BeamDog account works, and I used to see links in the BeamBlog every so often... now everything goes to Steam. Is there some simple way of keeping up with NWN-EE updates without trying to figure out how Steam wants to run me???
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    sure, use the Beamdog client and select dev build from the drop down.
    JuliusBorisovgrom56
    Only patch notes for stable patches are published at the BeamBlog.

Development build patch notes are published on Steam.

But the actual patches (both beta and stable) are available from the Beamdog Client and on Steam.
    grom56
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Thanks to you both, but I think I confused you. I'm thinking more of the patch notes not the patch it's self. I did know the patch would be on the client, and I am waiting for my DM's ok to install the newest patch, but I kind of enjoy reading the notes on what has been patched. Thanks for the replies though, very kind of ya.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited September 2018
    Neverwinter Nights: EE Development Build 8180 is now available in the Beamdog Client and on Steam!

It brings new Fixes, Features, and Fix-Tures, including 3 new player-selectable portraits: Heavyline, Skandii, and Lanteri!

Check out the full notes:

http://bit.ly/2xGigVU
    ShadowMzordren3742
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited September 2018
    I have run into a issue with custom content in dev 1880. When loading my test module where I test out changes on the witcher 2 models, all of the models are now invisible except for the grass models in the toolset. I do not know the full extent of everything that is wrong just yet,but I will do a bit more testing in the morning. But I can confirm it is the 1880 build, I have my steam version toolset running 1.76 and everything is fine. When loading on the beamdog client version that is 1880, I run Into this issue. I have tried deleting the module and remaking and re-adding the hak to the module with the same result.
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    JuliusBorisov
    @zordren3742 Please report it at support.baldursgate.com !
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited September 2018
    Will do, it is not a crash, so there are no files to upload and I am not 100% sure what is causing it other than the dev build, but in the future I will post bugs in the bug reports section.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Just wanted to post here that I have updated the description to the bug report regarding the attack bonus miscalculation issue I posted at support.baldursgate.com. Hopefully, no one @Beamdog finds it confusing. @JuliusBorisov If you get the chance, please give it a read-through. Let me know if there is anything you need me to clarify. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
    A new Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition development build is available in the Beamdog Client and on Steam!

Development build 8181 addresses a few community-found issues from the previous dev build.

Check out the full list of fixes.
    VivienneLzordren3742
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Development Build 8183 is out!

Check out the full list of fixes & features, including the return of Gamma functionality.

We'd like to thank all the volunteers who are testing NWSync and other NWN:EE features!
    Prince_Raymond