Skip to content

Can't get into Cloakwood Mine

I used the Tweak pack to open up Cloakwood early but now that I have reached Chapter 4 and I am trying to get onto the mine map it won't appear.

Can you guys help me out because my efforts to open the cheat console and move myself to AR1800 have ended in failure.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Have you tried 'opening up' the Cloakwood as if only the first area had just appeared on your map after you finished the bandit camp? In other words progress through the Cloakwood as you would normally, going to the correct edge of each map in turn until finally you get to the wyvern map and then try to exit that from the eastern edge of the map.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @dunbar
    Yes. That's basically what I did. I had only visited the edge of the first map before I finished the bandit camp. I've worked my way through map by map but once I get to the Wyvern Cave map I can't get any further.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I this an unmodded game?

I this an unmodded game?

No I used the Tweaks Anthology from Gibberlings 3 and I am guessing that the problem is caused by the fact that I installed the "Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp" tweak.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I this an unmodded game?

No I used the Tweaks Anthology from Gibberlings 3 and I am guessing that the problem is caused by the fact that I installed the "Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp" tweak.
    Might be. Please uninstall this component, and check again.
    @JuliusBorisov

Hi Julius I have uninstalled it but it makes no difference to the game. I'm still stuck on the Wyvern Cave map.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Save attached. Command is
    C:Eval('RevealAreaOnMap("AR1800")')
    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisov
    @Gate70

Thanks so much for that. I've got to say that I think it is an amazing service you guys provide. I really appreciate it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

@JuliusBorisov

Hi Julius I have uninstalled it but it makes no difference to the game. I'm still stuck on the Wyvern Cave map.

That's not a tweak you can install or uninstall mid-game. The tweak makes a change to the worldmap. Since a copy of the worldmap is stored in the saved game file, any mods that edit the worldmap must be installed before you start a new game.
    @Gate70

Sorry to bother you again but when I downloaded the save I discovered that the gem bag and ammo belt my character was carrying had both disappeared (they were both items from the Tweaks Anthology from Gibberlings 3). I'm not bothered about the ammo belt but the gem bag contained every gem my thief had managed to find as well as a number of magic items like the Sandthief's ring. Is there any way of getting the bag and its contents back?
    Try using your save and doing the console command yourself. Items may have disappeared as I don't have those mods installed - sorry for not noticing
    Gate70 said:

Try using your save and doing the console command yourself. Items may have disappeared as I don't have those mods installed - sorry for not noticing

I did try to do that before posting but I am playing on a Mac and I wasn't able to get the console to open. However, I will give it another go.

Thanks again for all your help.
    OK, try this amended in NearInfinity instead. I can't check it as the items would not show for me
    edited November 2018
    @Gate70

That worked! Seriously, I can't thank you enough for this. I'm playing my character as a jewel thief and that gem bag contains every single gem or piece of jewelry she has managed to steal so far.

Again, I am really impressed by the help you guys give. Thanks so much.
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    JuliusBorisov
  • ZealZeal Member Posts: 5
    Hi there, I have almost the same exact problem as Permidion_Stark. I unintentionally installed the reveal cloakwood mod to reveal only the first area, thought nothing, and proceeded through my playthrough without visiting it like normal. I entered it after clearing the bandit camp and reading the letters, proceeded to the Friendly Arm, then west to the first cloakwood zone. I tried to zone out in every direction but none of the areas will reveal themselves, nor does the mine appear on the map as grayed out. I uninstalled the mod, no dice. I installed it to reveal all cloakwood areas save for the mine, still no dice. I tried the console command above, and while it did work in revealing the mines, I can't reach the mines from zone one. I tried using the same command to reveal other cloakwood areas, but despite seeing "your map has been updated" in the chat, nothing appears on the world map. Is there anyway I can salvage this? I reaaaally don't want to reroll again. Running on windows 10, if that means anything.
    @Zeal Move to the appropriate area via the console.