Skip to content

Old School paper dolls are now broken...

2»

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @lefreut Well, very different indeed. Thanks!
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited July 2018
    Raduziel said:

Indeed. All the pictures I've shown are the Female Elf Cleric wearing Chain paperdoll, it's one of just 2 paper dolls I've been wanting (other being FEC Plate). A few others I like, but not enough to go through the work of this.

To show my closest to BG2 original again. I tried loading up a true original BG2 and duplicated it to the color with Shadowkeeper, but couldn't get a screenshot of it. The biggest difference is that the original BG2 helmet is as the helmet icon shows.

And this is the BG2EE/1PP/BG1 look by just taking the specific modded BAM out of the override directory, restoring the default.

Raduziel
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

Raduziel said:

Indeed. All the pictures I've shown are the Female Elf Cleric wearing Chain paperdoll, it's one of just 2 paper dolls I've been wanting (other being FEC Plate). A few others I like, but not enough to go through the work of this.

To show my closest to BG2 original again. I tried loading up a true original BG2 and duplicated it to the color with Shadowkeeper, but couldn't get a screenshot of it. The biggest difference is that the original BG2 helmet is as the helmet icon shows.

And this is the BG2EE/1PP/BG1 look by just taking the specific modded BAM out of the override directory, restoring the default.

Btw, any chance you can at least fix human, female Elf and male half orc paper dolls for me? That's the bare minimum I require. For the half orc please try to make him as subtly changed as possible (arm length etc lol) as I really love that paper doll XD
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    GarrusN7 said:

Btw, any chance you can at least fix human, female Elf and male half orc paper dolls for me? That's the bare minimum I require. For the half orc please try to make him as subtly changed as possible (arm length etc lol) as I really love that paper doll XD

I've started on a mod to automate the paperdoll alignments to any mix of EE/BG2 parts. It's working so far, I just need to determine the correct adjustments by race.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    kjeron said:

I've started on a mod to automate the paperdoll alignments to any mix of EE/BG2 parts. It's working so far, I just need to determine the correct adjustments by race.

Thank you for all the efforts! Greatly appreciated.
    But I wonder- is there anything preventing the old weapons/shield/helmet files to be converted as well? Why struggle to fit old dolls to EE weapon BAMs?
    Joan_Daro said:

But I wonder- is there anything preventing the old weapons/shield/helmet files to be converted as well? Why struggle to fit old dolls to EE weapon BAMs?

Converting them from PLT to BAM breaks their existing alignment (cannot explain why) not just with EE but also with each other, so I have to re-align them anyway.
    I initially aligned them with the EE weapons (as that was what I had installed at the time), so the extra work is aligning them with the BG2 helms/weapons/helmets.
    Once I know the alignment offsets, its a simple matter to automate it through weidu.
    EE helms will likely have to be mixed with BG2 helms, as their are fewer different BG2 helmet inventory animations than are in the EE. I think (not sure) the same applies to weapons.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    kjeron said:

Joan_Daro said:

Converting them from PLT to BAM breaks their existing alignment (cannot explain why) not just with EE but also with each other, so I have to re-align them anyway.
    I initially aligned them with the EE weapons (as that was what I had installed at the time), so the extra work is aligning them with the BG2 helms/weapons/helmets.
    Once I know the alignment offsets, its a simple matter to automate it through weidu.
    EE helms will likely have to be mixed with BG2 helms, as their are fewer different BG2 helmet inventory animations than are in the EE. I think (not sure) the same applies to weapons.
    So you're saying that you'll use the BG2EE weapons, then align the BG2 paperdolls to the weapons, then use and align (mostly BG2) helmets to the paperdolls?
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    kjeron said:

Yes the same applies to weapons. EE has all the new characters and missions and new magical weapons, like the Jade Fang, Ir'revrykal, etc. Most of them have unique appearances.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Fantastic, thanks for all your work on this. I hope others show you appreciation too. @JuliusBorisov I think kjeron should get a badge for this.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @fluke13 He already has the Helpful Badge, but he should get another one anyway. Maybe a Helpful Platinum Badge.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I heard legend of a fabled "Cleric" badge, but I don't think anyone has discovered it yet ;)
    edited July 2018
    Okay, this one should fix the offhand alignment see latest. Some of the EE appearances do not exactly match the BG2 hand shape, so they are a best fit.
    Post edited by kjeron on
    RaduzielJuliusBorisovJoan_Daro
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A badge delivered.
    Raduziel
    Thanks.

Again, let me know (with specifics) if you find any issues.
    JuliusBorisov
    kjeron said:

Thanks.

Again, let me know (with specifics) if you find any issues.

Female Elf, and probably gonna guess male too, have misaligned helmets to the left. In other words helmets lie more to the left than aligned properly.
    I think i found the issue, transposition of gender/class in the REGEXP, it should just be female elves that had the problem.
    Also made a few more alignment adjustments to specific human helmets, and vertical adjustment to elven helms (circlets were making them look like cyclops).
    RaduzielJuliusBorisov
    edited July 2018
    kjeron said:

I think i found the issue, transposition of gender/class in the REGEXP, it should just be female elves that had the problem.
    Also made a few more alignment adjustments to specific human helmets, and vertical adjustment to elven helms (circlets were making them look like cyclops).

No change to helmets on females?
    Because I checked and female Elves still got same issue.

Also, I'm using the overload folder and not install just pushing the info there
    GarrusN7 said:

They aren't going to have the correct alignment if you don't install it, it's not a dump mod.
    JuliusBorisov
    kjeron said:

GarrusN7 said:

They aren't going to have the correct alignment if you don't install it, it's not a dump mod.
    Oh well, then it's kind of pointless, lol. Not like I can install any mods on Android. Not that I should have the need for installing paperdolls. Either way thanks for the effort.
    GarrusN7 said:

Not like I can install any mods on Android.

I can create a dump if that's your only option.
    GarrusN7 said:

Not that I should have the need for installing paperdolls.

Meh, installs more often keep the mod's filesize down, so it's generally my preference.
    JuliusBorisovflauros
    kjeron said:

GarrusN7 said:

Not like I can install any mods on Android.

I can create a dump if that's your only option.
    GarrusN7 said:

Not that I should have the need for installing paperdolls.

Meh, installs more often keep the mod's filesize down, so it's generally my preference.
    Well that deserves respect. I love how it looks now. I might keep in touch tho, since I haven't seen all dolls yet, however what I'm seeing rn is a work of art.

And sorry about my rude demeanor recently, had seriously bad month and it kind of bounced off on everything else (OSRS on Android calmed me down tho). Nevertheless, thank you very much for your work. It will be hard to adjust to new dolls tho, haha. He way the winged helmet lies on Jaheira seriously makes it feel weird XD
    JuliusBorisovfluke13
  • flaurosflauros Member Posts: 2
    @kjeron
    Thank you so much for this :)
    fluke13
  • bon003bon003 Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2018
    Yea !
    Finally i waiting almost 1.5 year to get rid of this ugly green cube, because new EE "paperdolls" is this same ugly like a this green square - new paperdolls womens look like transvestite stfu...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ovQ7EAPywjs
    Thx so much bro old paperdolls rulez !
    Post edited by bon003 on
    JuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    lefreut wrote: »
    @Raduziel The enhanced edition uses the 1PP paperdolls which are based on the BG1 paperdolls. BG2 paperdolls are quite different.

BG2 vs BG2:EE:

I see why you prefer the BG2 paper dolls.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    While we're at the Necro'ing: Does anyone have any documentation about which precise features of 1PP were integrated into the EEs and which weren't?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    I think only the Smart Avatar component's functionality is missing from the EEs.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Having just gone hrough this thread I began to realise why people haven't been making more variety in paper dolls. It's obviously quite complex which is a shame as it would have been good to have been able to match them to your portrait.