Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded

14567810»

Comments

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 914
    downloaded, with many thanks!

• random_npcrandom_npc Member Posts: 2
    I tried installing this mod, and the setup-PST-UB-reloaded exe is in my game directory, but the mod doesn't work; when I start a new game Morte's dialogue is exactly the same. Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks.

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,667
    edited December 2018

It depends on what you have installed. The "install-everything" option won't add Morte's extended dialog. This is a deliberate choice. From the mod's readme:

Morte's original introduction contains many conversation branches that are repeated in future conversations by Morte or other characters. Moreover, at that point of the story it doesn't make sense to learn too much about those topics yet. Therefore only the second option will be included in the convenience component "All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components".

You can still install Morte's extended dialog if you choose to select each mod component individually.

random_npc
  • random_npcrandom_npc Member Posts: 2
    argent77 said:

It depends on what you have installed. The "install-everything" option won't add Morte's extended dialog. This is a deliberate choice. From the mod's readme:

Morte's original introduction contains many conversation branches that are repeated in future conversations by Morte or other characters. Moreover, at that point of the story it doesn't make sense to learn too much about those topics yet. Therefore only the second option will be included in the convenience component "All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components".

You can still install Morte's extended dialog if you choose to select each mod component individually.

Okay, thanks for clarifying this.

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 1,262
    people asked for that to be optional as it hurts the flow of the start of the game. most of what he tells you is redundant anyways as you get it later on after you leave/

New release: PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded v1.3

Changes:
    • Updated Russian translation (thanks @EugVVl )
    • Improved compatibility of Alu-fiend bestiary image with other mods
    • Replaced readme.txt by readme.html (English only)

AedanEugVVlGusindaMirak
  • Markus_RamikinMarkus_Ramikin Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2018
    bob_veng said:

a major historical reason for a minimal-intervention approach is fearing a bad reaction from some purist players who will say that it's not original content and that it's not what they want. this perspective is outdated, i don't think that these fundamentalists are around anymore

We're still alive and kicking, thank you very much. And at least some degree of this attitude was hardly rare - Qwinn's mods wouldn't have been the practically "canon" way of playing PS:T all these years except for how cautious and respectful he was in this matter; something worth keeping in mind.

Anyway, posting to add another datapoint to the report that Able-Ponder-Thought's research still seems to complete instantly; I can ask him for his results to both the Ravel topic and to the "my past incarnations" topic without even leaving the conversation when I first asked him to do the research, let alone waiting.

bob_veng

Anyway, posting to add another datapoint to the report that Able-Ponder-Thought's research still seems to complete instantly; I can ask him for his results to both the Ravel topic and to the "my past incarnations" topic without even leaving the conversation when I first asked him to do the research, let alone waiting.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

@Markus_Ramikin Regarding the Able-Ponder-Thought research issue, it looks like to be caused by a game bug that happens when the internal game timer value is too high. There is nothing I can do from my side to fix it.

New release: PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded v1.4

Changes:
    • Added Simplified Chinese translation (thanks Hindo's Doom and Mephisto Satan Devil)
    • Fixed a bug that may have caused installation to fail under certain circumstances

Aedanhook71GusindaMirak
14567810»