Skip to content

[MOD] PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded

Comments

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    downloaded, with many thanks!
  • random_npcrandom_npc Member Posts: 2
    I tried installing this mod, and the setup-PST-UB-reloaded exe is in my game directory, but the mod doesn't work; when I start a new game Morte's dialogue is exactly the same. Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited December 2018

It depends on what you have installed. The "install-everything" option won't add Morte's extended dialog. This is a deliberate choice. From the mod's readme:

Morte's original introduction contains many conversation branches that are repeated in future conversations by Morte or other characters. Moreover, at that point of the story it doesn't make sense to learn too much about those topics yet. Therefore only the second option will be included in the convenience component "All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components".

You can still install Morte's extended dialog if you choose to select each mod component individually.

random_npc
  • random_npcrandom_npc Member Posts: 2
    argent77 said:

It depends on what you have installed. The "install-everything" option won't add Morte's extended dialog. This is a deliberate choice. From the mod's readme:

Morte's original introduction contains many conversation branches that are repeated in future conversations by Morte or other characters. Moreover, at that point of the story it doesn't make sense to learn too much about those topics yet. Therefore only the second option will be included in the convenience component "All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components".

You can still install Morte's extended dialog if you choose to select each mod component individually.

Okay, thanks for clarifying this.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    people asked for that to be optional as it hurts the flow of the start of the game. most of what he tells you is redundant anyways as you get it later on after you leave/

New release: PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded v1.3

Changes:
    • Updated Russian translation (thanks @EugVVl )
    • Improved compatibility of Alu-fiend bestiary image with other mods
    • Replaced readme.txt by readme.html (English only)
    AedanEugVVlGusindaMiraStastny
  • Markus_RamikinMarkus_Ramikin Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2018
    bob_veng said:

a major historical reason for a minimal-intervention approach is fearing a bad reaction from some purist players who will say that it's not original content and that it's not what they want. this perspective is outdated, i don't think that these fundamentalists are around anymore

We're still alive and kicking, thank you very much. And at least some degree of this attitude was hardly rare - Qwinn's mods wouldn't have been the practically "canon" way of playing PS:T all these years except for how cautious and respectful he was in this matter; something worth keeping in mind.

Anyway, posting to add another datapoint to the report that Able-Ponder-Thought's research still seems to complete instantly; I can ask him for his results to both the Ravel topic and to the "my past incarnations" topic without even leaving the conversation when I first asked him to do the research, let alone waiting.
    bob_veng

Anyway, posting to add another datapoint to the report that Able-Ponder-Thought's research still seems to complete instantly; I can ask him for his results to both the Ravel topic and to the "my past incarnations" topic without even leaving the conversation when I first asked him to do the research, let alone waiting.

Thanks, I'll look into it.
    @Markus_Ramikin Regarding the Able-Ponder-Thought research issue, it looks like to be caused by a game bug that happens when the internal game timer value is too high. There is nothing I can do from my side to fix it.
  • FlacitoFlacito Member Posts: 2
    Can this be installed without having to start a new game?
    Flacito wrote: »
    Can this be installed without having to start a new game?

Basically, yes. You might not be able to see some changes if you already visited certain maps, talked to certain people or entered certain stores. But apart from that you can install the mod at any time.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    argent77 wrote: »
    thanks Mephisto Satan Devil

Sorry for the off-topic, but I laughed really hard with this.

On topic now:

Do you guys recommend this mod for someone who never played PST?

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Definitely.
    Raduziel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the new morte beginning dialogue does hurt pacing. thankfully in the recommended install it is not installed.
    Raduziel
  • poejjaferspoejjafers Member Posts: 33

Do the merchants still reset? The link to the biffing mod leads nowhere.

poejjafers wrote: »
    Do the merchants still reset? The link to the biffing mod leads nowhere.
    Yes, content may still reset. The game bug hasn't been fixed yet.

The biffing mod is hosted on SHS, which is currently down.

This is an alternate download location: https://github.com/vbigiani/generalized_biffing/archive/master.zip

It's the raw mod package though, which requires a few extra steps to make it usable:
    1. From the downloaded zip archive select the "generalized_biffing" folder, found inside the "generalized_biffing-master" folder, and unpack it to the game directory.
    2. Download the WeiDU package for your platform and unpack "weidu.exe" from the bin folder of the zip archive to the game directory. Rename the unpacked file to "setup-generalized_biffing.exe" afterwards.
      Alternatively you can create a copy of "setup-PST-UB-reloaded.exe" and rename it to "setup-generalized_biffing.exe" instead.
    hook71
  • BluddyBluddy Member Posts: 20
    Is Beamdog aware of this bug? How long will they let it sit around?
    Bluddy wrote: »
    Is Beamdog aware of this bug? How long will they let it sit around?

Only Beamdog knows. This bug has been reported shortly after the initial release of PST:EE, but hasn't been fixed in any of the last couple of game patches yet.
  • marhanmarhan Member Posts: 3
    Does this mod work on android? Any way to get it running?
  • marhanmarhan Member Posts: 3
    Ok, so I was able to apply the mod on my tablet but only without biffing. It works without it but I don't want to run into the maze bug. Anybody experienced it and can offer some advice?
    I don't know if the mobile versions of PSTEE contain this bug as well. Since they handle override content slightly differently (by using zip files) there is a chance that you won't encounter the maze bug.
  • LordDanteLordDante Member Posts: 3
    So sad that the cobblestone is still useless
  • BluddyBluddy Member Posts: 20
    I personally don't believe that Chris Avellone looked through these fixes and considered them non-essential, as Beamdog claims. There's too much fundamental stuff here that was clearly buggy in the original release.

BTW, @argent77, I believe qwinn also fixed the thieves hideout to make it an actual challenge. Was that included in the EE or is it here in this mode?
    Isewein
    Bluddy wrote: »
    BTW, @argent77, I believe qwinn also fixed the thieves hideout to make it an actual challenge. Was that included in the EE or is it here in this mode?
    You're probably talking about the component "Restored Alley of Dangerous Angles Thugs". It's included in this mod as well.
  • improbabileimprobabile Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 195
    edited April 2020
    @argent77

Hi.

I updated the Italian translation.

Here the files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uv6yezdv9grpen/UB italian.rar?dl=0
    Post edited by improbabile on
    argent77Gusinda
    @improbabile Thank you for the translation update! I'll add it to the mod.
    Aedan
  • dargoondargoon Member Posts: 7
    What is the fastest way to tell if the mod is working? I used EE Mod Setup Tool, and I can't tell if this mod is working. I have a bestiary entry for Annah, but it's really short. It might be because I haven't recruited her yet, but I don't know. I also talked to the Elyce girl and did her quest, but the wiki mentions her so I can't tell if what I did was vanilla.
    Mods for PST:EE usually work quite well together. I don't know of any mod conflicts for this game. If the mod installed fine then it should also work as expected.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    dargoon wrote: »
    What is the fastest way to tell if the mod is working? I used EE Mod Setup Tool, and I can't tell if this mod is working. I have a bestiary entry for Annah, but it's really short. It might be because I haven't recruited her yet, but I don't know. I also talked to the Elyce girl and did her quest, but the wiki mentions her so I can't tell if what I did was vanilla.

Yeah, bestiary entries for companions change after you recruit them.

Elyce's quest is added by UB.