Skip to content

Do you make the bed in the morning?

FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
You can elaborate if you'd like, eg the frequency or reason why.
  1. Do you make the bed in the morning?40 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%
[Deleted User]Zaghoullolien

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't tidy it up, but I do periodically adjust my bed because I use it as a chair, desk, and table as well as a bed. At any given time, I'll have several papers, a few books, and a bowl of cereal on my bed, as well as my current laptop, which usually sits on top of my older, deader laptop so it doesn't overheat on the blanket.
    FinneousPJProont
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    I sleep on top of a made bed under a loose blanket. About every month or so I have to reset the sheets for being pulled out over time and use.
    FinneousPJProontsarevok57
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    One less thing to expend energy and thought on, or two if ya count having to unmake before bed again.
    ThacoBellFinneousPJProont
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I fold back for the sheets for the same reason @typo_tilly mentioned.
    FinneousPJ[Deleted User]Proont
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Yup. Especially important when considering my current living condition and extra-small room I have :p
    FinneousPJ
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I live in a second-rented tiny studio apartment so I'm practically bound to the sofa since that takes up ~half of the entire area. So I just lie there, with my laptop on my lap, or on the sofa table, and when it's time for bed I just turn of the lights, and that's it. I have the sofa made as a sort of bed at all times, with a sheet and blanket. It looks messy as hell and I really don't recommend it. Bad feng shui.
    FinneousPJAerakarProont
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I also currently do not, but I feel like I should.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    No bed. Futon
    FinneousPJArdanisProont
    @LadyRhian Do you make the futon or perhaps fold it away?
    lolien
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    No. I have sheets, but iend to just pull them straight.
    FinneousPJProontlolien
    @LadyRhian You can vote no if you'd like o:)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I try to , but not that often.
    FinneousPJProont
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Sofa bed. Don't exactly get to choose whether to make it, lest I want to walk by the wall to cross the room.
    FinneousPJ
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    The wife and I are on different schedules so it's a little more complicated than "Just wake up and make the bed!"

I also worked at a ski lodge for a few years and have made a lifetime or two of beds so I feel I have leveled up that skill as much as I am going to.

So if the bed is unmade before one of us goes to bed then it will be made before the other gets into bed.

Otherwise, I'm livin' my damn life Linda!
    FinneousPJZaghoulProontlolien
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    No, it seems like a waste of time. The most I do is tuck the sheets back under the corners of the mattress when they come out.
    sarevok57FinneousPJZaghoul
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the only thing that stays made on my bed is the sheets, and then the 3 blankets and 8? or so pillows are just a maelstrom of choas spread all over the place, but seriously that bed, my bed is heaven, there is no struggle to sleep 12 hours on/in that pile of happiness, one of the best purchases of my life, can't wait to get back home next week to sleep in it again....
    ProontFinneousPJZaghoullolien