Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    (I was expecting it to say "Blinded." But "Get him!" also fits the situation. ;) )

Lol, looks like a bug I've got to fix
    OlvynChuruWise_Grimwald
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited January 2019

@Mantis37: Could you add links to the first and last posts of your run so people viewing the Hall can skip right to them?

The Hall of Heroes is for continuous saga runs with no reloads at any point between Candlekeep and the Throne of Bhaal. Restarting from Candlekeep and then completing the rest of the game without reloading is acceptable; restarting at Chateau Irenicus after dying in Spellhold would not qualify for the Hall. Siege of Dragonspear is optional by precedent, since many runs predated SoD, but I think it's an important part of the saga for the purposes of this challenge, since SoD is complex and roughly as difficult to beat no-reload as the rest of the saga. All of my saga runs thus far have been tetralogy runs with SoD.

My apologies, added some links.

Perhaps my opinion is an outlier but I do not regard SoD as being especially difficult- but then I almost never play solo and haven't tried insane level! Playing through it blind my first character perished when I discovered that if feared opponents got behind your lines in the camp battle everyone retreats & an explosion occurs in short order... I didn't do SoD this run as the procedure for modding the separate android app wasn't yet settled.
    Grond0
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Dreadnought has arrived in Irenicus' Dungeon along with Imoen and Jaheira and Minsc are also available.

However Artemis and Tenya are not there. :(

I am playing EET. Will I meet my other characters later, or do I have to import them?

This is my first EET run that has got this far.
    Blind_VisionaryFlashburnStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996

Dreadnought has arrived in Irenicus' Dungeon along with Imoen and Jaheira and Minsc are also available.

However Artemis and Tenya are not there. :(

I am playing EET. Will I meet my other characters later, or do I have to import them?

This is my first EET run that has got this far.

@Wise_Grimwald only player characters are imported to Irenicus' dungeon. Aren't Artemis and Tenya NPCs? Or is EET like BGT? Even if NPCs were supposed to go to Irenicus' dungeon, I suspect only those that came with EET would transfer, and not modded NPCs. Perhaps someone with more knowledge with EET can give their feedback on this.
    @Corey_Russell @Grond0 Thanks for the helpful information regarding EET.

I'm wondering if it is ethical to import BG1 NPCs into my SoA game for a no reloads game. I know that it is possible to do it if I open my game in Multiplayer mode. I have become quite attached to Tenya even if she is a little brat. :D
    Blackraven
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    @Wise_Grimwald Go for it! Nothing unethical about it.
    BlackravenStummvonBordwehrGrond0CrevsDaak
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Grond0 said:

@Blackraven my memory might be playing tricks again, but I thought Korlasz came buffed with protection from fire even in vanilla - as a result I tend to use the Ring of Energy on her, that reliably hits through her buffs and mirrors. Possibly you're used to shooting her with a dispelling arrow before using flamestrike?

That is indeed quite possible. I've always been a fond user of arrows of dispelling but in my current install they are so rare that I no longer even think of using the few I have.
    Grond0Wise_Grimwald
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Hard luck Grond0.

@Blackraven On an 8 inch tablet actually, but I suppose it still fits in my capacious pockets! Never easy but surprising what one can get used to :).
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
    Sadly my installation has broken at the beginning of SoA. When it crashed the Baldur.exe file disappeared. :( I will therefore have to do a new EET installation so it will be some time before I start playing again.

On the plus side I have discovered that it is just as well that Jarlaxle died in SoD as the prologue to SoA has him resurrected and creating the Region of Terror.

Let's hope that I can get Dreadnought up and running in Amn some time in the coming week. At least he finished SoD and had hardly started SoA. A good place for the problem to occur. Only problem is that with the sites that supply the mods being down, up to date versions of the mods won't be available.
    StummvonBordwehrBlackraven
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @OlvynChuru
    Imoen's stuff is in the top room of the Ducal Palace where your stuff is, in the dresser in the bottom left corner.
    Wise_Grimwald