Skip to content

Dumb Ideas Thread

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    47. All merchants should sell bananas so that assassins can use them in fruit traps.
    48. Jesters should be able to use banana skins as a form of Grease spell.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited October 2018
    48 alternate one. for 2 rounds after the banana trap is used all the people in the AoE, large as the one of skull trap, must roll with a bonus of 2 to avoid to slid on the banana peel and be slowed. not party friendly.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Looks like I've unleased the power of banana. And Banana Power (Acai with banana) happens to be my favourite soft drink.

How about a banana grenade, like Worms 2 :#
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited October 2018

49. Bananas can be used as thrown weapons.

there is actually a throwing banana in the game.
    you find it in the "boards o' magik item pack" mod, and is a wooden throwing and returning weapon that heals 10HP instead of damaging.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/bomip-docs/index.html
    see the bows, darts and projectiles section.
    :D

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    What if we gave the Doom Guards in Baldur's Gate 1 a battle cry? Let's have them shout,

For the Doom Guard, I STRIIIIKE A BLOW!
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    50. Throwable shields and returning throwable shields with high chance of stunning the target on hit
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    51. Walk Mans (TM) that you can equip in your quick slot.

At your sweet sixten, old man Gorian gives you a dumb ass old Walk Man (the man takes lameness to new hights). But the gift grows on you. Cause now you can do your game without a bard - but still get to listen to some “rad minstrelling...”

Enter mixtapes/songs

Songs for bg1:
    Standard bard song 1
    Ballad of the three heroes

Songs for SoD:
    Tymoras melody
    Skald song 1

Songs for Bg2
    Skald song 2
    Bard song 2
    Jester song

Songs for ToB
    War chant of the sith
    Improved bard song

Getting mixtapes requires mini questing:
    For instance in BG1 you would have to help Poe by killing Karhk... so the quests arent easy - but the rewards are epic..
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    52. When you fight Irenicus at the Tree of Life the game should play YMCA as boss music, in order to give tribute to his amazing fashion sense.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    53. No naming your own Charname. You should only be allowed to choose from a drop-down menu of pre-selected names. These names should be from a list of popular TV and/or movie names (ie: Starlord, Captain Kirk, Scarlet Witch, Deadpool, Jon Snow, Melisandre, etc...).
    54. If you are playing a cleric every week you should have to compose a sermon extolling the benefits of worshiping your god.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    55. Triple wielding
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    JoenSo said:

55. Triple wielding

sword-chucks. (8-bit theatre)
    56. Chainsaws!

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Only if you dual wield that with a shotgun!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    57. dual welding (blow torches). +THAC0 vs plate/fullplate and the added ability to weld them so the opponent get stuck in their armor and cannot move. Save roll: Breath weapon.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    speaking of dumb ideas and tldr most of this thread, this reminds me of a team where i had an "awesome" idea for a play through and it cost me a computer desk.....

so, i had an idea for an IWD play through thinking; im amazing at IE games, i am all that is pro and apparently i like masochism so lets play a team at level one in HoF mode in IWD starting with 5 fighters and 1 swashbuckler, so we can all see where this is going....

so i had them set up as follows: 3 berserker holmes in melee to be the "main melee" fighters, 1 fighter in range with sling so when she hit level 13 she would dual over to a cleric, then stop at level 7, and wait until she had enough XP to hit level 14 then level her up again, then #5 slot was a swashbuckler ranged, and i believe i was going to hit level 20 before dualling over to fighter for more excellent ranged combat? then the last person the team was another fighter going ranged so then i could dual class her at level 13 into a wizerd and all that jazz

so with this in mind i turned on the double XP for harder encounters so i can get some quick easy level ups which i would direly need, since i will have no casters until level 13

so i did all the errand kuldahar quests and grew to level 2 or 3 and then the goblins south of town, that battle showed me what i was in for, but i persevered and made it to the orc cave, and holy crap did i EVER have to exploit that place, what i would do, is lure a group of baddies to outside the cave, have them wait there as i ran off to kuldahar to rest up ( more like have comas ) and go back and try and face off a small group of orcs

so using said exploit i think it took perhaps 2 game years to finish that cave off ( good thing hrothgar or whatever his name is wasn't in a hurry eh? )

anyway, so i was slowly progressing through the game, and luckily when i started growing up levels it was getting minutely easier, until i hit dragon's eye, oh god was that not fun, i got to the point where i could kill maybe 3 guys then had to leave the area have a coma and then go back, kill 3 more guys, coma, rinse lather repeat

if im not mistaken the time i finished that "hoard" battle on level 2 of dragon's eye my game days was in the 2200s or something

so anyways, with this being said i was slowly progressing through with the only potions i was using were healing potions and only the ones i found, never bought any, and exploiting and coma-ing my way until i finally hit the breaking point, the last battle in dragon's eye against demonic ass wipe, oiiiiiiiiii that was not fun

so here's the deal; up until this point the rule was no matter what happened in battle all participants MUST survive or else there will be a pressing of the mystical reload key ( another reason why this play through was brutal because no one was allowed to die )

so with this being said, starting around 10 PM at night i thought to myself; okay, this should only take maybe an hour of trying and once this fight is done, it will be bed time....

so attempt after attempt after attempt i tried winning this fight with no one dying, about 30 minutes in i had an attempt where only one dude was dead at the end, and i thought, meh, i can make it so everyone survives, and i now at this point have a level 7 cleric and a mage at whatever level, so i do have spell casting...

so HOURS of attempts later, i finally make some head room here, im finally getting ahead, and the battle is coming right down to the wire, and everyone is surviving to say the least, and now its just the marileth by herself, and all looks like its going to be good, and at the last second, just before i was about to win with all members surviving, i can see the victory arrow flying through the air aiming right for the marileth and thinking of the parade these chums will have for having everyone survive, and in that moment, the marileth still had a half second of actions left, and was able to land a spiteful blow on my top guy and take him down with her

after 6 hours of trying and getting sooooo damn close i unintentionally actived "Sarevok57 smash mode" and -accidentally- smashed my keyboard tray on my desk, and i learned something that day... and that lesson was; not to do that, because after the keyboard tray smashed to the ground all these little ball bearings went flying all over the place making it impossible to fix said keyboard tray, which didn't help the situation because now i was even more "happy" that i took the metal pieces from the tray and started bending them into almost little metal balls because of my fit, ah good times, as i type this i am laughing to myself thinking; ah vidgeo gaimes, its amazing what they can do to ya haha

so anyways after that ordeal was done it was around 4 in the morning, and i said to myself: that's it, im done, im going to bed, F this noise i will never play this game again, and indeed i did not play IWD for like a year and a half after that moment, and to this day i still possess my "replace tray" although i have new desk now ( one that i will NOT smash since its made out of glass ) but the dinner tray stays as a reminder of one of the dumbest play through ideas i have ever had :)
    lroumen said:

Only if you dual wield that with a shotgun!

FYI: Shotguns and chainsaws are all I ever used in the original Doom. I loved the sound of the shotgun reloading. It was awesome!
    58. If you leave your familiar in your backpack for longer than a day it suffocates and dies.
  • McGollumMcGollum Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2021
    • Animated Shield Bash, so a buckler +2 does the proper 1d4+2 damage, a round shield +3 does the proper 1d6+3 damage & so on...
    • Official thanks to the Gibberlings. Just, as if their help would be appreciated by all.
    • Better voiceovers, no need to pretend that freaky crap was more than a middlefinger to a certain person.
    • Mindflayers as player race..? `Not again!´ ;)
    • With one-third of the customers playing the game on their smartphones aka cell-phones: How about a touchscreen sized GUI instead of expecting mouse-clicks? As if Windows 95 is finally done with. *cough*
    edited September 2021
    I've got one. How about letting bards, thieves and monks wear a helmet? There are plenty of helms that allow a person to see without obstruction. If a helmet is the only thing standing between me and a crit, I'm sure I'd find one that allows protection and the use of my observation skills...

Edit: OSHA would have major problems with me not wearing the proper PPE (personal protection equipment). ?
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    I've got one. How about letting bards, thieves and monks wear a helmet? There are plenty of helms that allow a person to see without obstruction. If a helmet is the only thing standing between me and a crit, I'm sure I'd find one that allows protection and the use of my observation skills...

Edit: OSHA would have major problems with me not wearing the proper PPE (personal protection equipment). ?

Perhaps let them break after absorbing 1 crit to represent their lesser protection versus full size helms?
    65. If you keep your familiar in your back pack it drinks any potions you store there.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Addendum:
    All chaotic, evil familiars, and neutral will drink any potions placed in bag automatically. Lawful familiars need to be given permission periodically or they will starve in the player's backpack.
    Incidentally, all of the neutral familiars can pickpocket and use potions and/or quickslot items (including wands!). The only caveat is that once you put your familiar back into your pack, it immediately unloads all of the items into your inventory and flags them as 'stolen' so they can't be stolen again. Still, could be useful in a solo run. Imagine a cat wielding a wand of fireballs!
  • McGollumMcGollum Member Posts: 22
    Beamdog's very own banana-cult came into existence here..? ;) Enjoy!