Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Kilivitz Yeah, nothing conclusive unfortunately. TBH, I wouldn't blame you in the least for believing that link you gave. I am satisfied based on what I have been told, and some little kernels of logic I have pieced together, but I realize that is hardly enough for the general public to believe. I don't want to go too far off topic in such an important thread as this anyway.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I have a question regarding patch 2.6 @JuliusBorisov . I'm in the middle of a playthrough, and I played BG1 & SOD using patch 2.3 and am now playing BG2 using patch 2.5. I must say pathfinding is noticeably worse in patch 2.5 compared to 2.3. My companions keep getting stuck a lot, mostly with each other.

So my question is, are there any pathfinding improvements coming up with patch 2.6 ?  To be honest, just reverting it to the way it is on 2.3 would be enough for me.
    TorgrimmerlefreutFlashburnrealshemp
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited February 2019
    Isn’t it the case that Enhanced Path Finding is disabled by default and search nodes set to 32,000 by default? Enabling the former should improve stuff quite a bit, and search nodes can go up to 400,000.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Isn’t it the case that Enhanced Path Finding is disabled by default and search nodes set to 32,000 by default? Enabling the former should improve stuff quite a bit, and search nodes can go up to 400,000.
    Neither of these are in the options screen, though?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited February 2019
    Thels said:
    Neither of these are in the options screen, though?
    most likely changes to be done to baldur.ini
    Post edited by Aranthys on
  • primerprimer Member Posts: 1
    Could you please comment on the progress of the iOS port of NWN?
    Torgrimmeranastiel
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Jade Empire is new game for Beamdog?
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    Could you do vlog in the studios and maybe show some secret stuff?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    batoor said:

Can you make some items from SoD available scattered throughout BG2/ToB?(new shopkeepers, monster, dungeon loot)
    This is already partially the case. A total of 13 items from SoD have been added to BG2EE:

The Circlet of Lost Souls and the Heart of the Mountain should always be there. The other items will only be there if you carried them with you when you transferred your party from SoD to BG2EE.

Torgrimmer
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    With 2.6 introducing new vendor.

Are there any insights on what kind of new items are you thinking about? Anything fun along the lines of unique abilities like the one on the Bard Hat. 
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Now that Alveus Malcanter is going to be in BG1/SoD i wonder if there going to add an easter egg for those that have Baeloth in there party?
    [Deleted User]
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    I have another question:
    Is the console port the announcement Trent wanted to do that got postponed?
    Or is there still something else waiting in the wings? =D
    BelegCuthalionMokonakanisatha
  • SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 33
    Was wondering this too. As much as I love the idea of Baldur's Gate & company coming to consoles, I hope it doesn't mean Beamdog won't be working on any new projects for a while.
    realshemp
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    Arcanis wrote: »
    I have another question:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/02/beamdog-partners-with-skybound-games.html
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @kanisatha My bad, I have misread @Arcanis question.

@JuliusBorisov I must admit one thing - though I never watch the live streams I every Friday/Saturday checked http://blog.beamdog.com/ and carefully read every live stream recap. But not there is no point to check http://blog.beamdog.com/ because I cannot expect news there regularly. Is there possible that every week or every two weeks will there be Beamdog news recap + questions from this thread answered?
    AndreaColombo
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Torgrimmer wrote: »
    kanisatha wrote: »
    Hadar wrote: »
    Arcanis wrote: »
    I have another question:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/02/beamdog-partners-with-skybound-games.html

Don't see how this answers the question, which I also would like to see answered because I have previously argued that the big "announcement" would indeed end up being something akin to this.

It does answer the question clearly if you know gaming and business. If you read the blog it states Beamdog is partnering with another publisher. This mean, more money, profit, projects, and GAMES. Please look at the big picture and not at the intimidate here and no, Trent is looking at the company in long term not one project, you want a game now he wants stable marketing strategy production for the next 3-5 yrs. That survival Not one game, not next year. "end of rand"

I went and reread the announcement, but still can't see how that post answers the question.
    A while back (forgot the exact date) Trent planend to make a big announcement, but circumstances forced him to postpone the announcement and he instead announced the IE DLC.

My question was if the announcement that got postponed was the console port or if those are two different announcements. (Something I still wonder)
    MiraStastnyThacoBellrealshemp
  • SciilanSciilan Member Posts: 1
    As you are heading over to support consoles, and you already are available on android.
    Can you please update android games to be allowed on android Tv, especially the Nvidia shield as a personal option?

Big screen and mobile controll (custom or via the mouse option nvidia remote app )

:smile: just wishfull thinking
    lolienSherincallStummvonBordwehr
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    Question at Beamdog:

since you probably have to create a new and controller-friendly version of the UI for consoles, would it be possible to make it available for PC gamers as an option?

I'm already playing EE titles with a steam controller and laptop hooked up to my TV. It's fun and works okish but far from perfect... A proper controller UI would be awesome.

Thanks!
    SkatanSteveRogers41
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited February 2019
    Question at Beamdog:

When are we getting the next dev./stable patch for NWN EE? It been some time.

Request:
    Please include some more script functions like.
    Return the spell school of the target.
    int GetSpellSchool(object oTarget)

Function to return saving throw bonus / penalty by type of target nSave = SAVING_THROW_FORT, SAVING_THROW_WILL, SAVING_THROW_REFLEX
    nSaveType = SAVING_THROW_TYPE_MIND_SPELLS, other sub-types etc...
    int GetSavingThrowBonusPenalty(object oTarget, int nSave, int nSaveType)
    DerpCity
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Hadar wrote: »
    @kanisatha My bad, I have misread @Arcanis question.

@JuliusBorisov I must admit one thing - though I never watch the live streams I every Friday/Saturday checked http://blog.beamdog.com/ and carefully read every live stream recap. But not there is no point to check http://blog.beamdog.com/ because I cannot expect news there regularly. Is there possible that every week or every two weeks will there be Beamdog news recap + questions from this thread answered?

The plan was to post monthly updates on the blog, which would include answers to community questions along with all the studio news. I've passed the first group of questions to Luke, and answering 25 questions takes time.

Any idea when we will get the answers?