Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2019
    @Grond0, the Warders are easily enough to end anybody's run prematurely. Well done on escaping, and having the due caution not to return.

@Wise_Grimwald, I fully second @semiticgod on the Icewind Dale love. Nice work in the Vale. Did the Skeletal Mage and cronies give you any issues? I always find them troublesome: he has a tendency to blanket the place in Stinking Cloud, which his undead buddies are immune to...
    Post edited by Stromael on
    BlackravenGrond0CrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Don't let Firkraag kill you!! Many of my runs have ended there. :(
    Corey_RussellBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Don't let Firkraag kill you!! Many of my runs have ended there. :(

Indeed! Mine as well. He's much easier if you wait until after the Underdark to deal with him. We got a lot more levels to help with that. As well as some powerful summons and good weapons.
    Wise_GrimwaldBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Grond0 wrote: »
    I said in the last update I'd tried loading the autosave and Angelo and Diarmid still didn't spawn when talking to Sarevok.

Sorry I missed that. Am a poor reader during my commutes I think (which makes @Mantis37's no-reload achievement all the grander to me). Looks like you may have to re-install SCS then, or just wait for v32 (which in its current form still has some bugs of its own). Good luck with your next endeavor.
    Grond0Mantis37CharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • Flashburn wrote: »
    A Tale of Two Sorcerers
    BG1: 1, 2, 3, 4
    SoD: 1, 2
    SoA: 1, 2

Firkraag's dungeon is up next... I want Yin to have some Boots of Speed before doing any more high level stuff because it's a pain for only Yang to have them.

Yin - Shadow Disciple 26
    Yang - Dragon Disciple 26

Nice update brother.
    FlashburnBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Flashburn wrote: »
    The Nosferatu tome is on the demilich. It's extremely powerful, but that massive HP penalty makes it not worth it. One errant Power Word Stun and Yin could be toast while wielding it, and I know how much Glabrezus like to cast that spell.
    6z5lojrkzxs4.jpg

Hmm... a book called Nosferatu that can be used as a weapon by a dark mage to life drain people a limited number of times? Sounds like a reference to Fire Emblem.
    FlashburnCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Flashburn wrote: »
    The Nosferatu tome is on the demilich. It's extremely powerful, but that massive HP penalty makes it not worth it. One errant Power Word Stun and Yin could be toast while wielding it, and I know how much Glabrezus like to cast that spell.
    6z5lojrkzxs4.jpg

Hmm... a book called Nosferatu that can be used as a weapon by a dark mage to life drain people a limited number of times? Sounds like a reference to Fire Emblem.
    That's pretty cool! I've never played Fire Emblem before but a quick look on its wiki all but confirms that you're right. Here's what it looks like when you attack with it.
    i70013gcr54h.jpg
    CharlestonianTemplarOlvynChuruCrevsDaak