Skip to content

Beamdog Announces Axis & Allies Online!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
We're thrilled to announce our latest project Axis & Allies Online!

Axis & Allies Online is an official adaptation of Axis & Allies 1942, Second Edition: a tabletop classic beloved by history buffs and strategy gamers around the globe! Check out the teaser trailer:

“Growing up, I had two favourite games, Dungeons & Dragons and Axis & Allies. As a long-time Axis & Allies player, I’m excited to be able to recreate this classic game for other avid fans— and for new online audiences. Axis & Allies Online captures the tactics and friendly rivalry of the board game with a few key differences: there’s no setup or cleanup, and you can’t flip the table when you’re losing.” ~ Beamdog CEO Trent Oster

The year is 1942 and the world is at war! Axis & Allies Online is a race for victory as the United Kingdom, Soviet Union, United States, Germany, and Japan vie for world domination in this official adaptation of the classic board game!

- Battle in single or multiplayer modes
- Play with allies and enemies across the world
- Hotseat play for 2 to 5 players
- Challenge yourself against AI
- Start with learn-to-play tutorials
- Keep informed with interactive game guides and war diaries

Axis & Allies Online will be coming soon to Steam Early Access.

Make sure to sign up for the Axis & Allies Online newsletter for the latest updates on community, strategy and development! Follow Axis & Allies Online on Twitter and Facebook!
taclaneanastiellefreutTorgrimmerTressetSkatanRaduzielStummvonBordwehrNonnahswriterlolienspacejawsgugulug5000theonlypeejkanisathaMantis37Saint_ScyllaAron

Comments

• taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Awesome news! Congrats on the exciting (and unexpected) announcement, Beamdog!

Can't wait to see A&A appear in Steam Early Access.
    JuliusBorisovanastiellolien
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Now this makes my Day being a huge World War Enthusiast and coming from a military family. Thank you Beamdog I LOVE YOU <3
    JuliusBorisovanastiellolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    hooray. The second world war never gets old.

Interesting to see "Online" tacked onto a Beamdog title though, and 5 player games are rare.
    anastiellolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Silverstar wrote: »
    hooray. The second world war never gets old.

Interesting to see "Online" tacked onto a Beamdog title though, and 5 player games are rare.

You can play online multiplayer with two to five players. Or you can play offline against AI. Or you can play hot-seat.
    anastielTorgrimmerlolienSilverstar
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    will be translated into which languages?
    Aedan
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    anastiel wrote: »
    will be translated into which languages?

TBD.
    anastiel
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    When is it going to be released... roughly. Just so Wild Surge can attempt to plan an issue around a topic that fits the game.
    lolien[Deleted User]
    deltago wrote: »
    When is it going to be released... roughly. Just so Wild Surge can attempt to plan an issue around a topic that fits the game.

Send a message to pr@beamdog.com
    lolien[Deleted User]
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Good move. Smart move.

Not the poison I like, but I don't own Beamdog.

Yet.

B)
    StummvonBordwehrlolienJuliusBorisovDerpCity
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Looks really promising. Well done Beamdog.
    TorgrimmerJuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Where can I find some in-game screenshots/footages? The FAQ states it's out on Steam (Early Access), but I cannot find the relevant Steam page......
    anastielTorgrimmer
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    this game use infinity engine? or other version in beta for new engine?
    Luke93 wrote: »
    Where can I find some in-game screenshots/footages? The FAQ states it's out on Steam (Early Access), but I cannot find the relevant Steam page......

Yeah, the FAQ was getting ahead of itself. You'll have to wait for the screenshots and footages a bit. ;)

No. The game looks like a turn-based strategy - it's an adaption of the board game AA.

kanisathaanastiel

Yeah, the FAQ was getting ahead of itself. You'll have to wait for the screenshots and footages a bit. ;)

No. The game looks like a turn-based strategy - it's an adaption of the board game AA.

My wife going to kill me even though she's right here reading this as i type it, but whose the chick in the youtube video, :blush:
    Torgrimmer wrote: »

My wife going to kill me even though she's right here reading this as i type it, but whose the chick in the youtube video, :blush:

Becca Scott, she says her name at the beginning.
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmer
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited February 2019
    «We should note that Stalin planned operations on a globe. Yes, comrades, he used to take a globe and trace the front line on it» [Khrushchev].
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmer
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    @ Julius - will this come to IOS and Android as well ?
    Torgrimmer
    DonCzirr wrote: »

Right now it's only coming to Steam Early Access.
    Torgrimmer
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited February 2019
    Torgrimmer wrote: »

Becca Scott, the host of How to Play on Geek and Sundry.
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmer
    When I, the avid fan of RPGs and DnD games, tried Axis & Allies Online for the first time, I didn't know I'd be so hooked.

I gave it a chance, and never looked back. I'm honest here, this game is very addicting, and shines when you play against other people.

WAIT?! YOU'VE PLAYED IT?

GIMME MEOW!

and... ya: Imma gonna try to get all the questions asked about it put here. So if you have questions about the game. Just post them here and I'll add it to the list.
    Torgrimmer
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Awesome! I usually avoid Early Access games but I might make an exception here. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like :)
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmer
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165

That's quite unfortunate.

For PC, Axis and Allies really can't compete with more detailed WW2 grand strategy games like Matrix Game's Strategic Command : War in Europe.

On the iPAD however - it would be a one of a kind entry for WW2 grand strategy.

Hopefully someone will rethink that decision in the near future ...
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmerAmmar

Hoping it comes to Android bc i love my tablet.

That's quite unfortunate.

For PC, Axis and Allies really can't compete with more detailed WW2 grand strategy games like Matrix Game's Strategic Command : War in Europe.

On the iPAD however - it would be a one of a kind entry for WW2 grand strategy.

Hopefully someone will rethink that decision in the near future ...

Bc atm Matrix has the WW2 PC market but they are not in the mobile/tablet (IOS/Android) market this could be a huge business move.
    anastiel
This discussion has been closed.