Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Would anyone have interest in a component that turns Shar-Teel into a Bloodreaver of Garagos (boosting her Con to 11 and Wis to 9)?

I would. Love Shar-Teel and she would fit as a bloodreaver
    Raduziel
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Would anyone have interest in a component that turns Shar-Teel into a Bloodreaver of Garagos (boosting her Con to 11 and Wis to 9)?

Would she retain her exceptional strength? Either way I think it would be cool to have the option.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Would she retain her exceptional strength? Either way I think it would be cool to have the option.

No, but that is why buff spells are there for.
    Dawglicious
    News of the front:

2 out of 3 bugs reported are fixed.

The Sanctuary and Silence codes are tested and approved.

Shar-Teel is 90% done, I just need to know how to add spell slots to her.

That's it. I'm off to bed now.
    GusindaDawglicious
    Ok, Shar-Teel is 95%. Here's a preview:
    9opfko5fywvg.png
    u6bwgbi9in9i.png
    bnxirbefo80v.png
    r6s8hb0klg9i.png
    qngewtzbb43r.png
    7qrbm5979yoi.png
    GusindaGrammarsalad
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2019
    @Raduziel the Darkness special ability of Ibrandul seems to only work for one round per level instead of 1 turn as the description says. My 3rd level priest cast it and it finishes in about 3 rounds. Certainly not one turn.

EDIT: I had Ajantis cast protection from evil while I cast darkness. Darkness ended much sooner.
    Raduziel
    edited February 2019
    @Necromanx2 Probably an oversight. I'll check the PHB to see the correct duration and will update accordingly (either the spell or the text).

Ok, I know what happened. PnP says 1 turn level, indeed, but during my playtests I found that it was way too much, generating drawbacks like making it impossible to save the game during the effect or forcing the party to walk around the spell to prevent being blinded themselves after the combat was over.

So I tuned it down to 1 round/level but never updated the texts.

It is fixed now and will be shipped with 1.9.5

Thanks!
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    While making the I Hate Undead update I found an issue (engine related) that may affect some custom spell from Deities of Faerûn.

So for 1.9.5 I'll make a revision of every spell I've created to make sure that this engine issue will not happen.

Will be easier than it sounds, but will push the next version's release a day or two.

Cheers.
    GusindaDawglicious
    edited February 2019
    Revision made, everything working fine.

Shar-Teel component ready. A huge improvement to the way Garago's Chaotic Combat is coded ( @kjeron kindly taught me a better way to do so).

Pretty much everything is ready and I'm stress-testing the mod. One issue appeared where Savras and Red Knight are excluding each other if they are installed separately (install one, close Weidu, install another). I'm with Kjeron trying to work on a solution.

After that everything will be ready for 1.9.5 to be released.

Problem solved!

I'm officially opening the beta to 1.9.5 - click here to download it.

This version is basically about coding improvement and polishing and bug-hunting and adding the Spell-Selection-in-UI tool (by Kjeron) for the Shamans and making the integration with mods that uses DoF's sphere system even better and tweaking Silence and Sanctuary.

Sorry for not be here thrilling you guys and girls with a new kit. But Shar-Teel as a Bloodreaver may compensate it.

I'm particularly happy with this update as I learn a lot by doing it.

Cheers!
    GusindaGrammarsalad
    edited February 2019
    @Raduziel I am getting a strange thing during install. I am getting an overwrite message. I Uninstall and delete the folder and install exe so there is nothing to overwrite, yet I get this message each time I install (tried twice to confirm and get it each time). Which files do I keep?
    nyn14e9ke0d2.png
    [spoiler/]
    @Necromanx2 Hold that though, I might have made a stupid thing in Github.
    edited February 2019
    @Necromanx2

Ok, fixed. Github is case sensitive, but Windows is not, I had uploaded both RARedk2 and RARedK2.

You won't have this problem anymore.

---

Here's the list of what changes with 1.9.5:
    - New component: Shar-Teel, the Bloodreaver of Garagos.

- Spell altering: Silence now provides 100% MS boost, as intended in PnP.

- Spell altering: the following spells will not break Sanctuary:

~CLERIC_BLESS~
    	~CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS~
    	~CLERIC_DETECT_EVIL~
    	~CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_EVIL~
    	~CLERIC_REMOVE_FEAR~
    	~CLERIC_ARMOR_OF_FAITH~
    	~CLERIC_SPIRIT_WARD~
    	~CLERIC_PROTECT_FROM_GOOD~
    	~CLERIC_AID~
    	~CLERIC_BARKSKIN~
    	~CLERIC_FIND_TRAPS~
    	~CLERIC_GOOD_BERRIES~
    	~CLERIC_KNOW_ALIGNMENT~
    	~CLERIC_RESIST_FIRE~
    	~CLERIC_SLOW_POISON~
    	~CLERIC_GOODBERRY~
    	~CLERIC_RESIST_FIRE_AND_COLD~
    	~CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS~
    	~CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_FIRE~
    	~CLERIC_REMOVE_CURSE~
    	~CLERIC_REMOVE_PARALYSIS~
    	~CLERIC_INVISIBILITY_PURGE~
    	~CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS~
    	~CLERIC_CURE_DISEASE~
    	~CLERIC_ZONE_OF_SWEET_AIR~
    	~CLERIC_EXALTATION~
    	~CLERIC_STORM_SHELL~
    	~CLERIC_FAVOR_OF_ILMATER~
    	~CLERIC_SPIRITUAL_CLARITY~
    	~CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS~
    	~CLERIC_FREE_ACTION~
    	~CLERIC_NEUTRALIZE_POISON~
    	~CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY~
    	~CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_LIGHTNING~
    	~CLERIC_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL_10_FOOT~
    	~CLERIC_DEATH_WARD~
    	~CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION~
    	~CLERIC_FAR_SIGHT~
    	~CLERIC_LESSER_RESTORATION~
    	~CLERIC_UNFAILING_ENDURANCE~
    	~CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS~
    	~CLERIC_RAISE_DEAD~
    	~CLERIC_TRUE_SIGHT~
    	~CLERIC_IRONSKIN~
    	~CLERIC_CHAOTIC_COMMANDS~
    	~CLERIC_MAGIC_RESISTANCE~
    	~CLERIC_MASS_CURE~
    	~CLERIC_REPULSE_UNDEAD~
    	~CLERIC_PIXIE_DUST~
    	~CLERIC_SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER~
    	~CLERIC_UNDEAD_WARD~
    	~CLERIC_RECALL_SPIRIT~
    	~CLERIC_HEAL~
    	~CLERIC_WONDROUS_RECALL~
    	~CLERIC_PHYSICAL_MIRROR~
    	~CLERIC_ENTROPY_SHIELD~
    	~CLERIC_SHIELD_OF_THE_ARCHONS~
    	~CLERIC_REGENERATE~
    	~CLERIC_RESURRECTION~
    	~CLERIC_RESTORATION~
    	~CLERIC_MASS_RAISE_DEAD~
    	~CLERIC_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND~
    	~CLERIC_GREATER_SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER~
    	~CLERIC_MIST_OF_ELDATH~
    	~WIZARD_ARMOR~
    	~WIZARD_FRIENDS~
    	~WIZARD_IDENTIFY~
    	~WIZARD_INFRAVISION~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL~
    	~WIZARD_SHIELD~
    	~WIZARD_REFLECT_IMAGE~
    	~WIZARD_EXPEDITIOUS_RETREAT~
    	~WIZARD_BLUR~
    	~WIZARD_DETECT_EVIL~
    	~WIZARD_DETECT_INVISIBILITY~
    	~WIZARD_INVISIBILITY~
    	~WIZARD_KNOCK~
    	~WIZARD_KNOW_ALIGNMENT~
    	~WIZARD_LUCK~
    	~WIZARD_RESIST_FEAR~
    	~WIZARD_MIRROR_IMAGE~
    	~WIZARD_VOCALIZE~
    	~WIZARD_CHAOS_SHIELD~
    	~WIZARD_CATS_GRACE~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_PETRIFICATION~
    	~WIZARD_CLAIRVOYANCE~
    	~WIZARD_INVISIBILITY_10_FOOT~
    	~WIZARD_NON_DETECTION~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_NORMAL_MISSILES~
    	~WIZARD_GHOST_ARMOR~
    	~WIZARD_MINOR_SPELL_DEFLECTION~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_FIRE~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_COLD~
    	~WIZARD_DETECT_ILLUSION~
    	~WIZARD_DIMENSION_DOOR~
    	~WIZARD_IMPROVED_INVISIBILITY~
    	~WIZARD_MINOR_GLOBE_OF_INVULNERABILITY~
    	~WIZARD_STONE_SKIN~
    	~WIZARD_REMOVE_CURSE~
    	~WIZARD_SPIRIT_ARMOR~
    	~WIZARD_MINOR_SEQUENCER~
    	~WIZARD_FAR_SIGHT~
    	~WIZARD_EYE~
    	~WIZARD_EMOTION_HOPE~
    	~WIZARD_EMOTION_COURAGE~
    	~WIZARD_SHADOW_DOOR~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_NORMAL_WEAPONS~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_ELECTRICITY~
    	~WIZARD_ORACLE~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_ACID~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_SHIELD~
    	~WIZARD_MINOR_SPELL_TURNING~
    	~WIZARD_CONTACT_OTHER_PLANE~
    	~WIZARD_GLOBE_OF_INVULNERABILITY~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_ENERGY~
    	~WIZARD_TRUE_SIGHT~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS~
    	~WIZARD_CONTINGENCY~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_DEFLECTION~
    	~WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH~
    	~WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_TURNING~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_THE_ELEMENTS~
    	~WIZARD_MANTLE~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_SEQUENCER~
    	~WIZARD_MASS_INVISIBILITY~
    	~WIZARD_LIMITED_WISH~
    	~WIZARD_IMPROVED_CHAOS_SHIELD~
    	~WIZARD_SEVEN_EYES~
    	~WIZARD_MIND_BLANK~
    	~WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_ENERGY~
    	~WIZARD_IMPROVED_MANTLE~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_TRIGGER~
    	~WIZARD_IRON_BODY~
    	~WIZARD_SPELL_TRAP~
    	~WIZARD_ABSOLUTE_IMMUNITY~
    	~WIZARD_CHAIN_CONTINGENCY~
    	~WIZARD_FREEDOM~
    	~WIZARD_WISH~
    	~WIZARD_IMPROVED_ALACRITY~

If Spell Revision is installed, Knock, Known Alignment and Shadow Door will break Sanctuary as they are turned into hostile spells.

- Spell altering: Haste and Slow now provides -2 bonus and a +2 penalty (respectively) to Initiative as PnP rules.

- Bug fix: better interaction between Red Knight and Savras install to prevent an issue where installing one of them would prevent the install of the other.

- Bug fix: several custom spells (kit's features) were altered so they work as intended.

- Bug fix: several custom spells (kit's special abilities) were altered to avoid an engine issue with multiclasses.

- Improvement: change in the code for integration between non-DoF kits and DoF's Sphere System.

- Improvement: cleaner and lighter coding for Garago's Chaotic Combat.

- Consistency: Darkness description now shows 1 round/level as happens in the game.

- Consistency: C/M Fastpaw of Baervan no longer available to players. Per PnP, this combination does not exist (Aerie still has access to it, though).

- New feature: DoF now uses Kjeron's tool UI-based Spell Learning for Shaman kits.

- IWDEE: Ranger/Cleric multiclass will now receive Tracking at level 1 as it should.

- IWDEE: Cleric/Thief multiclass will now receive Evasion at level 7 as it should.

- Architecture: all the spells' altering (including the bug fixes) were moved to inside one of the Sphere System files (IWDImport.tpa).

I'm double-checking if Haste/Slow already gives the Initiative bonus/penalty. If it already does, this part of the code will obviously be removed for the official release.

Everything is uploaded to Github already. The official release will wait for a little, as some tests between DoF and DtK interaction are still happening.

@Necromanx2 Bug fix #2 fixes the Ibrandul's issue you reported.
    Version 1.9.5 is officially released! Check the previous post to see what changed.

Enjoy!
    Gusinda
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    A note - the Dialog-based spell learning for shamans is still present in IWDEE. It will remain until this bug is fixed.
    RaduzielGusinda
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2019
    1) Because if someone's not using the sphere system I deduct that this person wants to play the game as it is.

2) Yes, they give a bonus or penalty to Weapon Speed Factor (Opcode 190). Accordingly to the intel I've gathered, neither Haste or Slow affect "initiative" (weapon speed factor).

If somehow I'm proved wrong I'll regress the alterings, no problem at all. Version 1.9.5 definitely is not the final one.
    Grammarsalad
    Your concern is one more reason to put the fixes and tweaks under the sphere files as no one will install both spheres systems at once.

And there is no difference between applying 100% or 200% to MS. The more the merrier, as by PnP someone under Silence automatically success in a MS check.

As for the Haste/Slow, as said, if the intel I received is proven wrong I'll remove this feature - that can be done under 2 minutes.

About Haste itself, I think that an animation can happen twice without exactly affect speed.

Let's say I'm using a long sword (SF 6) vs someone using a short sword (SF 2) - those are assumed values.

The person attack first, then I attack twice, as my animation refreshes before my enemy's.

Anyway, it is not written in stone.

Thanks for the insights :)
    Raduziel
    @subtledoctor You're always welcome to share your thoughts. I truly appreciate them. :)
    @Raduziel I just got Shar-Teel and she has Garagos kit just fine. I do notice that she has cure light wounds even though healing is not a sphere she has. No 2nd or 3rd level heals, just the 1st level.
    Raduziel
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    @Raduziel I just got Shar-Teel and she has Garagos kit just fine. I do notice that she has cure light wounds even though healing is not a sphere she has. No 2nd or 3rd level heals, just the 1st level.

I think I misplaced the function that alters the NPC spellbook. Will fix it, but ATM I'm busy cooking for my baby. ❤️
    edited February 2019
    @Necromanx2 Fixed.

Unzip the attached file inside DeitiesofFaerun\Lib\NPC replacing the old file.

Reinstall the Shar-Teel component.

You need a save from before meeting her for the first time, though. The alternative is to spawn a new one (using sharte, sharte4 or sharte6) - those should have their spellbook correct - and get rid of the old one, but IDK how this affects GLOBALS.

Thanks for reporting.
    edited March 2019
    Version 1.9.6 will have:

- A fx for Animal Summoning I (reported here by @kotophey )

- Better behavior for Stoneskin, Ironskin, Mirror Image and Reflect Image (they will block disease, poison and, for the last two only, level drain while active).

- Nobanion.

- A fix for Shar-Teel.

And probably Lurue (I'm trying to reproduce one of her spells - @Grammarsalad gave me a great idea so I think it will be possible now).
    edited March 2019
    Ok, I'm thinking about bringing some more spells closer to their PnP counterpart.

Those spells would be Fireshield, Symbol and Emotion.

Now those spells are split into two or more spells, but they shouldn't behave that way (per PnP rules).

Casting Symbol should allow the caster to choose what Symbol he/she wants to use, Fireshield should let the caster pick if it would be Red or Blue, Emotion should allow the cast of one of several effects (Fear, Courage, Hope, Hopelessness).

Those changes would not happen for wizards (it should, but I don't want to mess with them because it involves altering scrolls, etc).

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Edit: Like everything else, this would be inside the sphere component.
    Sounds fine to me. Will give better options to priests for memorized spells.
    Raduziel
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Ok, I'm thinking about bringing some more spells closer to their PnP counterpart.

Those spells would be Fireshield, Symbol and Emotion.

Now those spells are split into two or more spells, but they shouldn't behave that way (per PnP rules).

Casting Symbol should allow the caster to choose what Symbol he/she wants to use, Fireshield should let the caster pick if it would be Red or Blue, Emotion should allow the cast of one of several effects (Fear, Courage, Hope, Hopelessness).

Those changes would not happen for wizards (it should, but I don't want to mess with them because it involves altering scrolls, etc).

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Edit: Like everything else, this would be inside the sphere component.

I like the idea in the abstract, but how would it work in practice? I'm assuming that you would use #214, but isn't that opcode kinda clunky in combat situations? (I.e. isn't it too easy to lose the spell if you select another character, etc)?
    Raduziel
    @Grammarsalad Yes, Op 214 precisely.

I never had issues with that Opcode, to be honest. And I have used it before with some custom spells.

What I do is use Target = 7 (self instant), flag no wildsurge and no failure, and let all the casting issues to the subspell.

I confess that I never switched character in the middle of a spell casting - with Opcode 214 or not.
    Grammarsalad
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    If you use targetmode=7 it will ignore the spells/round rule.
    If you don't you risk losing the spell if you switch which character is selected.
    Grammarsalad
    kjeron wrote: »
    If you use targetmode=7 it will ignore the spells/round rule.
    If you don't you risk losing the spell if you switch which character is selected.

But my idea is exactly to go directly to the spells that we want to cast, so the first one only opens a menu - the round-consuming spell is the subspell.

Unless I'm failing to see an issue you're pointing out.